The Random Thread

whats_luring

Me too.....sooner or later i am gonna do myself an injury...i am not getting no younger lol

Gen 2/3 are what the army use....pretty good apparently

What's the need for these? Big plot inaccessible in daylight?

Guest Andromedian

What's the need for these? Big plot inaccessible in daylight?

basically yes.......8/10 plots next year....are the hardest to get to, by far, out of any plots we have done...

Coz of the ripper population, that is largely increasing each bloody year, we have decided to raise the bar some what in the places where we put our weed :yes:

These plots are night visit only.....

Bit ott of course....but fuck it.....seeing in the dark is right up my street :g:

• Like 1

Guest Andromedian

Used night scopes before m8 when on a game hunt, would imagine goggles help you see, but harder to walk as the field of vision is different, like waring someone's Joe 90's glasses

nah mate, its not like that with goggles....the magnification is x0, so you see what you see....

Scopes are different....x40 i think...

Not too sure though...... :g:

Guest Andromedian

Ah I see, yeah scope was x40, nail on the head in that case I'd say try before you buy m8, lot of money to part with on untested gear. Defo a trip to the shop, none of that mail order

like your thinking dude, been looking on ebay for a cheap pair, but like rocking horse shit, might just go and try them out first in a shop, and buy new with guarantee :smartass: bit more expensive, but the long run looks better :yahoo:

• Like 1

like your thinking dude, been looking on ebay for a cheap pair, but like rocking horse shit, might just go and try them out first in a shop, and buy new with guarantee :smartass: bit more expensive, but the long run looks better :yahoo:

hmmm I wonder if this night vision goggle shop is open at night time? :rofl:

• Like 2

think i'm going for a night garden next year :ninja: Starting at the lower budget end is a green light torch worth the investment, are they less visible to others??

Be interested how you get on Andro. If you do get a pair of NVGs and Zug doesn't can we have a sweepstake on how long it goes before he hits you with a shovel for creeping up behind him in the dark once too often......

Merry Xmas All :santa:

Guest Andromedian

think i'm going for a night garden next year :ninja: Starting at the lower budget end is a green light torch worth the investment, are they less visible to others??

Be interested how you get on Andro. If you do get a pair of NVGs and Zug doesn't can we have a sweepstake on how long it goes before he hits you with a shovel for creeping up behind him in the dark once too often......

Merry Xmas All :santa:

Yeah mate i'll let you know how it goes.....got £1500 to spend on a pair....xmas present to myself :yes:

The torches i am not so sure about visibility wise......you kind of get what you pay for really. I can get a pair of gen1 NVG's for as little as £300-£400, gen2/3 are much much more advanced....the tubes alone are in a different league, as is the prices.

Zug said "I have already got Night vision" then he pulled out a head torch lol

• Like 1

Guest RandyBoBandy

i could really do with a pair.. i go on a man hunt around the area before jumping in to the bush...which is quite hard on a real dark night.. its quite funny thinking about it, walking along as any normal person does.. then now you see me.. now you dont! ive said it before but to be a fly on the wall watching us lot..

• Like 1

Even gen 2/3 need a bit of illumination to see on a dark night, on a moonlit night they don't need any, if you are using them to look for people I would scrap that and get a thermal imager they blow nightvision out of the water, it's like chalk and cheese

Eat more carrots !

It's a nice piece of kit but pricey .

Whenever I have stood in darkness I found it took at least half an hour for my eyes to adjust from when I left the house or car . Places like a riverbank or in a pond waiting for duck . It could be something that people forget . You can see better after a while . Of course the goggles are better !

• Like 1

Guest Andromedian

Even gen 2/3 need a bit of illumination to see on a dark night, on a moonlit night they don't need any, if you are using them to look for people I would scrap that and get a thermal imager they blow nightvision out of the water, it's like chalk and cheese

They do come with an illuminator built in, which helps to see in total darkness, but you are right, thermal imaging wins hands down, but the price changes somewhat too.....like i said you get what you pay for.

Guest Andromedian

Eat more carrots !

It's a nice piece of kit but pricey .

Whenever I have stood in darkness I found it took at least half an hour for my eyes to adjust from when I left the house or car . Places like a riverbank or in a pond waiting for duck . It could be something that people forget . You can see better after a while . Of course the goggles are better !

i fuckin hate carrots lol lol

• Like 1

The built in Ir illuminators on night vision is pants good for 30yds max, you will have to buy an Ir torch to go on the side to see well, for £1600 have a look at the hd19s thermal by pulsar, I've got gen 2/3 spotters and the hd38s thermal, I would choose thermal any day over night vision.

• Like 1

Guest Andromedian

The built in Ir illuminators on night vision is pants good for 30yds max, you will have to buy an Ir torch to go on the side to see well, for £1600 have a look at the hd19s thermal by pulsar, I've got gen 2/3 spotters and the hd38s thermal, I would choose thermal any day over night vision.

Dude, you know your shit........

Only problem i have.....£2000 will get me a mediocre thermal imaging device, the really good ones go for double that and beyond. These devices tend to come in scope models and not hands free. They are also made for the use of finding heat signatures mainly.

For the same money, i can get a decent pair of twin tubed gen 2 NVG's, with hands free head thingy. which would make walking in the near dark a lot easier than with a thermal imager. Although if anyone was hiding in the bushes, the thermal imager would see them a mile off, as to the NVG's, which wouldn't.

So, the dilemma you have left me with lol ........do i want to just see where i am going, or do i want to be able to spot things moving about in the bushes?

The sole purpose for me would be to use them just for visiting plots at night, not for game hunting or people spotting....