The Random Thread

whats_luring

Thursday plant out abandoned due to shit germ rates so far, had a couple more show in the last few hours, I was only looking at 2/10 yesterday so iv moved them to a slightly warmer spot on the good ol sky box for a potential morning escapade

My OGs took longer than all my other seeds to pop to, just ad the last starting to crack today but a day or two behind my AK, Leb27v2 and PM. getting there now so hopefully an outing next week to get them in the ground...

• Like 1

Random question,its probably second nature to some of you gents but i havent got a clue,how do I keep sheep out of my patch,the plot is situated in a gorse patch but anyone who knows hill farm sheep knows they will get into gorse patches if they think there are yummies in there,any methods you gents use would be gratefully appreciated?

Guest Deathrow558

where's the cheapest place doing tall chicken wire guys? looking at 1m high at least i think that's best

Close call today :smartass: Just nipped my head up above the bushes to check it was clear, human within 40 meters of me without a clue I was there with my shovel and greenhouse less than 100 meters away.

Fuck me, Chief Bean Killer speak now. Over the last seven days iv chucked 15 beans (total) on top of my sky box (in the tub with wet paper towel folded over it) an iv got 3 lil seedlings, two taps showing and basically a whole lot of fuck all else. they are all stored in a dry wood box I have and they are wrapped up in there, Iv only had them 6 weeksish? starting to grate a little bit. These last five have 24 hours, il put one more wave in and if that doesnt work there shall, of course, be the obligatory breeder e- mail implying ones feces are in dissaray. there all wrapped an baggy-ed in a cool dark dry place so i doubt its the storage.

Edited by Woodland Greenback

Dont feel alone there @@Woodland Greenback, started 26 seeds 3 came through-1 absolute runt one decent on 2nd leaf set, one in between,maybe old stock-email seedbank if I were you.Im having replacements but doesnt compensate for postage, time , let down etc

• Like 1

Fuck me, Chief Bean Killer speak now. Over the last seven days iv chucked 15 beans (total) on top of my sky box (in the tub with wet paper towel folded over it) an iv got 3 lil seedlings, two taps showing and basically a whole lot of fuck all else. they are all stored in a dry wood box I have and they are wrapped up in there, Iv only had them 6 weeksish? starting to grate a little bit. These last five have 24 hours, il put one more wave in and if that doesnt work there shall, of course, be the obligatory breeder e- mail implying ones feces are in dissaray. there all wrapped an baggy-ed in a cool dark dry place so i doubt its the storage.

Have the seeds cracked at all mate? I germinate my seeds in a damp paper towel in a snappy bag. I then put them in an old heated propergator. Most pop within 24 hours. I can see the tap root by holding the bag up to the light to reduce disturbing them.

I know some people may be a bit heavy handed to do it but any that haven't sprouted within a few days (I'm impatient and need everything to work to my time schedule) I very carefully squeeze them just enough until they crack. Back in the prop and tap root out in less than a day. Never lost one doing it even though it seems harsh and if you're going to just write them off it's worth a shot.

• Like 1