The Random Thread

whats_luring

@Erbman T I think I might take the day off. Rain all day, none forecasted tomorrow. 

Do you tie the cains or just position them in a way that it’ll support the plants?

@AnonyMice haha no days off round ere bud lol

I use electrical tape to secure the main stem to it .. gives it some flex and not too sharp like a cable tie say that could potentially cut into the stalk/stem… then I been attaching more electrical tape as they get bigger plus I use that same cane to start LST 

tho i

put a shorter cane of about a metre long in most holes, inside my slug collars before I even planted the seedlings in… so the roots would grow around the cane to kind of make a re-enforced ‘thicker’ main stem that’s rooted in 

but taller plants later on I’ve then added additional canes,since about a month ago and recent weeks , taller cains which reach up to their top buds… these I dig in the ground around the plant, (trying to avoid pushing into any root systems) I tend to cable tie these to my cages as well as pushing into the ground to give extra support 

I know all too well about the rough winds 

had main stems splitting last year … and goes to panic stations and running about … I’ve tried to act before that, this year 

yes electrical tape is the winner in so many ways !!

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1

@Erbman THaha I’m seeing the sun coming out and thinking maybe I should go and shake the rain off em. Be grand no rain forecasted tomorrow lol 

thanks for explaining how you do it mate. I’ve been using chicken wire & torn plastic bags as I wasn’t prepared for supporting them at all. Was a windy day and I couldn’t leave them in the shape they were in. It’s held up so far but bit risky. I’ll be so much better prepared next year, knowing the challenges I’ve had to face this year. Appreciate the advice a long the way bro. 

Edited by AnonyMice
  • Like 1

@AnonyMice your doing great mate … even tho I say ‘Don’t have days off round ere’ is only because I created so many spots this year that I can check one somewhere everyday and not get tempted to go to the same spot too regular .. I.e the balance between giving extra care at a spot and potentially compromising it by being seen visiting a spot too much 

as far as main stems splitting , that happened more cause I ‘topped’ plants last year and there’s a risk of spitting at the joint where it’s topped … but I don’t think you did any topping on yours so you should have less risk 

tho even if not topped, side batches can break from the extra weight from rain water coupled with wind when buds are getting heavier  … tends to happen more with taller/lanky plants … so some on my taller ones with lanky side branches I’ve tried to secure to the main stems with electric tape or cable ties or both .. some I even might add another shot cane to support a branch if it looks like it could snap 

but you can be inventive .. getting canes to a site can look a bit bate .. did mine mostly in the night … but others like you might see Murphy Blue doing will cut branches off trees etc to make canes .. so then you only need a little saw with you. I got a little hack saw that fits in my backpack but I don’t always take it out.. I was jus using it to shorten canes .. but yeah you could make supports potentially out of what’s there … being a bit of a hippie (closest term) I don’t like cutting trees etc but I will do if necessary 

jus some thoughts

I.e If ya look dodgy carrying canes .. there are potentially other ways … sounds like your improvising already mate so your on it 

right gotta go do sum missions 

jus remember 

‘don’t Panic!!!!!!!’ lol  

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1

Went to check at what was auto plot #2… now the open pollination site 

most things rotting… culled the UEL males last visit .. all the UEL fems have rot all over them .. may produce a few seeds yet… but don’t care too much about them anyway as could buy more UEL regs if I wanted … I guess they are rotting out due to usually they would have flowered and been down by now if they had had an earlier plant out… don’t think they ‘designed’ to run into October 

what’s more interesting is the Purple Freeze Bx1 (looks like the Pheno I like), the very small Malawi x NL x DFG cutting and the Gorrila Dawg (white Pheno, the one I think looks to be the better Pheno so far)

the Purple Freeze had some rot I picked out but can see seeds are forming so race against the mould (weather is shit now!!!)… could be interesting …

the Malawi is super small but did look like a few sacks are swelling so you never know.. that would be an interesting cross as love the Malawi 

oh and the Gorilla Dawg looks very promising !! (Phone ran out of bat before I could decent pics of it) … there’s NO mouldy buds only picked off a few mouldy leafs … if that worked Gorilla Dawg x UEL I’d like to see … might make the Dawg earlier large.B606FD2F-56B7-4F0B-83A5-9D366838C5CD.jpeglarge.55C2158A-43CD-45A3-ACF5-F7A8B28DB9AB.jpeg

it’s proper minging down there…a proper mould trap so if seeds worked on a plant with good mould resistance it could be v interesting to grow those 

while picking out rot mostly from the UEL fems I could see immature Seeds.. if I could get a few more weeks… then who knows 

shame didn’t get more pics of the Dawg 

ok gotta go chop down some DFG now.. if it’s not rotten away ..

large.28CABDAF-924E-438C-A060-C360D013E41B.jpeglarge.209A1BF6-9980-412E-B795-64C80B876175.jpeglarge.67B36C23-E5C2-4B65-8253-B65429CAB5F8.jpeglarge.719FA078-0E21-4B39-B07C-F822568B1D16.jpeglarge.6509F3DA-81D6-49FA-8CF8-B41447BA37C3.jpeglarge.15BC00ED-2CEC-48D3-9E58-B79AFC249403.jpeglarge.7D9BA03A-4240-417B-ADC4-96900F21FFC8.jpeglarge.8760CFB5-49A8-4F01-9639-ABCB8AB8E47E.jpeglarge.939708A9-8A77-4B7C-B996-D24949E5CA2D.jpeglarge.5550661B-D2EC-4A22-96DF-B3E690A0554B.jpeglarge.B70B59F5-AA47-46CF-AD91-D1EF072E7845.jpeglarge.CEBFE229-E9B3-4BAD-BF86-CC064C0F0E4A.jpeglarge.CC13ED72-CCCC-47DD-B533-BAF5B4E1FAC8.jpeglarge.D88B51FA-B920-4A9E-A680-7A72039BADDC.jpeglarge.CE2BB578-002A-438B-BAD9-1AE6349B1A8E.jpeglarge.F33A75FD-834C-4F80-8561-9EFCD685C27E.jpeglarge.FBF47624-85A2-48F1-8C02-1150E9B211C4.jpeglarge.FF3F90D6-027F-43DB-BF88-660347410915.jpeg

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 7

@Erbman T  I have topped a few but not most. The biggest one that took a battering is topped. Next time I’ll just be LSTing them like mad. I’ve been using snapped branches as canes myself. Leaving the visit until tomorrow. Path’s are more noticeable this time of year so can’t be going every day, as you say don’t want anyone wondering why the same bloke is swimming through nettles.

about looking dodgy, I carried a digging spade by bike.. walked with 12 rolls of chicken wire at the beginning. Thankfully got away with that but I made no effort to be discreet. At the time I was above the law so to speak. I didn’t feel dodgy carrying things that weren’t illegal when I didn’t have any plants. Deffo a different story now

• Like 1

really wishing i'd been more careful with the pollen lol

i have about 3 ounces of seeded haze lol on the plus side is smells lovely so should be a good mix with the smile

e2a, sorry, wrong thread :russian:

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 8

large.F7D89CBA-EC05-4574-8882-3BC94B226B59.jpeg

always a race against the sun going down now…. Got em down tho… bit of a shoddy trim bur the rot was staring all over so still best result I could hope for 

now to scurry out of this bush 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AnonyMice said:

I have topped a few

Think you’ve picked up already but if you tape around below the joint of where it splits into two branches from the topping pint , then it reduces or pretty much stops the chance of the stem splitting down the middle in the wind ….

I had it split the main stem from the middle, vertically downwards  from the topping joint while I was doing some maintenance and putting canes in after heavy winds last year … I taped it back together and the plant carried on.. was a DFG, but it woulda effected the plant no doubt .. stunt the growth somewhat 

easy buddy 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1

@Erbman T will keep that in mind mate thanks. I need to start writing stuff down to remember for next year. 

There are libs growing in field where my water source is lol 

• Like 2

@AnonyMiceYeah I’ve been buzzing .. got a load of work to do but ain’t that long left 

libs nice… full moon Sunday.. May have to medicate again 

the energy is Good tonight … dunno why… had a pipe of some earlier DFG I harvested..made me feel nice … smoked Green Poison last night also very nice 

can tell your buzzing too

Enjoy 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Erbman T said:

large.67B36C23-E5C2-4B65-8253-B65429CAB5F8.jpeg

Edited 3 hours ago by Erbman T

think this may actually be Green Poison, not UEL… will

Check the tag again next time I’m down there 

• Like 1