Fish·Mix

Casey Jones

@@KingBlueRizla I use a 100ml measuring jug for my nutes. With the Fish Mix I pour what I can into the bucket of water, then I use an old toothbrush to scrape the remaining Fish Mix from the side of the jug whilst it's in the bucket of water. I love the way this jug is made as it's easy to judge to the ml what you're feeding as it's been designed so tall and cylindrical that the 5ml graduations and the gaps in between them make it easy. I've had a few variations over the years, but this is by far the best one. Currently £1.99 on flea bay if anyone's interested?

gallery_42006_4777_4418.jpg

Edited by Casey Jones
  • Like 5

As long as you don't spill it, but PM Root Stim smells worse imo :bad:

Yeah 4ml of Fish Mix and 4ml of Bio Bloom :D:spliff:

4ml of fish mix sounds alot,you never had any problems?

From what week you add 4ml of bloom?

Edited by Herbal Kint

No, no problems with the Fish Mix so far as it follows the Bio Bizz schedule if you're using a light type mix i.e. PM Soil Supreme. Archie pushed his Fish Mix up to 4.5ml and bloom at 4ml on his last grow with good results http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=335389&p=3799173

I started using 4ml of Bloom at the start of the 6th week

• Like 1

fish mix is really good and you can use a lot, I have used 4ml fish mix and 6ml bloom with good results

now just add it so my ec meter sits round 1.3 my NL like this range but some plants/strains like less and other more

• Like 2

I use 2ml/l fishmmix alongside PM Bloom throughout veg & flower with good results.

Must have missed this when I first read the thread..

Fishmix is the Biz!

By the by, there is no need to "Flush" when using organic nutrients in a compost grow. IME, it makes no difference. Its a hydro practice, and is best left to the hydro peeps. Which makes life a bit easier, and that's all to the good.

Fishmix ~ damn, but the smell is just gorgeous!

• Like 2

This is my first grow usin fishmix. My plants had lockout due to cold roots and I also light stressed them so ye can imagine they didnt look happy at all. I got the temps back up to scratch and lifted the light a bit and after a couple of feeds of fishmix they looked smashin again :D

It does wiff a wee bit but after 20 odd years on a smelly old trawler its not that bad. Definate thumbs up from me :yep:

• Like 2

This is my first grow usin fishmix. My plants had lockout due to cold roots and I also light stressed them so ye can imagine they didnt look happy at all. I got the temps back up to scratch and lifted the light a bit and after a couple of feeds of fishmix they looked smashin again :D

It does wiff a wee bit but after 20 odd years on a smelly old trawler its not that bad. Definate thumbs up from me :yep:

20 years on a trawler? Kudos! When I worked as a roofer's laborer I kept myself going by thinking 'well, it can't be as hard as being a trawlerman'.

• Like 1

interesting post, i've also gone back to bio-bizz bloom and fishmix, i've only just flipped to flower and they are in a light mix i've been a bit careful at the moment using fishmix they are on 1ml fishmix and 1ml bloom on there first week but i think these thc bomb have been light feeders during there 5 week grow period so not to sure if going up to 4ml fishmix during this grow would burn the hell out of them if they have been light feeders during there grow period, or now they are in flower they might be hungry on the N...

Edited by ganja_gardener

Yes it's the business , would like to do a grow start to finish with just fish mix and see the results.

I find it strange how growers rate biobizz alongside the fish mix yet not the pm bloom. All your doing is adding more grow nutrients with the fish mix so try doing the same with plant magic

My plants don't actually get that much bloom, maybe weeks 3-6, week 1 and week 2 are grow nutrients. Weeks 3, 4 , 5 and 6 are all bloom and week 7 are grow and bloom (half and half) and then plain water towards the very end

I don't believe one bottle can do it all

E2a: I'll get some pics up of day 49 bloom and there's not a yellow leaf in sight

Edited by Tony Montana
  • Like 5

I find it strange how growers rate biobizz alongside the fish mix yet not the pm bloom. All your doing is adding more grow nutrients with the fish mix so try doing the same with plant magic

My plants don't actually get that much bloom, maybe weeks 3-6, week 1 and week 2 are grow nutrients. Weeks 3, 4 , 5 and 6 are all bloom and week 7 are grow and bloom (half and half) and then plain water towards the very end

I don't believe one bottle can do it all

E2a: I'll get some pics up of day 49 bloom and there's not a yellow leaf in sight

Hi mate why do you add grow at week 7?

The reason I don't rate PM OT Bloom Tony is that anything above 2.5ml and it burns my plants, so giving Fish Mix with OT Bloom would burn the plants for me even more, and as you say one bottle can't do it all, hence the bio bloom and fishmix. Just watered my plants on day 44 and they have never been better in terms of yield, smell and quality with the Bio Bloom/Fish Mix combo. I've done coco twice and for me the taste and smell of coco grown weed doesn't compare with plants grown in compost.

• Like 4