Fish·Mix

Casey Jones

@@catfish

A.C.T is an acronym for Aerated Compost Tea. Recipes vary, mine even varies depending on the ingredients I have to hand, but my current (simple) brew is the following (they can get a lot more complicated than this)..

- handful of worm castings

- teaspoon of fish mix

- tablespoon or two of molasses

Whack that in a bucket of water, mine is about 10 litres, with an air pump.

The idea is to culture beneficial (aerobic) bacteria.

• Like 2

Just goes to show, I suppose, that every grow is so very different.

I struggled like mad with BB nutrients & Allmix. But since switching over to PM and cheap GC potting compost (and a batch of Plagron Batmix, which I won't be repeating) its been plain sailing and the only problems I have had have been my fault ~ like forgetting to water, or letting the plant get too near the lights.

Going to try some PM compost next.

I'm surprised there has been no mention of TopMax so far on this thread.

I'm using BioGrow, BioBloom and TopMax following the BioBizz feeding schedule.

According to the packaging TopMax 'Generates explosive flower production'.

I have 8 Critical Kush on the go at the moment, 4 weeks into flower and they're on 1.5ml Grow, 3ml Bloom & 1.5ml TopMax. About once per week they get a dose of Fishmix on top.

Starting at week 6 they will be getting 4ml of both TopMax & Bloom.

I had 7 Skywalkers in the same tent getting the same treatment and they harmed on me after 3 weeks but I don't put that down to the feeding schedule - the Critical Kush seem to be loving it. I have heard numerous people have had the Skywalkers hermie at 3 weeks so I'm just going to put it down to bad luck with the genetics.

Going to try some PM compost next.

:yep: Converted a while ago from bb's allmix to pm's soil supreme, which I'm very happy with.

I'm surprised there has been no mention of TopMax so far on this thread.

Think the reason no-one's mentioned topmax is that most people don't rate it. I don't - used one bottle for 2-3 grows and the last 2 grows have had very little or no topmax. Not one bit of difference at all in terms or yield or potency. It's totally unnecessary - and expensive.

• Like 2

@@Vapehead - I wouldn't know, I'm on my first proper grow.

I'm going to experiment with TopMax on my next grow, half will get it, half not and we'll see.

Is it necessary to keep adding grow during flower,i am currently giving 5mil bloom and 3mil fishmix per 2.5ltr and plan to step this up over the remaining weeks..its week 6.......pm grow+bloom

Edit

I guess I will stick to the chart and if the plants need a little grow I will give it to them.learn to read the plants..for now they are looking ok

Edited by NuVista

@@Peregrine - Have a whiff of the TopMax, I find it smells very acrid. I try not to use nutrients that smell nasty... Though I did use TopMax for a few grow whilst using the BioBizz range, which helped me come to my smell test....

• Like 1

@@Vapehead - I wouldn't know, I'm on my first proper grow.

I'm going to experiment with TopMax on my next grow, half will get it, half not and we'll see.

Wasn't a criticism mate - I used it for my first few grows, I thought I needed it too. People in hydro shops love people who are just starting to grow cos they can usually sell them everything including stuff that is totally unnecessary.

Good idea for the experiment. Atb with your grow. :yep:

• Like 2

@@Vapehead,

I only have TopMax as there was a great offer on some BioBizz starter kits(-60%) so I bought a couple and TopMax was in the kit along with RootJuice which I probably wouldn't buy through choice but the Fishmix Grow and Bloom were too cheap to turn down.

• Like 2

A teaspoon in a mug of boiling water makes a lovely kinda fishy bovril.

Urgh!! You Don't mean 4U do You.....? Tell Me it's 4 The Ladies...

Well I've Never used TopMax, just read to many different opinions on Forums on it, May have to have another Look into T.M. again...it was when I was just starting out..I do however use Bio-Grow and Bio-Bloom, and was using Bio-Heaven(Bottle was small,lasted a year though) also was using Alg-A-Mic(seaweed extract? I think) but after a year seems the Alg(last third) has gone funny??

I love the BioBizz Range, though have been Interested in A.N. as well for while, but $$ and different opinions have kinda stopped Me taking the plunge...

What I have started using in My feed regime is Molasses(Looking good so far @7th wk of Flowering)

I recycle(Rols) My Soil/Perlite Mix and only add Organic Peat Free Vegetable Compost to "Freshen" the Mix up + always another Fresh Bag of Perlite...and I wash and use My Clay pebbles again...

Very Interested in "Fish Mix" indeed BIO BIZZ state(OR used to,don't know if still do) "Why Not Try Replacing Grow With Fish-Mix" on their Web Page.

I Did pick up(well the Missus did) some Wilko's Seaweed Plant Tonic - £4 for 1Ltr Concentrate and makes about 700L(rec *15ml-Capfull for 5Ltr) I used 7ml for 2Ltr.

wilko-seaweed-plant-feed-concentrated.jp

I do mix a little bit of Bone-Meal and Bat Guano into the first Third of a Pot when using *New(rols) Mix..

Peace

Edited by CrazyCatz2012

Just a Quickie...Been checking the "Fish Mix" @BioBizz and seems it is a bit of a stinker!?...

Does anybody use this on/in Indoor Grows...does it really smell that Bad???

Any replies to this be Great...Cheers

These are a couple of recent pics mate, being fed 2.5ml/1 PM bloom and 1.5ml/l fishmix. I also used fishmix at 2ml/l with PM grow at 2ml/l during flowering (Incrementally increased to that of course).

Plants are a picture of health.

Just a Quickie...Been checking the "Fish Mix" @BioBizz and seems it is a bit of a stinker!?...

Does anybody use this on/in Indoor Grows...does it really smell that Bad???

Any replies to this be Great...Cheers

:yep: