The Random Thread

whats_luring

Can anyone help me with something. Ive spotted a potential plot. Very overgrown how it should be south facing too. Its full of them weeds that have the seed sacks that pop when you touch them. What are they called? They seem to like wet areas does it tell me anything about the soil quality? Was hoping to throw a load of HFH strains straight in the ground as im unsure of the security of the plot so i don't want to go throwing too much money at it until I've had a harvest from it and i know its good. Its nice and close to my house so it could serve as a nice breading ground :) think i could put some mighty freeze out and a few cuts of durban and see what kind of genetic freaks i can create. Sorry about the rambling my main question is what the fuck are those weeds and what kind of soil are they generally found in?

Pretty sure that's Himalayan balsam or known as police mans helmet locally ! And I'm sure it likes similar to stinging nettles so should be good if not too wet !

• Like 4

Himalayan Balsam mate.

trimma beat me to it ;} please let us know what your research teaches you about these :yep:

Edited by Loam Gnome
  • Like 1

Pretty sure that's Himalayan balsam or known as police mans helmet locally ! And I'm sure it likes similar to stinging nettles so should be good if not too wet !

I bet it's a nice plant then.whys it called that do you know?If it's hanging with the nettles should be a good un.
  • Like 1

Guest kombatkevin

Isn't this knotweed?

My floodland plot is covered in this, 10ft tall by September. When I went to harvest walking through it it fires seeds at you, your pockets,hood,shoes all get full of seeds.

This plant grows in very wet areas. The only thing that didn't go mouldy on my wet plot was hfh wild3(shit strain).

I won't be growing near any of this plats next year

• Like 1

Guest spike_weed

This plant grows in very wet areas. The only thing that didn't go mouldy on my wet plot was hfh wild3(shit strain).

I won't be growing near any of this plats next year

med_gallery_79779_10347_592018.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_165421.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_499118.jpg

Guest spike_weed

I'm fussy spike, you do a fine job at ur lat but for me its too leafy,crap yeild.

All my opinion ofcourse.

Yeah man, that's why i like em :P there's 1 or 2 gems in the wild 3's, so i'm going searching for them this winter ;)

HFH is hit n miss though, most is leafy but 1 or 2 with dense buds.

Guest kombatkevin

Yeah man, that's why i like em :P there's 1 or 2 gems in the wild 3's, so i'm going searching for them this winter ;)

HFH is hit n miss though, most is leafy but 1 or 2 with dense buds.

Yea true that I'm a a hunt for The Amnesia\hashplant fat leaf lemon pheno. By far the best for me this season

Guest spike_weed

Yea true that I'm a a hunt for The Amnesia\hashplant fat leaf lemon pheno. By far the best for me this season

I had a lemon Wild Super 07 she was so fucking leafy though lol, but mega strong.

Found a load of gems in different strains that work well in my latt. :oldtoker:

Thanks for the replies yes the area in question is very wet but it looks to get a little less wet the further in you go. I didn't do much adventuring because i could hear a dog nearby so i thought it best to have a proper look another time. The reason i say it looks to get less wet is that there is a spring there and the weeds near the stream are monsters and as you look into the distance they get progressively smaller the further away from the spring they are. Maybe ill have a look tomorrow take the dog for a nice walk :)