The Random Thread

whats_luring

Just now, polishninja said:

If I were you I would try the sugar black rose and also critical sour by female seeds. I have another friend that grows in Poland and Critical Sour has been his best performer since it was released. Real Gorilla seeds genetics also work well... I would give fast lemon cake a try too.

Have a good season :yinyang:

critical sour prob my best performer so far too!! hard as nails!! hopefully this year fast lemon cakes can clinch number 1 spot thou:smokin:

Edited by ghost gardener
  • Like 1

It's always this time of year that I feel the most anxious about the season ahead.

It felt safe visiting the plot in Winter, but now that it's Spring, there's more people out and about. The vegetation still hasn't grown much, anywhere: not at the plot, not the hedgerows, not the coppice land.. As I travel to the plot I start spotting people walking in distant fields or through a bare looking hedgerow as they walk one of the country lanes. The farm near my drop spot (a tiny country road in the middle of nowhere that only goes to a couple of farms) opens up its farm shop and the road goes from unused to busy.

Just the other day I was spotted by some people in the distance as I lugged 2 big bags of soil from the drop spot up a hill early in the morning. I dropped the bags at the top of the hill and as I walked back down to where I'd left 2 more bags of soil and my pack I could see they were now walking across the field they were in towards me and one of them seemed to be pointing. At that point they were about 5 fields away, a distance at which you wouldn't hear voices and it was hard to see them well. I grabbed my pack and left the 2 bags at the bottom of the hill, heading straight for the 2 bags at the top of the hill. From there I walked into the woods in the opposite direction of my plot, sat down and smoked a joint. Went back an hour later and they were nowhere to be seen, nothing had been touched. I was close enough to the bags at the top of the hill that I knew they hadn't been there to look around.

That area has no public footpaths, I think the people that spotted me were young people that live in a farm house that is about a mile as the crow flies from where I was. I've never seen anyone in those fields in the 4 years I've been using that plot.

Keep it secret, keep it safe! :unsure:

Atb guerillas

• Like 5

On 09/04/2023 at 8:00 PM, Tommy tucker said:

Welcome to UK420 @LV_Tipster

Thanks man, I've been here years ago with my first indoor grow, etc... Couldn' t remember password so ended up making a new profile. :D 

On 12/04/2023 at 1:20 PM, polishninja said:

If I were you I would try the sugar black rose and also critical sour by female seeds. I have another friend that grows in Poland and Critical Sour has been his best performer since it was released. Real Gorilla seeds genetics also work well... I would give fast lemon cake a try too.

Have a good season :yinyang:

Thanks man, I knew I'll find some good info here dude. One of my best mates is Polish. Currently I'm still in Manchester, but moving back home to Latvia in June, so got some time to educate myself a bit more with outdoor growing. 

Does he have a grow diary here so I could follow ? 

1 hour ago, LV_Tipster said:

Thanks man, I knew I'll find some good info here dude. One of my best mates is Polish. Currently I'm still in Manchester, but moving back home to Latvia in June, so got some time to educate myself a bit more with outdoor growing. 

Does he have a grow diary here so I could follow ? 

Don't think he has a diary but he often posts in the random guerilla photos thread. 

Guerilla growing is not rocket science. Finding a secure plot with good loamy soil helps but if you cant find a plot with good soil you can always transport your own soil. It's hard work but can be done.

After that just improve soil with organic nutrients and add protection against animals. There's a bit more to it but those are the basics. Good seeds are key too.

On 09/04/2023 at 1:35 PM, LV_Tipster said:

Hi Gentlemen, 

Just wondering do we have anyone growing outdoors somewhere in eastern europe ? Poland, Lithuania, Latvia ?

Hoping to hear some advice about it. 

Yes I have friends that grow in Poland. I need to send out more seeds to them soon. They do pretty good from auto's and fast versions but won't touch photoperiod strains.

13 hours ago, brock1 said:

Yes I have friends that grow in Poland. I need to send out more seeds to them soon. They do pretty good from auto's and fast versions but won't touch photoperiod strains.

Yes, I was reading that most common are auto's, they seems to be just straight forward not much attention needed. What seeds are they usually ordering ? 

• Like 1

Just now, LV_Tipster said:

Yes, I was reading that most common are auto's, they seems to be just straight forward not much attention needed. What seeds are they usually ordering ? 

I don't have any plans to order seeds for a while I have to much of my own work going on right now. My blackberry gum is becoming quite popular both in Poland and Denmark over the last few year I have seen lots of crosses made from it to older auto. My SHD x Guerilla Exodus was become popular to even though semi auto's don't quite finish over in Poland outdoor. Polish growers tend to favour the older auto's like diesel ryder because its been climatised by growers over their for years now. Hybrids from hell and high-rise seeds. Had some success over their with their faster stuff and auto also. Unluz from lala obviously does well and looks great. Infact a lot of the older Danish stuff that was popular here about 10yr ago still seem popular to grow in Poland. I wanted to a instant coffee auto (inbreed line from lowryder) breed in Poland crossed with a early wonder skunk photoperiod would actually hold its own against any of the modern fast version's available today. In comparison to the UK I see they get less PM but a shorted growing season then us making auto perfect. 

word to the ac infinity lights, eazy plug/ eazy cubes, and old seeds from 2015/17 that still sprouted! (RenexGG3) :guitar: 

anyone would think I was preparing for a grow but sadly these are for a buddy or 2. 

too old and too much of a police magnet these days lol 

large.IMG_0906.jpeglarge.IMG_0905.jpeg

• Like 9

14 hours ago, panik said:

Gorilla420 promo code for 20% off Realgorillaseeds stock today …

Happy 420 folks :hippy:

Respect :yinyang:

• Like 1

@panikeHey dude is that a one day limited offer? I don't get paid till Tuesday

:wallbash:

Also a question to everyone else, given the choice of 10L black felt fabric pots or good old 10L orange plastic pots which would be best? I would usually dig holes but I'm dealing with thick clay and a really high water table so pots are only my real option..

I like plastic pots but I also like the idea of roots being able to escape into the ground below with fabric pots. They are also much more stable being square but also worry they could dry out much much quicker and be more prone to colder temps then plastic

I'd go for plastic, they hold the moisture in better, if summers anything like last year you'll be glad for it. 

• Like 1