My dinafem discovery and subsequent delight

blackpoolbouncer

Ok, thanks for the advice.... I hope I can fill the scrog with purely LST or it could get a little thin on the ground as they wont have 5 weeks of veg like the photos did :)

I somehow need to get some rigid grid - metal preferably because the string scrogs suck bad. I'll make individual ones for each pot as you have done here :)

Keep up the great Diary mate... always a pleasure dropping in here for your updates!

• Like 1

Out of interest, where you get your wire mesh from?

The ones @@blackpoolbouncer made are certainly more sturd than others I have seen.

I'm sure he will be along soon to let you know where he gets his from :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

Guest b33lz33bub

Still looking good despite the nute problems. It's always a blow when the plants look a bit shit, but they usually seem to produce plenty of good bud even when looking terrrible by the end. I guess we're aiming for perfection !

The fuse went in my room last night, luckily I checked before bed and reset it, but the humidity had gone up to 75 % with no fans working. I have an electric heater running on the same ring main in an adjacent room which switches on and off with the in built thermostat so I can only guess that it's this that has created a spike and tripped the fuse. It wouldn't be a big problem except that we're due to go away for a weeks Christmas visiting tomorrow, that the missus booked in, and I shudder to think about what would happen if it does it then (rotting plants, smell etc). it's only done it once before when the circuit was loaded above the fuse rating, not sure exactly what's caused it this time. Oh the joys of growing.....

Still looking good despite the nute problems. It's always a blow when the plants look a bit shit, but they usually seem to produce plenty of good bud even when looking terrrible by the end. I guess we're aiming for perfection !

The fuse went in my room last night, luckily I checked before bed and reset it, but the humidity had gone up to 75 % with no fans working. I have an electric heater running on the same ring main in an adjacent room which switches on and off with the in built thermostat so I can only guess that it's this that has created a spike and tripped the fuse. It wouldn't be a big problem except that we're due to go away for a weeks Christmas visiting tomorrow, that the missus booked in, and I shudder to think about what would happen if it does it then (rotting plants, smell etc). it's only done it once before when the circuit was loaded above the fuse rating, not sure exactly what's caused it this time. Oh the joys of growing.....

Could you not unhook the electric heater then only your equipment is run on that line?. I know this is probably easier said than done? Just a thought :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

Them RCD's are a right pain in the arse mate I know ;) Been having intermittent RCD trips myself over the last couple of months and I WILL find the culprit! lol No harm done though I would say with your girls mate, keep up the good work :yep:

• Like 2

Guest b33lz33bub

Could you not unhook the electric heater then only your equipment is run on that line?. I know this is probably easier said than done? Just a thought :)

All the best

D-M.

The heater won't be on while I'm away, and I'll check all the other electrics tonight for anything loose or wet.

I don't know about you lot, but I don't like being away from the grow room for more than aa few days...

The heater won't be on while I'm away, and I'll check all the other electrics tonight for anything loose or wet.

I don't know about you lot, but I don't like being away from the grow room for more than aa few days...

I think it's a grower thing mate. I hate leaving my plants. Even though the wife is highly capable I still like to get in there and tend the ladies :)

I think they will be fine mate. If the heater is of and that has maybe been the major cause of trips I would say your all good.

Try enjoy your break mate. I know it is hard but it's only once a year :)

Have a nice time mate

All the best

D-M.

• Like 3

@@LovinTheBeans I got this bit out of a skip at my local steel fabricators for free. Its galvanised wire mesh that you would make a while manor of things and is something a lot of steel fab places would have bits left over for the taking.

I then powder coated them whit to give a nice finish that was light, plant and heat suitable.

@@b33lz33bub thanks mate. Things are looking much better and back on track today. God bless cal mag is all I can say.

Like Mark said. Sounds like your on top of your electrics and I'm sure your plants will have an uneventful time apart from growing while your enjoying the festive period. All the best dude

@@botanics tell me about it mate. Though saying that it beats the shit outa getting the fuse wire out lol

If my rcds trip I like to know why. It tripped the other day and with me also going away for a couple of days I'm glad it's happened now and I know it's right. Hope you get to the bottom of your pesky intermittent trips

Thanks everyone for the kind words

• Like 2

The big girls got a watering tonight and I'm happy to say there on the mend. They have regained some green lushness where the cal mag had paled them.

As reported last night they looked hungry particularly the Bk1 so tonight the Bk1 got 3.5ml per litre of bloom and 2 ml pl of calmag.....5 litres

Bk2 was not looking particularly lacking in anything so just got upped ever so slightly to 3ml pl of oldtimers bloom and 2 ml pl of shogun calmag

The bk 2 is on the left and the bk 1 is on the right

IMG 20151222 3865

IMG 20151222 12137

The bk 1

IMG 20151222 51401

The bk 2

IMG 20151222 0700

And what it looks like in the tardis today

IMG 20151222 28423

Hope you all enjoy. I'm glad things are looking on the mend.

As of today I'm off for the festivities till the 4th so i will be setting about smoking as much wicked potent nicely cured hazy sweet goodness that is critical jack, white widow and more cheese than you could pass round at a party with a selection box of Jacobs so this Christmas I'm indulging and smoking my socks off with my friends and family.

lol thinking about it that sounds like every day. Anyway. All the best folks

• Like 8

Merry Christmas to everyone out there looking in

@botanics@sy100276@hydro4pot all the best chaps. Hope you have a great Christmas

• Like 3

I'm feeling pretty run down and Ill and its late after a long day so I'll keep it brief tonight.

Fed the big girls

Bk 1 got 4 ml pl of bloom 1.5 ml of cal mag. 5 litres

Bk 2 got 3 ml of bloom 1.5 of cal mag and again 5 litres

Bk1 the big stocky girl. I'm having a job keeping her satisfied.

She seems hungry for everything all the time!! 4ml pl at this stage is quite some going.

IMG 20151226 4897

IMG 20151226 5735

Bk 2 the tall slender lady who is pretty happy apart from showing a bit of heat stress even though the canopy temps have been good. I've moved them round a bit and I'm going to cable tie the lamp to the top tomorrow. Stretch has pretty much stopped now but I'm right on my limits if the tent. Ideally I'd like another couple of inches but it's not got that drastic the scissors are gonna have to come out.

IMG 20151226 29610

IMG 20151226 49225

It seems Santa's been over and sprinkled a bit of snow on the ladies. There forming nice little compact round nuggets as you can see from the update tonight.

IMG 20151226 6364

You can perhaps see some of the method in my madness letting them grow up from where I have given the structure of the strain.

There is many a strain I would not have got away with this much vertical growth as the bud structure and plant structure would be too dense to let the light through without some major snipping and branch management

Peace out folks. Hope Santa brought all you nice people something good

• Like 6