The Random Thread

whats_luring

@@soiled is your gallery private?

If it is then it won't post em up... I think... I might be wrong.

Maybe your buds were too good for the guerrilla thread... who knows? :oldtoker:

Na, i dont have a galley Bubs, all my pics i use a image host.

Its odd because the pics load into my post as normal, but when i post it dont work....Delete the pictures then it works...

I dont think my buds were too good. Perhaps too many of them for a self sufficient forum! but what is too many??? I get through forests each year.

Your EPK & PCK you did this year looked too good! So much so many of us are considering them next season! ;)

Ill have to have a word with a mod.

Cheers Bubs.

Edited by soiled

Hmmmm...That's sketch if that is the truth.

Could be a lock down on people posting pics with more than a rizla's worth too?

Id rather not put all my eggs in one basket.

If you have a problem why don't you ask a moderator?

I have the exact same thing. I reckon the site has done it to force people to host here.. :wanker:

That's nice, calling the site admin and moderators wankers, pictures are uploaded here for a reason, it's stops threads having blank spaces when offsite hosts stop displaying them and stops people getting spammed with pop ups(when you click the picture) when somone hosts them on a shit hosting site. Edited by ~Sanctuary~
  • Like 2

@@~Sanctuary~ I was merely showing that i was masturbating while typing ffs! :in_love:

What are you, their guard dog?

Its a ballache if on numerous forums.

This is not my primary forum and has lead to me not posting pics here any more. Great result... :ermm:

Edited by Loam Gnome
  • Like 6

@@~Sanctuary~ I was merely showing that i was masturbating while typing ffs! :in_love:

What are you, their guard dog?

Its a ballache if on numerous forums.

This is not my primary forum and has lead to me not post pics here any more. Great result... :ermm:

Well yeah I don't mind sticking up for the people taking the time to help run the site, I enjoy it here and it's just bad manners to call them wankers, it's hardly an effort to upload pictures and there are plenty who can be bothered to, it's a shame you don't agree I'd of liked to see what you have been upto. Edited by ~Sanctuary~
  • Like 1

I have the exact same thing. I reckon the site has done it to force people to host here.. :wanker:

Obviously to make people host here.

Not all image hosts remove exif data from uploads.

Much easier to just make folk upload here.

I do think it's a bit of a pain in the arse but safety first and all that. Rather all our privacys secure than it a little easier to share diaries between sites...

Never found another forum that claims ownership of the pics hosted on it. If i decide to use 'my pics' in future in a GG Guide book will i be infringing intellectual property or copyright laws? Or where 'host to post' is mandatory.

Easier to forget this when cutting and pasting BB code, smoothly facilitates some sharing.

Edited by Loam Gnome
  • Like 1

I think its more to do with continuity than claiming ownership of your property, if you decide to leave and delete your images it's going to cause problems with threads looking bare, you seem to think it's us and them but it's one big community of people together sharing what they have.

E2a: and this isn't just any cannabis forum is it? I'd argue it's one of if not the best, I'm also familiar with most cannabis forums but this is the one I choose to post on.

Edited by ~Sanctuary~
  • Like 2

Yes :gossip: and all that. So why the (Santa/Satan) clause about all pics hosted here become property of 420. That seems pretty us and them no?

Edited by Loam Gnome

I don't know but lets find out

@@Joolz why the (Santa/Satan) clause about all pics hosted here become property of 420?

Oldtimer1 put that rule in to help stop other sites and seed companies using your photos without your permission which happened quite a bit when he added that rule

when you upload to the gallery you have a box to ad your own copy write info if you wish, if you don't wish to add your own then the copy write defaults to us

he also added that rule so that we could use your photos in in house competitions such as cream of the crop, back in the old days the mods used to pick the photos rather than the member nominating their own, technically as a coup;le of members once pointed out, we had no right to do that without their prior permission which kind of ruined the surprise of being nominated

and you are correct about us asking members not to use image share sites for canna photos, some numpties don't realise that when they take a photo with their not so smart phone that the photos are embedded with location detail etc, our gallery strips all of that info, it saves the mods having to point out to people they've just told the world where their secret garden is

of course anybody who is not happy with that can request all of their photos and account to be deleted, in most cases its no big deal and no great loss

Edited by Joolz
  • Like 15

Ah ok. Yeah numpties and exif data files etc is understood. I can understand the continuity thing as well. @@Joolz So how can someone go about claiming copyright without that involving their real identity, or the identity of a business they own being attached to the copyright? Ie this pic remains the property of Nick Meplease.. lol

There is no way of individually de selecting this remote hosting ban in control panel/gallery settings no?

Edited by Loam Gnome