The Random Thread

whats_luring

Brother B
8 hours ago, Mad Barry said:

Hi all hope this message finds you with blue skies. Thought I would drop a message as I am adventuring around the wilderness of British Columbia. As someone who was inspired into the sport of Guerrilla Growing by the Brown Dirt Warrior it feels as I am treading on sacred ground . The low population, the dense shrubbery and abundance of south facing slopes this place is a GG paradise for sure

peace

U live there ?

• Like 1

On 18/06/2024 at 03:22, Erbman T said:

As thats really how the subbies thing can be used by us who share this passion being able to share the genetics that we make, test and try and to make some good crosses in co-operation

Hey buddy, sorry I got a bit sidetracked and forgot to reply..

I agree it's good to be able to share seeds and genetics through the site, watching others grow something you made gives me a real buzz :)

I've not grown essex gold but have read about how hard it is especially in more humid environments but I guess like most hybrids it's pheno dependant. Hopefully you used the right phenotype and they will be tough as old boots bro 👍

you have made some nice crosses I see, the cheese burgers should be good, never got my hands on any of those but seen folk rave about them.

I like the look of the 11 darts x rene x gg3 x gg3 proper mouth dribbler that 1 :)

glad you like the bud from the rene x gg3 x gg3 @Stigofthedank was very impressed with it too..I've not grown it out myself yet but have held back a little batch for later down the line. I reckon it's a good cross to use for breeding purposes as its a bit early and hard as nails plus the resin production was through the roof.

there's a few other members growing some this season so it will be interested to see if they have the same opinion.

oh so they are fems, result as its a pita growing regs outdoors, I'm hoping to make a few fems myself this season as well as a load of regs, well that's the plan and will get most of them sent in for others to try.

your right seed making is my new addiction I just wish I had some indoor space to do things a bit differently but I'm strictly outdoors these days.

On 18/06/2024 at 03:22, Erbman T said:

im not sending any of those in. But if you wanted a few i’d spare a few for you and send tbem in. I got more off the GG3 x Rene x GG3 x Cheese Burger x Essex Gold than straight Rene Essex cross…

I appreciate your kind offer brother but I've got so many seeds and things I want to try I prob won't get around to growing them, real nice of you though 👍

You have a lot going on by all accounts so look forward to seeing what comes out of erbmans corner next :)

be lucky my bro :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 4

Erbman T

@Revive all good bro. X3 seedlings of it went in the ground yesterday

I have a few more seedlings of it to go out yet at another spot

Exciting times…. All the best with it all 

cheers

Erb

• Like 4

Just now, Erbman T said:

@Revive all good bro. X3 seedlings of it went in the ground yesterday

I have a few more seedlings of it to go out yet at another spot

Exciting times…. All the best with it all 

cheers

Erb

Good stuff erbman fingers crossed they can hold there own at the mercy of mother nature.

Will be watching with great interest :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mad Barry
10 hours ago, Brother B said:

U live there ?

Ex UKguerrilla living in alberta . Visiting BC on holiday 

• Like 2

Slippy One

Flying over an old plot that was ripped in 2020, only to find a dude sunbathing next to a deck chair? Funny what you find from above.. 😂

large.IMG_4286.jpeg.94eb22c22a693f1bc9366d9da03e94a7.jpeg

Edited by Slippy One
  • Like 2
  • WOW 2
  • Haha 10

CheechChongReturns

Bit of root restriction flowering .

I love an experiment or 2 , so I tested out the root restriction capabilities of a line I'm messing with , PassaPassa , which is a Maroc x RedPurps cross .

This poor girl has been flowering away outside in the gloom and rain while the days got longer . I was expecting it to go mouldy or get some rot with all the rain , but she is still going .

And so far. No hermaphrodite traits.

large.IMG_20240620_161806.jpg.72431a93f80073484cd9f54aa0c1b70d.jpglarge.IMG_20240620_161740.jpg.312ee602e1abd59c70b4562d28c8d013.jpg

Edited by CheechChongReturns
  • Like 8

SlimPikins
On 13/01/2024 at 18:34, Exile420 said:

Well hello there everyone been missing for quite some time and I owe some diaries I'll get done this year ;)

Will be back in full swing just wait and see ;)

Still waiting bro 🫣

• Like 2

dingo bingo

Without much thought I planted out this year and put the plants at the top of a small mound if that makes sense, but when watering a couple nights ago it was frustrating to see a lot of the water just running down the mound and away from the plant. So now I'm thinking of next year planting the plants in the middle of small dip in the soil to avoid the water running away - especially as overwatering outside doesn't seem like much of a threat to me, but perhaps I'm wrong? What does everyone think - dip vs mound?

• Like 4

Brother B

Use a watering can on a mound or wet the mound so the water penetrates the soil rather than wash down it , when the soil is dry it does shoot over it  but pour slowly it will absorb , ashen there established the water around the base of the mound so the water goes deep and the root spread out.

• Like 5

dingo bingo

That would make more sense than me rushing around trying to water as fast as possible in the dark :doh:

• Like 4

SlimPikins

Think I'll wring the socks out and water mine too 🥵🥵

• Like 3

dingo bingo

How often do folk water during dry spells? Seeing how much the ladies have come on since watering them on Monday has encouraged me to water more often than I thought they'd need....

• Like 1

bfehillbilly

At least once a week depends on your method of growing containers are going to need to be watered more often then if they were planted straight in the ground and how much heat is coming with the dry 

• Like 3