The Random Thread

whats_luring

Guest RandyBoBandy

shit thats alot of dosh just to see infront of you.. i thought the main reason was to see if anyone was about.. making sure no one had any chance of seing you entering the plot

my eyes are getting worst as i get older but they still adapt quite well in the dark.. for instance, not long after entering a pitch black wood my eyes adapt.. and by the time ive got to any plots my eyes are ready... and most

of the time im hoping for cloud as the moon realy brightens shit up... a few times i had a shaddow of a night! bastard moon...

id like something to see a little way to save me checking the area before entering some plots.. but man thats a lot of money, you could get a nice gaming rig or a flashy vape lol

hope your having a chilled crimbo...

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 1

Guest Andromedian

Thats how good my xmas is....i'm on here and also looking for NVG's on the internet lol

Just discovered, by going direct to the Russian military Surplus, can get a pair for a snip at what i was going to pay.

Will just have to wait a month to get them coz of shipping.

Do like the idea of thermal imaging too, but its one or the other and like i said for a good thermal device £2000-£5000.....

the gen2+ Russian military goggles are pretty sound, might go for some of those....

yeah mate happy chrimbo Randy, just about to test myself with a dab of bho.....a spliff and a couple of beers...

Roll on next year

Guest RandyBoBandy

thats what i need, thermal... would be nice!

plenty of beers but cant have a spliff for a few hours yet lol.. by the time i hit a joint it will be a couple of puffs and pass out

enjoy your dab mate and the rest of your night

Edited by RandyBoBandy

Dude, you know your shit........

Only problem i have.....£2000 will get me a mediocre thermal imaging device, the really good ones go for double that and beyond. These devices tend to come in scope models and not hands free. They are also made for the use of finding heat signatures mainly.

For the same money, i can get a decent pair of twin tubed gen 2 NVG's, with hands free head thingy. which would make walking in the near dark a lot easier than with a thermal imager. Although if anyone was hiding in the bushes, the thermal imager would see them a mile off, as to the NVG's, which wouldn't.

So, the dilemma you have left me with lol ........do i want to just see where i am going, or do i want to be able to spot things moving about in the bushes?

The sole purpose for me would be to use them just for visiting plots at night, not for game hunting or people spotting....

I do know my stuff when it comes to night vision and thermal I've spent over 10k on the stuff, the pulsar range of thermals are hands down the best out at the moment for the price they beat anything double there price and more with the hd38s I can see foxes over 500 yards away and sheep at over 1000 it is really that good, if you have got 2k to spend and have your heart set on nightvision I wouldn't go for a twin tubed set of goggles with nightvision you pay for the tubes your better off putting all that into one tube instead of 2 crap tubes, gen 2 Russian tubes ain't that good, gen 2 ranges from £500-£7000 for that money you could pick up an envis gen 3 or ps 14 with 1x magnification and a head mount and these really are the bees knees, or look at the starlight archer grade d for about £1700 that's gen 3 and are made in England with a good warranty.

• Like 2

Watch out though man any nearby cctv will pick up the IR torches on ur night gear like ur holding the sun, invisible to us but unfortunately not to the night- visuals ;)

basically yes.......8/10 plots next year....are the hardest to get to, by far, out of any plots we have done...

Coz of the ripper population, that is largely increasing each bloody year, we have decided to raise the bar some what in the places where we put our weed :yes:

These plots are night visit only.....

Bit ott of course....but fuck it.....seeing in the dark is right up my street :g:

Watch out though man any nearby cctv will pick up the IR torches on ur night gear like ur holding the sun, invisible to us but unfortunately not to the night- visuals ;)

basically yes.......8/10 plots next year....are the hardest to get to, by far, out of any plots we have done...

Coz of the ripper population, that is largely increasing each bloody year, we have decided to raise the bar some what in the places where we put our weed :yes:

These plots are night visit only.....

Bit ott of course....but fuck it.....seeing in the dark is right up my street :g:

• Like 1

Just smoked a blunt for the first time without help, in pretty much 1 sitting and feeling very little buzz from the early cropped first plant down. But a nice smoke it was

+1 for carrots. @ will confirm how much I love an Old Wives' Tale lol

Beef, oranges, spinach, oily fish, dark berries...

Francesca Marchetti, a leading optometrist from the eye care advisory panel WINK, says: Nutrients such as vitamins A, C and E, omega-3 fats and lutein are vital for better vision."

I'd also argue cannabis fits nicely in there... If you have a park nearby the FBZ then spending a half hour, smoking up a fat joint with @@zug might be a better way to go about it than forking out 1-2k on infra/NVG's

I've only used them once, and they were low grade military ones I played with. But I'd argue they are too clunky, and if you take a hit to the face it could be expensive and painful. Think branches blowing type thing... Then I'd hate to be in a chase with them on my face... At which point you are removing the goggles pre-chase and having to readjust your eyes from Bright NVG to the dark...

I dunno... I too have a bit of money in my pocket (still smoking 6-7g a week, but not having to pay for it is mint). But I dunno, not the sort of investment I'd make. Trip to Thailand in Feb... Under the price of NVGs and lots of massages from gorgeous women has gotta help you see in the dark... lol

Edited by Bubs Smoosh
  • Like 1

Guest spike_weed

I work in the night on 1 plot,

did these holes back in 2013 in the dark.

med_gallery_79779_6997_80181.jpg

Your eyes do adjust after 30mins or so in the dark.

• Like 1

Does blacklight (UV) show up mould on weed plants, anybody used it? Thinking this might help in the dark.

Been having a search on t'internet.....you could say i have night vision googles :jester:i'll get my coat....

Guest Andromedian

Wellllllllll, been looking at these for nearly a week now.......

should i get thermal or NVG'S????

Looked at practically every affordable product going.......

Gamekeeper dude....you're right again....the starlight archer gen 3's are the bollocks, really liking these....

£1700 with a head strap.....

The thermal Imaging equipment is a little more expensive, but great for spotting animals and people from upto 1000 yards, not really any good for walking with though.....best for hunting.

The other road to go down......Buy a pair of PNV-10T Gen2 NVG's, with headstrap and full kit direct from the Russian Military for £500, then if the tube is shite, can replace it for a decent gen3 tube later on. I am told it isn't much hassle to fit. Would this be possible?

I have purchased the goggles already and can get a really good tube for £800-£1000, gen3.

Thought to myself.....ill try them out first, i might even hate them, and never use them again.

However if i do like them in general, i can then go to the extra lengths to make them even better etc..

I find renting a Apache then absailing down to my plots digging holes popping some ultra invisible smoke then use my silent invisible jet pack to hover home much easer then faffing about but don't get me wrong there still good ideas good luck goohfy.

• Like 3

Guest Andromedian

I find renting a Apache then absailing down to my plots digging holes popping some ultra invisible smoke then use my silent invisible jet pack to hover home much easer then faffing about but don't get me wrong there still good ideas good luck goohfy.

Slight bit of Sarcasm.........

Anyway dude...you keep your Apache......i have a spaceship!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kombatkevin

Beautiful day for getting prep done today. Feel a bit lost now I can't take my dog tho.

Used all sorts of tools last year for digging-

Quickdrill

Mini spade

Metal welded spade

Manual auger

used a mattock today and got loads done a lot quicker its a must have tool imo.

Good luck to everyone this season lets hope for better weather

• Like 4

Guest Andromedian

@

Love your get up and go attitude dude.....Reeeeeeeeespect

i'm getting the itch too, we venture out next week ;)

Good luck to yourself too

atb

Andro

Edited by Andromedian