New F1 FV Strains [Article] ★ All About the F1 FAST VERSION&#174

Sweet Seeds-tommy

ive read it several times over in weed world ..then i just stare at the pics

• Like 4

Hi mates!

In my opinion this is the article everyone was waiting for and everyone should read. It answer most of the questions about the F1 Fast Version concept.

And... with this article everyone can now do their own F1 Fast Version strains. If you have a good mother plant that you like a lot and you want to have that same genetic but 1 to 2 weeks faster, follow the instructions and you'll probably manage to reduce the flowering period without loosing all the desired characteristics that made you keep that plant as a mother in the first place.

From now on when people ask questions about F1 Fast Version strains we will always link to this article. It was written by one of our breeders and mentor of the seedbank.

Cheers and sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 13

Wow! that's a brilliant post Tommy ;)

I am sure this thread must be with sticky, there's a lot of information and as you said, also written by one of the principal breeders.. I really think it's something very useful for all the growers.

Thanks for sharing!

Sweet readings!

jaypp

• Like 3

ive read it several times over in weed world ..then i just stare at the pics

+1

I was nursing a semi at one point

Edited by Hatchy420
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

Great info, cheers to Sweet Seeds for sharing it! I am going to attempt to make fast versions of some of my favorite cuts this winter. A few questions: Are there any other features the auto pollen passes on? Like could it affect flavor? Any suggestions for what a good autoflower dad one should use? I'm sure that the dad being 100% stable autoflower is a must. I was thinking about selfing Green Poison Auto for the project. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again to Sweet Seeds for sharing this discovery!!! :)

• Like 2

Cheers mr_shizzy! :yep:

Thanks for the visit and kind words ;)

That's very interesting, I'm glad that people finally start to realize that it is possible to make F1 Fast Version genetics at home, shortening the flowering times of your favourite mothers.

Any suggestions for what a good autoflower dad one should use?

The best possible. At Sweet Seeds we use selected genetic lines of autoflowering strains from 3rd and 4th generation. Lines that are selected for being extra productive and very similar to their photoperiod versions.

Are there any other features the auto pollen passes on?

As we use selected lines from autoflowering versions that are very similar to their photoperiod versions, there are not many other features that could pass on besides the autoflowering feature. Doing it at home it is acceptable (and expected) that the home grower does not have a selected genetic line of autoflowering strains as good as the one we have at the Sweet Seeds I & D department.

But you can do it almost as good. Get 10 (or more) seeds from a 3rd generation autoflowering, like Green Poison Auto (it's a very good choice) and when they are flowering choose the 3 plants that are doing better (bigger, faster, smellier, etc, the features you prefer) and select them to use for this matter.

Other autoflowering genetics I would also use for this F1 Fast Version DIY projecto would be: Cream Mandarine Auto, Big Devil XL, + Speed, Sweet Skunk Auto.

You also have to take in consideration that as fast flowering as the autoflowering genetic is, then the result hybrid can be faster or slower. If you get to harvest your Cream Mandarine Auto plants earlier than you Green Poison Auto plants, then if the goal is to get a hybrid that is as fast as possible, you better use the Cream Mandarine Auto genetics for this matter. This is just an example, I'm not saying that Cream Mandarine Auto is faster than Green Poison Auto. But maybe germinating 5 seeds of each instead of 10 of only one of the genetics could also be a good idea.

Hope this helps. Would be wonderful to know more about it in case you go ahead with it.

Sweet smokes!! :D

tommy

Edited by Sweet Seeds-tommy
  • Like 4

tommy - thanks for the reply!

So after reading your post, I realized there is even more to this than I thought.

So photo mom (FF) X autoflower DAD (ff) = F1 Fast Version. (Ff)

But you say autoflower mom X photo dad would also make a F1 Fast Version (would that be fF or Ff?)

If that is the case, then I have already made a few as experiments trying to figure out how Stitch of Flash Seeds made SuperAutos. (made 4 crosses outdoors this summer - haven't grown any out yet)

This year I grew Sweet Seeds Bloody Skunk Autoflower, Dark Devil Autoflower and Cream Caramel F1 Fast Version outdoors. I was very impressed with all of them! The Bloody Skunk is now my favorite autoflower and the Cream Caramel yielded better and faster than anything else. I am now a HUGE fan of Sweet Seeds!!

I will continue to experiment and I'll post up my results here. CHEERS GUYS! :)

• Like 4

Hi mate!

No, sorry if I shared a wrong message. If you want to get seeds that are 100% feminized and 100% photoperiod you will have to go the way you mention, like it's explained in the article, which is "photo mom (FF) x autoflower dad (ff) = F1 Fast Version."

If you do the way I mentioned you will get autos that are improved (like jumping one generation) but no F1 Fast Version.

Sorry again, you should take in consideration what is explained in the article as that's the official information ;)

Cheers :yep:

Kind regards,

tommy

• Like 1

Just a note to mention that I edited the previous post so that no other users get confused.
Here's the only phrase I changed:
But you can do it almost as good. Get 10 (or more) seeds from a 3rd generation autoflowering, like Green Poison Auto (it's a very good choice) and when they are flowering choose the 3 plants that are doing better (bigger, faster, smellier, etc, the features you prefer) and select them to use for this matter.
  • Like 1

Okay, that explains everything. Thanks for the clarification. And big appreciation and respect to Sweet Seeds for sharing this info with everyone. And also thank you guys for doing what you do in breeding some of the finest genetics for the world to enjoy!! :)

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Hi mate!

No, sorry if I shared a wrong message. If you want to get seeds that are 100% feminized and 100% photoperiod you will have to go the way you mention, like it's explained in the article, which is "photo mom (FF) x autoflower dad (ff) = F1 Fast Version."

If you do the way I mentioned you will get autos that are improved (like jumping one generation) but no F1 Fast Version.

Sorry again, you should take in consideration what is explained in the article as that's the official information ;)

Cheers :yep:

Kind regards,

tommy

Hi iv just read this and I'm intreeged but can you explain in dumby terms for me,

So are you saying if I have a cheese mother , than reverse an auto and pollenate the cheese mother they will produce f1 fast version cheese seeds am I correct , and what do you mean by 3rd generation autos.

• Like 1

Cheers Chopshop!

Thanks for the visit and interest in F1 Fast Version strains :yep:

So, first of all I should say that I did not write that article, it was written by one of our breeders. I'm "just" the community manager and my knowledge about breeding is very limited. That being said all I can do is make my own interpretation of what the breeder wrote in that article.

And when I read this:

gallery_44939_2830_42270.jpg

The inevitable conclusion that comes to my mind is exactly what you mention:

So are you saying if I have a cheese mother , than reverse an auto and pollenate the cheese mother they will produce f1 fast version cheese seeds am I correct

Yes, in my personal opinion I suppose you are correct. Or at least it seems pretty clear from what I can read in the text.

and what do you mean by 3rd generation autos.

Every time we cross an autoflowering strain with a photoperiod dependent the resulting hybrid will reduce its Cannabis Ruderalis inhereted genes in 50%. With this we manage to distance it more and more from these primitive genetics. At Sweet Seeds we decided that everytime this happens, a new generation is created and this is how we estabilish the different generations of our autoflowering strains.

It’s important to distinguish the concept used with these “generations” from the so called generations resulting from the successive sexual reproductions. Not doing this differentiation could lead to wrong interpretations.

Hope this helps. Any other question feel free to ask and we will do our best to answer it. Sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 1

• 2 months later...