The Random Thread

whats_luring

Naturespy for their customer service, otherwise Amazon cheapies if you need many. :yep:

• Like 1

large.05CC935E-BB57-4012-8550-030E82D883

Plenty of these about at the minute, nearly stood on 2 this last week. Not seen an adder yet thankfully! 

• Like 8

As the weather for once is pretty good and i have nothing to do plant wise think i might do a little plot hunting this afternoon armed with a bottle of pop and camera.

Be great if i could find a regs plot for next season.

• Like 2

so I gave some seeds to a friend at 30°S latitude. Technically winter there but let’s see what happens.. 

large.IMG_1042.jpeg

• Like 3

On 11/05/2023 at 0:06 AM, Aphatspliff said:

large.05CC935E-BB57-4012-8550-030E82D883

Plenty of these about at the minute, nearly stood on 2 this last week. Not seen an adder yet thankfully! 

Really like snakes, I found dozens of these last year, looked for a hibernacula but couldn't find one. Met a guy this year who killed quite a few rattle snake last season around his plants. large.Screenshot_20230515_153218.jpglarge.Screenshot_20230515_153242.jpg

• Like 5

Seen some pretty weird things over the last decades outdoors. Snake only seen once, and never on a trail cam. 

large.IMG_1337.JPGgallery_74714_4856_250472.jpggallery_74714_4856_195232.jpggallery_74714_4856_8468.jpg

• Like 6

@B-real, nope totally alive. We were careful to relocate them, momma was probably near so the following visit they were gone. Thought it was a mole, friend thought it was a vole, much the same thing. Never knew what that little creature was in that pic. Possibly a baby Muntjac looking at the tail, but as I photographed it, it hopped like a bunny.. Hmmm..

• Like 3

No way that's pretty cool!

I seen a mole frantically Clambering over a concrete car park at a countryside kids play park it was totally being in the day light and it's arms where like a penguins with sharp ends .

Luckily we had a tea towel so I picked it up and took it to a hedge where I leg it go.

Was happy that day I helped it back into freedom and saved the day to the kids win win.

Wtf is the green electrical box? Is that a microphone.. for recording the bird song or something!?

@Aphatspliffno idea, looks like a mic but why? I’m guessing it’s a pollution monitoring box, maybe methane due to being a dumping ground. Looks like a well used box with all the numbers and sticker on it.. that baby muntjac that hopped like a rabbit when I originally thought it was a puppy was the strangest for me.. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Slippy One said:

that baby muntjac that hopped like a rabbit when I originally thought it was a puppy was the strangest for me.. 

Not a fox cub just put of the den ? 

• Like 1

@Clean Green, possibly, although too dark and fur was soft and velvety. Fox cubs are a bit scraggly from memory..