My dinafem discovery and subsequent delight

blackpoolbouncer

Things look to be progressing very well mate and yes the Critical Jack looks to be a very hungry drinking 5.5ml/l every 48hrs I would have thought would be plenty but if she is still hungry feed mate :).

Can I ask what compost do you use mate? as you really look to have things down :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

Clover multi purpose.

They do a professional range too that has water retaining crystals in it but I find for cannabis the normal multi purpose to be spot on.

I use this to grow several thousand bedding plants and a multitude of other things and can't recommend it enough.

Not too hot for seedlings but incredibly rich in all nutrients to promote strong growth. Only compost I've found that I can't find a single fault with.

Its 100% peat and its nice that it is sourced responsibly from non scientific special interest sites.

Cheap too all about the 3 or 4 quid a bag for 75 litres.

I don't think it's mega available but I bet privately run garden centres would be a shout.

• Like 3

Clover multi purpose.

They do a professional range too that has water retaining crystals in it but I find for cannabis the normal multi purpose to be spot on.

I use this to grow several thousand bedding plants and a multitude of other things and can't recommend it enough.

Not too hot for seedlings but incredibly rich in all nutrients to promote strong growth. Only compost I've found that I can't find a single fault with.

Its 100% peat and its nice that it is sourced responsibly from non scientific special interest sites.

Cheap too all about the 3 or 4 quid a bag for 75 litres.

I don't think it's mega available but I bet privately run garden centres would be a shout.

Thank you, mate, I know this thread will be getting a lot of views so just trying to get all the info I can for the good growers that want to give this technique a try. For that price per bag you can not say any fairer and I would say most competent garden centres will be able to get this mix :)

Thank you for sharing mate, very much appreciated. Keep up the blinding work with the grow, we at the office love this thread :)

All the best

D-M..

E2a-Have you tried ur xxl range of autos yet?

• Like 3

lol@@Dinafem-Mark, this cheese is supposed to be the xxl version.

Id read grow reports stating 5ft plants on the cheese xxl, i guess mine is a more indica leaning pheno as she stayed very squat from day one and to be fair the critical jack is a much larger plant.

I paired these two together expecting two big plants of similar size and was a bit suprised to find the cj the bigger plant.

Id almost say there mixed up but the cj has got jack written all over it how she grows?

the cheese xxl was free with an attitude promo, i assume it is the xxl not the xl

all very cunfusing.

Im glad everyone in the office is enjoying the show :oldtoker:

• Like 2

also to add, after reading back, it appears the penultimate feed was 5ml and i thought it was 5.5

I upped the feed to 6ml, i hope this wasnt too much going from 5ml and looking hungry

we will see, might have to knock it back down a touch for the next feed, however this may be just what the cj needed

I think she will be fine somehow

• Like 2

Not sure how I missed this one... some good growing and training there mate. Well done brother. Impressive. Packed the space nicely with bud in the tent too. Really nice growing that tbh. :)

• Like 2

Up tonight we have the cheese xxl.

She is becoming a bit finicky for heat/light/nutes.

I've known this to be a trait in many a cheese strain. I just think she's a bit sensitive to temps is this girl with her showing a bit of heat stress.

This is by no means a perfect grow but considering the fact they've traveled in a car twice and been looked after by a first time grower in a less than ideal environment for two weeks I don't think she's doing too bad but I'm chasing problems from day one and two that they were at my mates.

I've raised the light a bit and altered my clip on fans a bit to give it a bit more breeze.

Feed 5.5ml bloom 1 ml cal mag and she got 5 litres as per

Enjoy

cheese auto

cheese auto

• Like 10

oh I think you're doing allright in here BP for sure :yep:, I'll be re reading this diary quite a few times in order to hone some skills in growing that's for sure mate ;)

• Like 3

Nice update mate. I too am confused with the cheese xxl being the smaller of the 2 girls. I will send you cheese xxl to try if you would like, pm me:)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

@@botanics thanks mate. . We will see in a few days if she gets any worse. I'm glad this diary will be of practical use to someone, this was why I'm doing it.

I said if I can help one person by doing this diary then I'll be happy. So you've just made me a happy man.

I've learnt so much from this site and wanted to give something back and share what I do.

@@Dinafem-Mark she was only a freebie from attitude and to be fair she's still performed pretty well. She looked squat from day one and was the smaller plant from day one.

The cj grew exactly like I expected having jack in the mix.

I'm not complaining at all. She is still a super plant.

I may take you up on the offer once I've tried some but for the minute I'd have to decline your kind offer for the only reason being that I've got at least 3 other strains of yours planned to grow out.

The ABK, then I want to do a run of haze 2.0 and a few others.

If I really like the cheese I may change my mind but from previous experience it's not one of my favourites

• Like 4

Cheese is so over hyped in the UK. If done well yes it is nice but a moderate strain potency wise imo.

If you change your mind mate just give us a shout

All the best

D-M..

• Like 2

@@blackpoolbouncer - You'll help more than one with this thread mate. I'll learn a few things from this one.. as I'd expect anyone who reads it will. ;)

@@Dinafem-Mark - Agree on the cheese too. The hype that clone generated is quite amazing considering the lack of potency to it. Still, it's quite a novel thing to have in the jars.

• Like 5

Have to agree with both of you @@Dinafem-Mark and @@Blayz'd on the cheese. Bang on.

It OK to have a j every now and then but it would drive me crackers if it was my only smoke. To be fair I'm all cheesed out and I have no love for it anymore but an extra plant fills the jars.

Thanks too blayz'd I hope so. Auto's get a bad press and there aren't many good diaries on here that do em justice or are step by step so to speak.

Speaking of which if your following my diary and possibly copying knock .5 ml bloom of the last feed. It was a bit too much for both plants. I tried to push hard on the nutes this grow and I've just started to get some overheat showing now so I've backed off on the feed a bit. The cj got 5 ml bloom last night per litre with her showing slight yellowing g on leaf serrations

Up tonight the cheese xxl.

She's being a sensitive girl. She's never happy. One mile utensils she's saying feed me more the next she's thrown her toys out of the tent.

5.5 ml was a bit too much and she is showing yellowing on serrations accompanied by curling of the serrations like heat stress

Not long to go now though

Feed was knocked back to 4.5ml bloom. Usual 5 litres. Temps at canopy between 26.5 and 27.7

Rh 40%

IMG 20151022 1922

IMG 20151022 45534

IMG 20151022 27218

IMG 20151022 57782

• Like 7