The Random Thread

whats_luring

B real that ball of  hash looks lovely .

I bet it tokes well nice.

That film still makes me shiver when ever i see it.

Them fast skittles is doing well good for this time.

Not so fast like as it one of your last ones down.

So out of all the ones you have done Erb which one would ya say is your top one.

To say how tight the buds look it look like ya have little mould.

Just a tad in the tops.

Congrats on another nice looking harvest .

Edited by hashi

@hashi cheers. Now that’s a difficult one and I really wouldn’t want to pass final judgement until everything has had a good cure and been smoke tested properly … 

everything that got brought down got dated and bagged separate so is differences in quality even within strains .. due to time of harvest, how much Sun they was getting and whole heap of environmental factors .. not to mention phenotypes …

there’s definitely a few contenders … the best ? Now I wouldn’t like to say just yet

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1

Buds up top  look sound.

Congrats on this year gg.

Look forward to some dry bud shots

Thats true  ya have  to give them all a fair bit of time to test. Before you know which ones the best toke.

Which was the first down.

As ya did a fair few thats forsure got your own coffee shop menu their lol.

I was just wondering out of all of them  which one did the best against the dreaded mould.

Edited by hashi

@hashi hi mate I'm tryna hold of the hash a bit I have vaped some of the little bits that I kept separate from pressing for sprinkling in the vape.

And I kept having a look inside its oily as fuck left little chunks of hash tho so it's not 100% full melt.

I have pressed 10 grams into hash rosin and now got 6 grams rosin but waiting to get a dab vape for that stuff.

I been vaping the first small cookies plant some Pfreeze the first plant think fast been dry and curing for atleast a month I'd say maybe more.

Did try some zkittlez last nite ground up abit clumpy still .

Still to try zkitzo and sugar bomb punch.

Pfreeze finished 1st and produced some really nice and strong citrus terpy weed it never lost its smell and its maturing nicely.

Zkittlez was rapid in bloom shame I lost its tops to bot tho maybe in another 2 to 4 weeks I'm gunna get that zkitlles taste something was there just not pronounced just yet.

GDAWG has a earthy dominating smell high is nice and subduing. 

Think fast has a sickly orangy smell high is sativa leaning 

Lemon durban dew high was sativa fairly strong and tasty .

Purple durban not vaped yet but no real smell as of yet.

The big cookies is different in taste and looks to the smaller.

Dense fat nugs ground up release a cookie/durban aroma very satisfying nice that got 5 oz well manicured nugs all the rest went into bulking out the bubble hash.

large.5898EAF2-6BA8-4A92-8FA9-1373E2DEFE44.jpeg
I’ve spent the last week in Amsterdam for work. Great vibe here as usual, and I was able to get off for a couple of days too. If only they knew why I said yes to this job :wassnnme:

• Like 11

9 hours ago, Lea Valley said:

large.5898EAF2-6BA8-4A92-8FA9-1373E2DEFE44.jpeg
I’ve spent the last week in Amsterdam for work. Great vibe here as usual, and I was able to get off for a couple of days too. If only they knew why I said yes to this job :wassnnme:

I been in there there's a little loft searing area up above if I remember right .

I seen a nan in there like a albino with another dude he looked like a action hero from a Jean Claude film he was smoking white ice in bongs and really stuffing buds down the cone and struggling to pull them and coughing like fuck.

He offered me one I kindly declined.

Time on the clock stuck at 4.20 oddly ;)

Edited by B-real
I stayed at the flying pig Palace hostel behind to the left I think

• 4 weeks later...

I only smoke one var a day from my haul 

trying to figure out what’s what 

I’m getting an idea 

could prob write a book

a lot of them are good in different ways tbh... 

some earlier finishes, some more mould resistant, some stronger, some weaker, some with more terps and flavour, some with more visual appeal.... all kinds of factors 

will say now three favourites that are up there ...... 

Essex Gold - Best Terps from the whole bunch of photoperiods (including semi’s & fast versions) I grew. I’m more referring to the smell when I say Terps. Tho taste is ok too, Nice smell. Mould resistance was very good. It’s not the prettiest bud in the world really, quite high leaf to bud ratio. Some of the others I grew look way prettier but the Essex takes it for me cause the smell and mould res. Personally I like the hit too. Sure it’s advertised as a mellow smoke but I find it hits fairly strong to me... to be fair I may have left them out longer than others that I had out due to worrying less about them due to their mould resistance which might well have given that added maturity thus potency & Terps ... doubt it would be good for Northern Lats due to 1/2 to 3/4 thru Oct finish... yeah if and when I Gorrilla again Essex would be on my list... well done Flighty !

Tropicana Poison FV - wicked bitta bud I must say. Differing in that almost opposite to the Essex it’s Terps I.e smell is pretty faint but its visual appeal is high... fair few bits could pass for indoor. Frosty as a mo fo... again with the Essex mid to late Oct finish so prob not viable for the North Lat crew ... Mould resistance seemed pretty good. Not so much that it didn’t get mould just that it didn’t seem to spread that rapidly and stay more localised ... cause there’s so many variables in this game it’s kinda hard to know for sure but I think I’m right on that... I like the hit too. Fairly strong I’d say. It’s advertised as a high THC strain and seems to be so .... defo would be higher up on my list if and when Erbman were to strike again ..... Salute Sweet Seeds

Green Gold Bx1.... beast of a plant with beast growth and early flowering. Earlier than all my other photos, fasts & semi’s (just edited this bit in, nah Whitey Freeze was in fact the earliest… I almost forgot)... Think I harvested the first one mid sept and the other one a week later. beast yields!!... need to smoke more of it really... also it has decent Terps (smell) as it’s cured some, not so much translating to taste tho as I recall from testing so far ... as I said before Terp’s (smell) is something that’s v important to me. The more it cured the smell got better (standard) ... think it kicked my ass the other day in the pipe. Will need to revisit..... overall it’s an impressive genetic. I’d at least chuck a couple out in case October finishers fucked up... would be my choice sept finisher maybe along with Serious 6, tho was earlier than Serious 6, the yields are B I G... for me ya just can’t go wrong, growth is Vigorous with a capital V  ... I grew a fair few RGSC bits and overall their gear seems to trigger and finish the earliest so  prob a wise way to go for the more Northern Lat massive... looks fairly impressive the bud too. Certainly for outdoor... not insane frost or appeal like the Trop... but yeah... maybe I would try cook it a bit more next time.. Nice 1 for the beast genetic Mr Panik and Salute RGSC

right 

so many good ones tho.... Red Mandy, DFG... ah not forgetting Serious 6... at first thought it was a bit shit mostly cause it had no smell after drying  .. but as cured there’s some nice Terps developed.. The buds are chunky and full and visually impressive I’d say, in fact some of the most impressive looking buds to me...Terps (smell) don’t seem to translate to taste much... and yes S6 is a bit weaker than it looks me recon.. but damn Id chuck a couple out with the mould res and chunky production. Same with the DFG & Mandy ... ah what else? I have so many types... oh and a Gorrila Girl or two, looks v good and pokey but fuck all Terps.. coulda been down to my drying, so may tweak that from what I learnt ... man I love Royal Mazar and Mighty Gold but were a bit of a mould trap... maybe more due to planting location.. you see there are so many variables. I do think Mighty Gold is worth more goes, the cuts I put out of it at one spot did very good.... I’d grow most vars I grew again but them top ones and prob a few S6’s & Red Mandy’s be up on that list... strangely my Green Poison Fv’s that looked and smelt incredibly inviting whilst growing, and I grew quite a few lost most of their Terps and is one of my least favourites, the smoke smell smelt good tho when I smelt burning in me pals joint, just the bud itself fuck all smell and thought it tasted a bit dry and flat. I dunno... are some Terps more volatile/fragile?., maybe? Maybe it was my drying ... but Essex got the same drying treatment and the smells remain and smells lush.... ahh I forgot Purple Freeze Bx1. I really like the bud from the phenos that were the proper Purple stylee, wicked candy Terps and strong smoke, seemed quite mould resistant, but didn’t like the other pheno tho... not purple, grows chunky and big yield but no (or very little) smell or flavour and likes a good ol’ Mould, this is what I experienced anyway. Hard to know for sure without growing larger populations of one strain, but my thinking is I’d want to isolate the Purple Pheno to put it out as cuttings if I were to grow it again... I think it would be worth it tho for the good pheno.... right ... of course there are so many variables in generics and environmentals that my reports are far from absolute. Folks may have different results... DFG got some nice Terps and hits fairly strong to plus a bit of mould res plus that one freaky super crystally pheno I had which I wish I took I cut of... ah yes the Fast Zkits... as you know..late!.... but one pheno stinks particularly lovely, only the one from 5 plants ... still not sampled it or the other phenos enough to have tested it proper but from what I remember the Terps also was translating into a very very nice taste/flavour with that stinky pheno.... on the taste front, best I tasted from the season so far remains the RGSC GSC Auto... some folks on here I observed had some damn scary looking phenotypes with it tbh, and I noticed variing phenos myself but luckily no beanpoles,  it was a rot trap to.. but I’d sure be tempted to run a few of em again along with the confirmed all round performer Acid Kush, just to get a bit of that super tasty and v strong bud again.. oh yeah the Autos seemed to surpass all photos, semi’s & fasts as far as quality. I mean they did finish in the roasting drought Sun rayzzz so must have been good for the flowering.... but of course less on em innit... 

Right ....

I shall continue with the testing ... jus smoking one var a day ... 

i might well add some more dry pics at a later date...

here are few Essex bits I took photos of a while ago...

prob selected better looking bits for photo as as I said it ain’t the prettiest looking  bud  in the world but saying that I’m defo an Essex G fan 100%... I was and am impressed... 

just a general report ok .... 

Salute 

Erbman

large.B1CCFBDA-6995-4113-803D-9EF925EFA4A4.jpeglarge.99718B88-A12E-4CD4-B905-A7D90524DC56.jpeglarge.6AAC61E2-5C01-4010-9F68-2FBF86ABE69B.jpeglarge.567B23B4-E48E-46A3-99C0-6A52C66D9A9F.jpeglarge.472901DF-D0CA-4941-B4F6-385068AB05FE.jpeglarge.18DCFC1C-D2E8-4485-84D4-C56E61EA07F7.jpeg

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 13

Nice work @Erbman T

Had my eye on that Tropicana poison all year, yourself and another grower on insta got some impressive results this year. He actually got a bud tested and it came back at 18%, which might not sound that great to a lot of people with these over inflated Cali 30 percenters you see all the time now but it’s actually pretty impressive. I see a vid on YouTube of some guy going round testing peoples bud on the streets and lot of it (obviously indoor) was coming out at between 18-20. I got myself a couple packs for next year and 6 or 7 other sweet seeds strains to try out as well. Starting to forget what I’ve got now, serious amount of strains to get through next year lol 

• Like 9

Aphat all good mate .. yeah the Trops seem good mate. Now to throw a slight curveball in the mix … all the Trop P’s I grew were from cutting, x2 phenos only slight differences… but whether being cuts made em trigger earlier is yet to be seen .. 

Should be ok tho me recons.. I too saw someone else run it and rate it outdoors first, was the fella WelshTommy420 on YT (big up if you see this mate!)… yeah so I tried it indoors first and didn’t like it that much nearly ditched running it outdoors .. tho threw a few cuts out and they turned beastly and were pretty much up there with my best !  Funny how it works innit., same with Red Mandy, didn’t rate it much when grew indoors but performed well and seemed better than when I ran it indoors when I ran it out (they woz put out as cuts to to be fair, again x2 diff phenos, x1 more purple/red than the other)….

So will see how they run from beans next time potentially … couldn’t resist but bag another pack of each in case the Erbman decides to let loose again …

yeah that Drew guy on YT with the testing I seen that 

hope it goes well bud.. you lucky to still have the MWF cut if I’m right .. woulda liked to have tried that.. I’m still hanging on to my Malawi x NL x DFG cut from 2021, been doin some breeding with it too be fair, could be interesting to.. tho likely to throw out auto phenos from what I’ve learnt about S1’ing fasts/Semi’s…. Fun tho aye… some interesting crosses and still got the cut.. is a goodun 

ramble ramble 

ain’t read anything on here since I chopped the Fast Zkit in Nov… avin a break and smoking me erb

still have to analyse @Revive’s results yet, sure everyone was watching like a hawk by the end to see what his favourite(s) was/is… Seemed the Super Skunk seedstockers was gaining attention from folks, me included … I always use to drool at the description and photos of the original Sensi Seeds version in their catalogue, pre internet days … I tried to look… seems it’s a similar cross they’ve used to make it 

which leads me to 

hey @Revive are you better now bud? Hope so mate, you woz well rough last time I was reading ur tings .. I’m gonna have a proper read of everything I missed in ur diary eventually 

Good vibes to all the Goodun’s

Over & Out

Erb

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, Erbman T said:

hey @Revive are you better now

Yes yes Mr T

Feeling much better than was dude, not perfect but up about and eating but still some pains in the rib area when I breath deeply, haven't been back to work still but getting much stronger as time has gone on.. thanks for asking brother :yep:

Cool man when you get a chance have a whizz through the end of the diary, plenty of dry bud shots of the seasons offerings to be seen..

Favs hmm that's a tough 1 man as I've not really got my full senses back with smells and tastes since covid back in early June.. the super skunk was a wild card but she did really well tbh..some old school flavours lurking in the background super sticky and a lil bit spicy and sweet.. some of my favs are MWF second season with her and she never disappoint Ren Gold ( ren x gg3) 

The pink pheno royal mazar is nice, not much mazar comming through but much nicer than the bland white pheno..exo gold 1pheno is really nice the other isn't for my palette, seedstockers fast cookies is really nice as is theG41 and the super skunk so all of theres are worth a re run..not really tucked into any of the others to much but have had a dabble and nothing jumped out before the cure so will go back and revisit the rest at some point..

Missing it all already mate nothing to play with but a lil mum tent and a very cold lock up.. temps are really hard to maintain in this weather we are having..much rather be playing in the mud at 1 with nature, few months the kit will be back on and new ventures will begin..

Hope your well buddy, kicking back and getting baked no doubt.. enjoy :skin_up:

and be lucky :yinyang:

• Like 5

@Revive cool buddy 

glad to hear your somewhat better… I did wonder…sounded like you were contemplating vaping and such instead of smoking last time I read because of it… as me said before, hope U make a full recovery bruv

yes yes havnt given up on Royal Mazar .. still got some beans of it.. when I grew it indoors it was nice, kept a cut of it going for a fair few mini indoor crops and then let the cut go outdoors this last season due to space … it was the pink Pheno but rotted out mostly … but was a particularly rotty damp spot… good to hear what you experienced with the white vs pink Pheno …. I did run another x2 from seed outdoors season gone but mixed them up with x2 DFG and couldn’t be sure what was what … but the R Mazar blew my mind in 2021 when I ran it cause wasn’t use to things actually flowering outdoors early enough to get something off…. Since then I learnt there’s loads of genetics these days that work in UK… pretty much down to all the good folks on here plus discovering RGSC… 

as usual bit of a rant 

yes I had to stick a small tube heater in my cuts /seedlings tent …

Big UP dude .. You certainly inspired me a bit for sure with the LST method , great for making my stealth bushes whereas before for decades I was a topper … now I hardly top even indoors … and of course I have the Loupe now lol 

right mucker

i shall examine ya diary sooner or later 

Good vibes 

Erb

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 4

large.5A6C3C57-4C46-46C9-BEEE-1272DFB1D7BC.jpeglarge.FC5AFB9C-FDAB-468F-9387-2D39F88B56C2.jpeglarge.FB8BC994-EB0A-4084-B2EE-19492527C956.jpeglarge.FAB3C689-BE97-4BA1-9A8E-D5BC1BC05C71.jpeglarge.7F572DFB-E0F0-4DD1-825B-8AA03468A6F4.jpeglarge.649004AB-12E1-4928-BC47-3AA55B2369F3.jpeglarge.56F2AD62-08CC-4136-B55F-081A5BF50B65.jpeglarge.388D5EA0-2ECE-4ACB-9C0E-882A223ACE2E.jpeglarge.1E3C19BF-52F4-4660-B9C2-558DA3028560.jpeglarge.195807AC-D6B0-4E88-8D08-75E018CB1FF3.jpeglarge.120DD641-7181-452A-8D72-6D08CEF7CDCE.jpeg(Wrote this bit lastnight and tried to post it at about 3:30am, thoughtt I’d lost the whole lot cause turned out site was refreshing and all my text disappeared, jus noticed it’s here now somehow.so …)

Couldn’t resists Mr Revive.. had to have a peek at ur dry shots lastnight , some tasty looking bits … 

The seedstockers fast cookies definitely looks appealing… I remember you harvested one fairly early on and it looked frosty like mad ..it auto’d didn’t it? 

The two Exo Gold I did were slightly different phenos. One came out better than the other, Lemony I’d say … took one earlier than the other, the earlier one was actually nicer than the later one but in hindsight I think I shoulda cooked em both a bit more, the Loupe was ordered but took forever to arrive and never reached til near the end of harvest so didn’t get to use it much.. I harvested the Exo (have got exact date written down at home but I’m not at home now) very beginning of oct… the pistels looked done to me on both of em but yeah judging by the smoke coulda done with more cooking I think, the Loupe coulda helped me to judge that probably  .. pretty much the densest nugs of the lot from tho the Exo , really solid tight nugs you could club someone to death with…. But nah a little premature I think.. wasn’t easy to access that site and mould was starting all over the place by then and still had shit loads of harvesting ahead of me spread around quite a few different sites.. panicked a bit i recon and was starting to feel sketchy around where they were so took em a little early probably… so maybe the Exo is worth revisiting.. does have those Green Gold genetics in it for the beastly growth, but they weren’t quite as vigorous as the Green Golds and we’re around 2 weeks later to trigger…. Still got beans of it kicking about … in the end of the day so many strains and only so many you can run in one session, but I certainly did run a fair sized cross section of strains .. 

Red Mandy turned out pretty strong to me, being a pipe smoker, most of it clobbers me to be fair, with weaker stuff usual just taking an extra bowl to do me in… , I ran a few Mandy cuts around the place at different spots, it’s earlier than the Trop poison to finish by a few weeks … does have Terps goin on to. Not mega stinking, but it’s there and it’s kind of sharp to the nasal passage with a good sniff in a bag of it… it’s present. Some late lowers I left on one pretty much turned from the red purple colour to a dark black  … ain’t got round to try those bits yet…

spent weeks dry sifting all my trim … then more weeks washing it all for RSO after the sift… still ain’t finished the whole process yet, got to evap off the alcohol yet, but was a relief to get all the trim processed and waste plant material dashed away in the bushes far away from me and my stash as was making me sweat with it about adding on kilos of weight on top of the monster haul of bud.. was sweating imagining old bill sticking it all on their scales and calling the trim millions of pounds worth street value of ‘skunk’.. when it’s just a huge sack of shite really that you can process a small weight of useful material out of …

the best dry sift was off the autos… the Acid Kush and Gorrilla Auto

had loads of trichome laden trim leaf

anyway getting sucked in to this site again now after making one post lol… I did mean to do a write up eventually tho.. but not all in one go..

the cure is still ongoing really 

jus took a few Trop P dry photos for you lovelies … thing with my photos ya see… ya can’t really zoom into them cause I screen shot em from the originals so they become small enough so the site will let me upload them.. ways and means ya see.. hopefully give you lot an idea tho… ah fook it . They posted at the top of the text., can’t be assed to drag them down to the bottom … right .. will try take some Green Gold pics next when I get round to it 

Salute

Erb T

(The Werewolf of the Random thread)

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 5