The Random Thread

whats_luring

Me too but these seeds aren’t gonna make themselves..  :yep: 

Edited by Slippy One
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Me too but these seeds aren’t gonna make themselves..  :yep: 

Nice one sir. Glad your still game.  What seeds are you making?

• Like 3

@Tommy tuckermy old GG#3 seeds from nearly 10 years ago needed a refresh, and a robust strain made from GG#3 pollen crossed with another BC strain called Rene (The Ren). Those Canadian beans have always been top performers at these latitudes. :yep: 

Trying to avoid getting the GG#3 pollen on The Ren due to the fact that it would be incest and doesn’t feel like a good idea, so we’ll be collecting the best looking males of each pollen at home from next month and painting the ladies manually. 

2024 is all about the seeds (especially as electricity prices prohibit keeping mums). And might be a nice legal side hustle too. :D 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

After finding seeds in some of my seedstockers autos and not finding signs of any male flowers its got me a bit para.

So does anybody know how far pollen might travel on the wind as its been pretty breezy round these parts for a few weeks now.

The plot is a new one few mile away from my main plot so i am wondering if theres someone with a regs plot nearby.

The para is real i going to give everything at both plots a good check over make sure there's nothing rogue.

• Like 4

I done a double plot run this morning luckily before the heavy downpours started.

I checked every bud every node of the auto plot plants that remain and theres not a nanna or male bit in sight sadly i think the 3 remaining blue mobys have been pollinated as well and will be full of seed.

FFS mun i wanted to try and make my own seeds next season but with some control.

Its one of 2 things as i see it either the santa marta haze has hermied and done the lot or there's a regs plot nearby with a male spunking his load about.

It has to be my main plot is 2 far away and being a bit para about it know i done the same at the main plot done a really thorough check of every plant and luckily no signs of pollination on the couple of autos there.

Feck me i glad i got home when i did having a cracking thunder storm at moment absoulutly pissing it down. lol

• Like 2

So two whole days (so far) sat trimming in the rain  saving what I could of my autos 

two nice plots rotting out like a mo fo… only approx 15 days away til full maturity on them (85 days in)  .. nice big plants (they were) Acid Kush plants around 1 metre+ tall each approx … and a number of Cream Mandarine around half a metre tall give or take … and a couple of Auto Mazar’s I had as freebies from an order of HFH gear …

well Acid Kush takes the rain very well… but day after day (almost a week now) of heavy rain and full Saturation without flowers or leafs drying out … eventually even they succumb 

Cream Manderine looked tasty and all.. but fuck all on em really and rot like a bitch … I won’t bother again with them for GG me recons 

the Auto Mazar have loose flower structure so rotting a bit, but not to bad.. only two out, one at each plot …. Chopped a few bits off rot out of em lookin kinda purple now .. they still up but doubt I’d do them again … flowers look a bit loose for my liking 

Been trimming all day at the plot today. Rain would start then stop … been doing it for days .. quite heavy bursts to at times .. in water proofs but still got drenched 

bit gutted I had to take the majority of it two weeks(ish) short …  left unaffected (currently) branches here and there to hopefully get some more mature stuff later down the line … all of it was Crystally galore so rather that than all turn to brown furry mush after all the efforts as it was dotted around inside most of the colas .. did as much surgery and processing on site as I could 

lay on bed now staring up at 4 full drying lines… also a number of paper bags full of Crystally leaf… the autos produced the best dry sift last year from the leaf 

bird in the hand and all that 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 5

Some times you just have to make those decisions. Guerrilla game in the UK can be a ballache when shit gets damp. 

• Like 5

large.F70C7110-413B-41BD-827A-01D05E1F6581.jpeglarge.8B436517-2A1A-4B2B-8C81-BA6CEC12E11A.jpeglarge.2AD62D0B-060A-4B07-88BE-1A34382673AB.jpeglarge.C64FC9F0-2BBB-4E33-BA22-30CC71B933D5.jpeglarge.391AB881-EB92-425B-8C4A-24BEF630CA93.jpeglarge.22A3655C-C95D-4948-B298-1FCCF77D5E27.jpeglarge.0320C262-847B-458D-A6B8-6C3DE07399EB.jpeglarge.C8C45975-26E8-42BB-8D14-ABFD7267CEF7.jpeg@Revive hi buddy

thought I should answer you here rather than have a convo in the breddas diary 

hehe I’m good pal 

jus been takin a bit of a break out of the Net & untangle out of the Web for a bit 

I was quite loud on here last year also … thought I’d chill a bit…

I’ve got a few out like 

Shame the weather robbed me of full maturity on my autos cause they were goin nice … I did leave a load of branches and a few of the more mould resistant phenos out there to hopefully get some more mature bits in 

but weather been poop again today mate so gonna have to get the waterproofs on and go check on the damage again tomo… I’m expecting more salvaging / chopping 

l took the buds off the lines today and spent a few hours snipping & stripping all the stalky bits off plus any mouldy bits I missed  … now I’m sweating the flowers in plastic bags, I’m opening, stirring the flower around a bit then closing the bags again regular trying to get to the optimum humidity I want left in the buds  … as last year I let the auto flowers to dry a bit much 

now I had to chop early, weather been terrible  …. Either that or brown fur for my efforts.. and I put way to much blood and sweat in to go out like that 

To be fair … there’s a nice aroma coming  from the buds hence I’m trying to keep that with the slow, sweating, end of drying technique 

the Amber Crystal massive would not be best pleased… but Erbman is happy with his lot considering… I weighed earlier .. was approx 10oz… there was one interesting purple Pheno Acid Kush that looked a bit earlier than the rest. That quite sweet and looked not far off… I don’t think the Cream Mandy were that far off but got hit worse with the rot … woulda liked to see the Acid Kush go all the way to the end… but alas even the early bud don’t seem to bad really … 

few older pics above ..  not been documenting so much .. so when I had to start the chopping rescue mission was about July 15th so had another 3 weeks of growth on em from when I took these pics 

hope ur well mate 

Salute 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 7

Sorry to hear about the rot bro but as you know its part and parcel for us outdoor folk..

Good to see you about and as long as your having fun and get some bud across the line its all good dude :)

Be lucky :yep:

• Like 2

@Revive

well we shall see how the weather pans out for Sept / Oct .. one can but hope 

;)

easy bud 

p.s buddy I bagged a pack of your Rene x GG… havnt got any out .. just put one in to germ at one point but didn’t pop.. I shall have a play with them at some point … been making a fair few crosses 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Erbman T said:

@Revive

well we shall see how the weather pans out for Sept / Oct .. one can but hope 

;)

easy bud 

p.s buddy I bagged a pack of your Rene x GG… havnt got any out .. just put one in to germ at one point but didn’t pop.. I shall have a play with them at some point … been making a fair few crosses 

Cool mate..I think some of the beans are a bit stubborn it would seem.. what I found is some take a bit longer than the norm to germ..hope youhave better luck next time brother.. what crosses have you made dude? are you sending anything in for subbies or did you make them to have a play with yourself?

You have deffo been busy behind the scenes :)

Be lucky T

• Like 1

@Revive no worries at all bud. I wasn’t moaning in any way. Like I say I only planted one bean kinda late amongst a load of other beans at the time .. I had beans from established breeders not come up to. It’s just how it goes… think there’s a fair few in the pack left mate …. I’d defo like to have a bash with it at a later stage.. the slippery Revive genes hehe 

erm ive been rather productive in ‘the lab’ I won’t name them all now but done about 3 separate rounds of breeding now; x2 rounds with successful reversals, with the second reversal producing considerable amounts more decent beans than the first and then the last reversal I did messed up so I used a  male Dart (auto by D’Shadow) I had hanging around instead that was dripping pollen already , bought through a site I bought some of Arnold’s stuff… so I used the male to pollinate a load of strains …. The last two runs have been done indoors but the first run was pollinating plants that were growing both indoor and outdoors…..

basically I’ve got nuff baggies of creations 

indeed I’ve wondered about sending stuff in… I scratch my head tho as I contemplate that maybe I shouldn’t send in stuff that’s not tested a bit just in case they wasted our outdoor buddies time by plants not performing well I.e triggering early enough etc … they defo wouldn’t be all proper tested like Slim does and stuff.. yunno im not got to stage selecting individuals etc, well not much anyway, well I have selected and continued a couple of v nice phenos as cuttings from the first ever reversal I did… namely Sour Orange  D x Malawi x NL x DFG & Trop P x Malawi x NL x DFG… these came out amazing 

I’ve not bothered to put the Sour D cross out … as I feel it would be better for indoors tho I’ve crossed it since with the Dart so that would prob bring it forward even more for triggering …. I have got a few cuts of the Trop P cross out … growing with some nice F1 Vigour indeed.. so will see.. got a fair few other crosses out here and there .. will see 

but yea . Long story short . I’d love to send some stuff in but not sure yet. Would be cool tho. Ideally I’d test stuff more … but will see

really I’d like to start working with the many Dart crosses I made .. pick a good one to S1… to get fem seeds of something early 

it’s all been fun and games tho… growing straight for bud and has always been fun as well as time consuming also requires labelling etc… but growing seed opens up another whole can of interesting worms..

i.e getting seeds out of bud and keeping varieties separate becomes a little tiresome but also satisfying and addictive same time 

as Mr Slim suggested. Working a line is the way to go to develop something properly … but I just can help myself pollinating multiple strains at once

i do hope to.send some tings in tho at some point tho dude 

Good vibes 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 4

large.DD83229F-0AE5-46EE-A88D-F9A43F865B3F.jpeglarge.C79DA013-2560-4D67-80B8-0ACEEA83CA80.jpeglarge.904C7163-72B7-4288-81D4-CA3376EC354A.jpeglarge.876FFCD2-8F64-49B5-B204-C9508330D250.jpeglarge.75FEFE86-1BCF-49AA-9E9F-1F6BAAC0F438.jpeglarge.74A14B05-19C7-4372-BD16-87EAC7A268DE.jpeglarge.193B4CD5-AAAF-49BA-80CA-4CE1B3551AE2.jpeglarge.F3AA1056-C33F-41EC-A1FB-788C110691F4.jpeglarge.D1DFD344-BB40-443C-8573-30B2BB44F2DA.jpeglarge.C535D58A-B0A1-43AD-A105-1183117B5EEC.jpeglarge.451C3770-EEE9-4654-AA46-46FEFD4F9A68.jpeglarge.0BD1A230-875B-452A-A9B2-8691DCBFB7A0.jpeglarge.B4627242-AD84-48B8-86F8-FC1BC5B00602.jpeglarge.A4F801BF-228A-492D-AE06-A33D06EE9633.jpeglarge.BBE0C4CD-31C6-4136-A6D9-FAD310D7470B.jpeglarge.9DF4992B-415D-4514-86B4-EC0D37DE2942.jpeglarge.39A30B76-88B9-4971-B093-4A6322F61896.jpeglarge.E6A8C063-6F5B-4301-8E98-DF1D966E5472.jpeglarge.D15A3E94-CB69-4C83-9070-F01EEE7D99C2.jpeglarge.C783C0A7-FFAD-4D31-93F7-59FAEDB54848.jpeglarge.C08FB1B8-02BA-4853-8CBA-3B2208C4A7CF.jpeglarge.98A76A58-AA33-438F-99EA-41B086E5FA56.jpeglarge.E0C712DC-004F-4069-BC98-99E1C303179F.jpeglarge.CCBF1AEF-B95E-4134-BB8A-E803E466B2B4.jpeglarge.B873D305-561D-44EE-9572-F5D725B92D65.jpeglarge.5F0450AD-BE00-423A-97A8-6630FD67A16A.jpeglarge.3E412ED3-5157-42A6-8BA0-BA00DCD25FF6.jpeglarge.F2648F72-60D0-4AE8-AC58-C6E651DF39A1.jpeglarge.8D3D2EE4-54E2-490B-8346-DF3054CC3528.jpeglarge.7B722085-E3DF-4A59-893B-456A3F43EC38.jpeglarge.7A80585B-7173-4378-A546-3AD3B2D97004.jpeglarge.3BF164C6-0A22-417F-8800-B6CD1BF89355.jpeglarge.AD1A0E48-2DDA-43E7-BDD1-D5436513A7F6.jpeglarge.834BD672-00F4-4E7B-8EDC-B28150DE6ABD.jpeglarge.397EE840-4397-4E30-947D-CE361C09B8E9.jpeglarge.15904150-9475-4B71-809F-C78F002863D8.jpeglarge.0D140DCA-C529-4A87-B37D-FF951CA3798F.jpeglarge.AC1F83A6-C780-4D52-8543-21E59BB7BBE3.jpeglarge.2F645EB0-B61C-4373-8FE0-13BD58D455F0.jpeglarge.049B3CEF-45FA-4C84-913B-A794C9F64ADA.jpeglarge.EEEA2F95-E525-4E73-8617-15E4D246D66B.jpeglarge.DBFDA000-719E-44A1-A701-AF29D543101B.jpeg
a few things from the first run … plus some 11 Roses 

The Sour D cross, stretches like mad even more than it did than it was just the straight Sour D … very Sativa

the Purple Freeze x UEL is from the open pollination I did last year … that’s what I failed to reverse … hard to keep cuts to cause it like to flower really quick … but I did pollinate it with the Dart. So be interesting to see what that’s like … will try a few of the dart crosses when I can .. takes up more room working with regs tho especially when your treading the line between experimenting and still wanting to produce flower… got some Purple Freeze x UEL cuts out … but I think they just flower straight away when you put them out as cuts .. need to try from seed 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 7

Just now, Erbman T said:

@Revive no worries at all bud. I wasn’t moaning in any way. Like I say I only planted one bean kinda late amongst a load of other beans at the time .. I had beans from established breeders not come up to. It’s just how it goes… think there’s a fair few in the pack left mate …. I’d defo like to have a bash with it at a later stage.. the slippery Revive genes hehe 

erm ive been rather productive in ‘the lab’ I won’t name them all now but done about 3 separate rounds of breeding now; x2 rounds with successful reversals, with the second reversal producing considerable amounts more decent beans than the first and then the last reversal I did messed up so I used a  male Dart (auto by D’Shadow) I had hanging around instead that was dripping pollen already , bought through a site I bought some of Arnold’s stuff… so I used the male to pollinate a load of strains …. The last two runs have been done indoors but the first run was pollinating plants that were growing both indoor and outdoors…..

basically I’ve got nuff baggies of creations 

indeed I’ve wondered about sending stuff in… I scratch my head tho as I contemplate that maybe I shouldn’t send in stuff that’s not tested a bit just in case they wasted our outdoor buddies time by plants not performing well I.e triggering early enough etc … they defo wouldn’t be all proper tested like Slim does and stuff.. yunno im not got to stage selecting individuals etc, well not much anyway, well I have selected and continued a couple of v nice phenos as cuttings from the first ever reversal I did… namely Sour Orange  D x Malawi x NL x DFG & Trop P x Malawi x NL x DFG… these came out amazing 

I’ve not bothered to put the Sour D cross out … as I feel it would be better for indoors tho I’ve crossed it since with the Dart so that would prob bring it forward even more for triggering …. I have got a few cuts of the Trop P cross out … growing with some nice F1 Vigour indeed.. so will see.. got a fair few other crosses out here and there .. will see 

but yea . Long story short . I’d love to send some stuff in but not sure yet. Would be cool tho. Ideally I’d test stuff more … but will see

really I’d like to start working with the many Dart crosses I made .. pick a good one to S1… to get fem seeds of something early 

it’s all been fun and games tho… growing straight for bud and has always been fun as well as time consuming also requires labelling etc… but growing seed opens up another whole can of interesting worms..

i.e getting seeds out of bud and keeping varieties separate becomes a little tiresome but also satisfying and addictive same time 

as Mr Slim suggested. Working a line is the way to go to develop something properly … but I just can help myself pollinating multiple strains at once

i do hope to.send some tings in tho at some point tho dude 

Good vibes 

You could always send bits in as untested freebies brother..lots of beans on that list are only germ tested with very few being grown out before getting sent in..its all a game of chance how the plants will turn out with diff phenotypes etc and diff growing environments but I appreciate what your saying.. your having fun doing your thing and thats first and foremost but its a nice feeling to share a bit of love with the community :)

Keep on keeping on :yep:

• Like 5