The Random Thread

whats_luring

Fuck me, Chief Bean Killer speak now. Over the last seven days iv chucked 15 beans (total) on top of my sky box (in the tub with wet paper towel folded over it) an iv got 3 lil seedlings, two taps showing and basically a whole lot of fuck all else. they are all stored in a dry wood box I have and they are wrapped up in there, Iv only had them 6 weeksish? starting to grate a little bit. These last five have 24 hours, il put one more wave in and if that doesnt work there shall, of course, be the obligatory breeder e- mail implying ones feces are in dissaray. there all wrapped an baggy-ed in a cool dark dry place so i doubt its the storage.

Are you keeping your seeds cool also?

Will stay viable for a lot longer if kept somewhere cool, dry and dark.

Guest Deathrow558

I can't get my head around the gallery on this site, just tried to put a pic on it and it was tiny.

Edited by Deathrow558

woodlandgreenback, when you say wet paper towel, do you wring it out. so its just damp and not piss wet through.I find if you just fold kitchen roll over a few times make sure its damp.Then just put it between two small plants,and just place in a dark warm place, i have had some seeds over 18 years old crack that way though they did take a few days .Though they have all been kept in a fridge,saying that it could just be the seeds and not you.

Edited by hashi
  • Like 1

@@uberowl yeah some did crack a bit but then jus gave up, couple even had a small tap coming out but I was being a bit stupid though checking them too much, had them on too cold a spot as well so this second wave iv left them untouched for 24 hours on a warmer patch and now I have two out of five so chucked em back on a yet warmer bit an il have another look tomorrow. Thanks though man I forgot about the giving em a lil crack, il be sure to try it if these are tardy bastards as well

• Like 1

@@hashi thanks dude yeah I did think i over killed the water a bit the first time but then remembered some people jus chuck em in a glass of water for couple days so thought nothing of it really, jus gone for a good damping this time round.

Does sound like you might have a shit batch of seeds mate. I remember years ago I bought some seeds big bud afgahni that just didn't wanna germ. I was a total new be at the time so I thought it was my fault. When I spoke to the worker of the head shopbi bought them from he told me other people had the same problems. Got my money back then

@@Dan1122 across the 15 seed so far Iv had six strains, of which 3 so far have shown, just hoping it was one of those things and these ones take off. Il be going for my 'bulk- stash' Biddy Earlys and a couple of the others i was really looking forward to. If they dont work il cry and put it down to needing cooler storage next year, We live and learn these things eh, what are people thoughts on putting a very sparse scattering of myco on the paper towels? as over the 2/3 days Id imagine they get to give an seedlings a good covering

@@Dan1122 across the 15 seed so far Iv had six strains, of which 3 so far have shown, just hoping it was one of those things and these ones take off. Il be going for my 'bulk- stash' Biddy Earlys and a couple of the others i was really looking forward to. If they dont work il cry and put it down to needing cooler storage next year, We live and learn these things eh, what are people thoughts on putting a very sparse scattering of myco on the paper towels? as over the 2/3 days Id imagine they get to give an seedlings a good covering

For sure add some myco, ive found in the germination stages, and early seedling it seems to help them a lot.You can also put the seeds in the fridge for say 24 hours and then take them out to germ, which is kinda of like artificially recreating the seasonal temperature change.

• Like 1

Guest Deathrow558

Man, my purple marocs aren't germinating very well - got one seed that hasn't popped and one that popped, is in soil and hasn't done anything since/

I'm trialing a new plot with 4 no. Royal Danes. Dug that baby over this morning. Pure Loam folks, grey looking shit, stoney, sandy to right degree. Nice and aerated. Added some years old household waste compost. Here's hoping a good one for everyone! :rockon:

basicaly I'm trying to upload a pic into my gallery and when i upload it it just becomes tiny, anybody know how to keep it the original size?? I'm a bit thick when it comes to technological stuff so sorry if its just something really simple and obvious :clown:

cheers :)

basicaly I'm trying to upload a pic into my gallery and when i upload it it just becomes tiny, anybody know how to keep it the original size?? I'm a bit thick when it comes to technological stuff so sorry if its just something really simple and obvious :clown:

cheers :)

What image resizer are you using mate? I use Irfanview and resize the pics to 600x800 - maybe you're resizing your images at thumbnail size?

What image resizer are you using mate? I use Irfanview and resize the pics to 600x800 - maybe you're resizing your images at thumbnail size?

thanks for replying, i don't think I've got an image resizer - thats probably where I'm going wrong :), il have a look at infanview. cheers