The Random Thread

whats_luring

22 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

Had helicopters come over low and slow on a few occasions, normally private or apache, at times the copper chopper, once we jumped into a shallow river, ran into a cutlvert, and waited it out as it hovered around the field, a few times they have flown over and took no notice whatsoever of the hi-viz strimmer below. large.Screenshot_20221227_210422.jpg

Had this as well walking back I was thinking they have gone right over my plot and I have another 2ish miles to the motor which in my head is next to two filth cars but everything was fine apart from all the shite off my boots everywhere ha ha. To old for them Rushes.peace Goohf.

• Like 2

Gunna have to start thinking about sourcing horse manure again soon .

Spent the last few hours thinking about next year's configuration and if I'm adding or decreasing holes plus water source / pump .

50 litre pop up water but with 12v water pump might have to be bought for convenience. 

9 hours ago, Exile420 said:

think the uk420 community needs an official outdoor grow competition. never came across one since been here.

Would be good tbh.

Different categories:- 

Best spot

Best structure 

Biggest yielder 

Most beautiful plant 

Tallest 

Widest 

Best runt 

Latest finish 

Etc......

• Like 3

Thank god Christmas and New year are done with. Time to get those boots on the ground and start looking for new plots :yinyang:

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

Thank god Christmas and New year are done with. Time to get those boots on the ground and start looking for new plots :yinyang:

Share your findings mate .

• Like 1

Went for a walk on the wildlife management area that I grew on last year and brought home the goods found a few more spots that looked promising 

• Like 4

large.F7DFBB1F-13D7-4A4E-AFD2-04A4AA49036A.jpeglarge.D8094A6E-EB14-4264-97C4-CFFC0F298BC5.jpeglarge.D5EE8C63-22CD-4618-BC73-F9D7D122F6F8.jpeglarge.AB03EEEA-E332-4431-BA3B-64C8175E12ED.jpeg

bit of Mighty Gold Bx1.

Grown a few last couple seasons. 

it’s a bit more ‘Highgrade’ than Green Gold but unfortunately not as early. Did suffer a bit with the rot season gone, and a bit towards the end of the previous season to, but didn’t have it in the most open of spots. Ran it indoor from clone numerous times and I found it pretty good, generous yeilds and strong growth, nice smell and flavour, hardly crazy Highgrade, a bit more old school than todays insane indoor strains.. have since let the clone go.. but I do have few beans left.. I’d grow a few again defo.. whereas I’ve got beans left of other things I wouldn’t even bother with … jus been having a dig through the bags so thought I’d chuck a few pics up 

Salute 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 3

large.47D9F671-6F71-47DE-B2EC-FB8C14B9EAA5.jpeglarge.59E23916-0D3C-4886-8B56-FF78A679ACCB.jpeglarge.772AF635-E2BB-472B-A48C-55370BDBCFF3.jpeglarge.AC510126-CFE3-421A-A066-15D3693B3AB5.jpeglarge.8C364497-CE01-4B3F-8AF2-01840669E541.jpeg

serious 7… now I’m not big on it to be honest, I prefer the Phenos I got from Serious 6… with the 7 just being an isolated Pheno of the Serious 6… apparently (you can read on their website)

now don’t get me wrong .. it grew good and forms very very dense rock hard Colas … good on the rot to

but for me I wouldn’t seek it out again.. though I’d grow S6 again, say just a couple of em, as they yeild good as does the 7… but I prefer the smell/Terps from the Serous 6… the pink hair S6 Pheno was also a very interesting plant, and much earlier than the other phenos… the pink haired one was real eye candy .. also one of my non pink Serous 6 displayed beautiful autumnal colours 

Serious 7… nah mate! Same way tho, if you did get some beans of it, it ain’t end of the world as it produces well which is about 3 million times better than when I tried growing ouside in the old days where you’d get F all for all you efforts 

so many to choose from these days innit 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 2

Anyone grown both Cream Mandarine Auto + Cream Mandarine XL auto ? 

reason is I’m very tempted. Mostly cause of a Senior member bangs on about the non XL version 

I read a thread in the Sweet Seeds section where it was mentioned the Cream Mandarine Fast Version was no where as near as good quality as the original auto 

but it’s the XL auto I’m interested to know about, particularly from someone who has grown both the standard auto and the XL so they can compare from direct experience 

id rather grow the standard auto if it’s much nicer terps and all that than the XL, but same way I’d def go for the XL version it produced the same quality as the standard auto but with greater yield

cheers  

Edited by Erbman T

6 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

FV's have Ruderalis genes in them, I think, so that could well dilute them.

Yes but was wondering about the XL Auto 

erm interesting .. 

for the FV it seems to be saying they used the best of their Cream Mandarine Auto line genetic to make it … you think they added Ruderalis on top ? I thought they would add a photo to the existing auto line seeing they were making an FV of an Auto not a FV of a Photo .. all interesting though 

we introduce the feminized and photoperiod-dependent version of our much appreciated Cream Mandarine Auto® (SWS29). To develop this strain, we selected our best Cream Mandarine Auto® genetic lines.

To eradicate the autoflowering characteristic of the original version and, at the same time, to strengthen the aroma traits, we hybridized these selected genetic lines with an elite clone of Diesel ancestors featuring tones of aromatic mandarin orange.

P. s it was @OldFord who I meant rated the Cream Mandy Auto … I was just mucking about with the ‘banging on’ about it bit … gotta say I’m interested… 

you still not run the XL Old Ford ?