The Random Thread

whats_luring

19 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

am doing a pre season restoring the ground. think its gone a little shitty now.. so ill be very busy over the winter. maybe even 10x 400ltr pots.. who knows 

Will be doing the same mate i reckon the whole bed is just one huge rootball going on last season.

I only turned it all over and added some ferts this season so needs a complete rebuild ready for next season plus i got that huge pot to sort out.

Anybody know where i can get worms in bulk to try and break them roots down???

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

Will be doing the same mate i reckon the whole bed is just one huge rootball going on last season.

I only turned it all over and added some ferts this season so needs a complete rebuild ready for next season plus i got that huge pot to sort out.

Willyworms is your place to order from.

High high quality worm castings too

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

Got loads to cover and a new potential plot for us :cowboy:

Yeah we done the same thing lol wasn't enough this year so more effort is needed to achieve what I want :hippy:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

I always leave my rootballs in the ground mate.. by the time next season comes most of it has decomposed so its never a drama imo 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Revive said:

I always leave my rootballs in the ground mate.. by the time next season comes most of it has decomposed so its never a drama imo 

Get what ur saying mate but when i turned it over at beginning of season it was all roots.

Although i am lucky in that i get very few slug or snail attacks and no mammals to worry about either but there's no or very little worms to break it down.

Plan is turn it all over end of season and try and take some roots out add a load of worms and horse shit some seaweed if my mate gets his arse in gear as well as a couple more bags of compo and it should be spot on when its time for plant out next season.

In other words i want to create a living soil bed outdoors i got a good spot except for the lack of dirt and worms which i want to remedy before next season.

There's plenty of clover grows down this way can easily pick some flower heads and add them plus i got some comfrey seeds somewhere and a load of grass cuttings from the garden to add.

Also got my mate on the hunt for new plots for next season i found one new plot and one possible so far but as he has a van we could go further afield.

Would love to get a shed load out next season but i think unless there's a good water source nearby going to be hard work.

Talking of which my water source has renewed itself so gave the bed 20l of intense organix feed grow/bloom and 100l of water this morning.

Another thing i need to sort out is water all my plants suffered this year cos i couldn't get enough to them so was thinking of a collapsible barrel a timer and some soaker hose sort of set up.

Anyways i is rambling and not done the update in diary yet.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, murphyblue said:

Get what ur saying mate but when i turned it over at beginning of season it was all roots.

Although i am lucky in that i get very few slug or snail attacks and no mammals to worry about either but there's no or very little worms to break it down.

Plan is turn it all over end of season and try and take some roots out add a load of worms and horse shit some seaweed if my mate gets his arse in gear as well as a couple more bags of compo and it should be spot on when its time for plant out next season.

In other words i want to create a living soil bed outdoors i got a good spot except for the lack of dirt and worms which i want to remedy before next season.

There's plenty of clover grows down this way can easily pick some flower heads and add them plus i got some comfrey seeds somewhere and a load of grass cuttings from the garden to add.

Also got my mate on the hunt for new plots for next season i found one new plot and one possible so far but as he has a van we could go further afield.

Would love to get a shed load out next season but i think unless there's a good water source nearby going to be hard work.

Talking of which my water source has renewed itself so gave the bed 20l of intense organix feed grow/bloom and 100l of water this morning.

Another thing i need to sort out is water all my plants suffered this year cos i couldn't get enough to them so was thinking of a collapsible barrel a timer and some soaker hose sort of set up.

Anyways i is rambling and not done the update in diary yet.

Sounds like a plan buddy.. yeah the water source is important for sure if we are to get the best of them.. my 2 other plots have suffered..even though they have had a few waterings the ground being so dry just wicks any access away.  There's some decent collapsible barrels that can be sourced but we still need the rain to fill them..in all honesty I think its easier just to find new plots with a water source close. We have so many things to overcome already Murphyblue so keeping everything else as simple as it

Can be seems the way to go..

You are very lucky with that bed tbh no fuking wildlife to deal with and more importantly zero fuking slugs.. thats a dream for me bro..

As I say most of my root balls are gone come the following year, I pull the stump that still had a few roots attached but thats about it.. I use lots of stuff in my mix from the forest its full of microbial activity so the fungus microbs probably help alot with decomposition of dead  plant matter..

Need a new plot myself I think so i can drop the other 2 and just keep my main knotweed plot for fems and another new 1 for regs and a bit of breeding.. hard to find round these parts and tbf im not into travelling miles to find them cause it just makes maintaining them much more hard work..

We just keep trying bud and as long as we can get enough across the line to last us till the following season its a winner :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 6

19 hours ago, Revive said:

Sounds like a plan buddy.. yeah the water source is important for sure if we are to get the best of them.. my 2 other plots have suffered..even though they have had a few waterings the ground being so dry just wicks any access away.  There's some decent collapsible barrels that can be sourced but we still need the rain to fill them..in all honesty I think its easier just to find new plots with a water source close. We have so many things to overcome already Murphyblue so keeping everything else as simple as it

Can be seems the way to go..

You are very lucky with that bed tbh no fuking wildlife to deal with and more importantly zero fuking slugs.. thats a dream for me bro..

As I say most of my root balls are gone come the following year, I pull the stump that still had a few roots attached but thats about it.. I use lots of stuff in my mix from the forest its full of microbial activity so the fungus microbs probably help alot with decomposition of dead  plant matter..

Need a new plot myself I think so i can drop the other 2 and just keep my main knotweed plot for fems and another new 1 for regs and a bit of breeding.. hard to find round these parts and tbf im not into travelling miles to find them cause it just makes maintaining them much more hard work..

We just keep trying bud and as long as we can get enough across the line to last us till the following season its a winner :yep:

Couldn't agree more. Back in my early growing years, I used to take water up by hand in bottles. Even though i wasnt doing many at all back then, just watering the few I had was a ball ache! And as above, in a drought, pouring 2 liters at the base of a plant is about as effective watering them with the tears running down your cheeks as you watch your girls wilt away. Basically pointless.. If you want to grow anything over 5, and just generally, if you want to grow big plants then having a water source nearby is essential ime. If you can pour 10-20 liters on each plant in a drought. It turns drought from a problem into a blessing. None stop sun and as much water as they can drink = big fookin girls. The best is water that has vegetation rotting down in it. That shits like the best fertiliser in veg. Loads of nitrogen and very healthy plants ime. Heres the water near my site. And some beautiful healthy girls. Not a deficiency in site. Peacelarge.reduced_Screenshot_20200623-003913_02908.jpglarge.reduced_Screenshot_20200703-210324_75477.jpglarge.reduced_Screenshot_20200710-160829_90583.jpglarge.reduced_Screenshot_20200718-011540_92650.jpglarge.reduced_Screenshot_20200726-225739_54627.jpglarge.reduced_Screenshot_20200809-104237_58707.jpglarge.reduced_Screenshot_20200816-211942_25263.jpglarge.reduced_Screenshot_20200831-012116_99790.jpg

• Like 11

@ocb my water source is an old brook to mate.. its pretty full of all kinds of rotting plants and dead trees but never really thought about that aspect of it.. the girls love it including the added rat piss.. fuking long tails everywhere in this brook :yep:

Loving the pics mate,are they this season?

• Like 2

@Revive nah the pics are from a couple years ago. My girls have been neglected this year tbh. Been really busy the last few months.. Yeah its handy having the water 30 meters from the plot! Wading through the water is the only way in and out of the plot too. Trialed a different site this yr due to some building work near by. But now I've seen the layout of the building site, I'm confident I can use it again next year.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ocb said:

@Revive nah the pics are from a couple years ago. My girls have been neglected this year tbh. Been really busy the last few months.. Yeah its handy having the water 30 meters from the plot! Wading through the water is the only way in and out of the plot too. Trialed a different site this yr due to some building work near by. But now I've seen the layout of the building site, I'm confident I can use it again next year.

Same again for me, no wellies no visit..an ache sometimes if you want to make a random visit as I don't tend to walk about in them, that fetish has passed lol

Sorry to hear you havent managed to have a decent season.. as you know to get it right and increase our chances of a win we need to invest some time in these girls..  just come back with a bang next year mate :yep:

Look forward to it :yinyang:

• Like 2

Last season my water source was great during the hot spell i was back and fore watering every other day and plenty of it.

But this season there's been no water almost all year. :wallbash:

Plans to try and fix it a bit in that going to make it deeper and a bit of a dam plus can use the mud i dig out on the bed

The barrel/timer/soaker hose though is a good idea and would save loads of work and anything that makes things easier at my age is more than welcome. lol

• Like 2

Been a little while since I last had an update, plants a doing well still a bit dry up on the hill but the rains will soon come again hopefully.

large.129CA300-A7F0-4EEE-A829-14B06B3C2609.jpeg

sorry for the shit quality but the sites givin me issues so it’s the best I can cobble together, as you can see it looks like a desert.

I defoliated the plants recently and decided it would be a waste to just toss all the leaves so I had a go at something different. I used a nettle soup recipe but substituted the nettles for leaves like so...

large.422F853F-5B3A-4515-9251-01B717B9CA87.jpeg

1 onion chopped up and cooked till clear in some butter, then about 0.5L of veg stock (oxo) with a chopped up spud, simmered for 10-15 mins.

large.98749E72-8B51-4A0E-B2E9-977846512CBE.jpeglarge.C0027628-28EA-47F2-8C20-0709E30C0595.jpeglarge.3D40CAF5-63ED-4469-9CA5-9777DC79BC9B.jpeg

I ended up using a couple of lower nodes I had stripped as well as some smaller leaves on the left, probably a large handful total, I didn’t end up using the larger fan leaves on the right as they were quite old and leathery. I simmered these for 4 mins max to keep the colour and freshness.

large.78445B47-29B7-4ED3-B19D-6D2F353A821C.jpeglarge.4AD4C615-C5B1-4B38-BCB9-E60BEB56ABA3.jpeg

blended the lot and added a bit of double cream, salt and pepper to taste and some bread and butter.

I originally made this as a substitute for nettles as they’re all gone now and didn’t expect any thc potency, I was fucking wrong, it tasted amazing so I had second helpings then did the washing up, only to realise I had no clue what the fuck I was doing now in my bedroom?? I couldn’t move for the rest of the evening needless to say.

If anyone wants to give this recipe a go give me an update as I wanna know if I just have a ridiculously low tolerance or something which is likely. Definitely worth a go, dangerously tasty in fact 

peace

• Like 11

@Silvia Cool to see your site. 

I ate cannabis instead of smoke it for around two years and I’ve dabbled with eating it on and off for decades. Totally different hit isn’t it. Haha funny (in retrospect) when you think your only taking a low dose and it kicks your ass… I’ve had various experiences with it. When I was doing regular I’d mix RSO oil with MCT oil. When you know the right amount you can work with it… but easy to overdo it. Hence I find most people who eaten it once, don’t again cause they always overdose it with tasty cake etc and find it disturbing…,

Its no joke when it’s a strong hit isn’t it. Once I lost the power to speak all together. I could think what I wanted to say but after attempting the first word I’d forget the sentence I was trying to say before I could get it out… apparently it stimulates the part of the brain that helps us forget info we don’t need… or over stimulates with a larger dose 

last time I did the old ‘this shouldn’t do much, should be a light buzz’ .. I boiled up stalks from bud I’d been collecting thinking stalk won’t do much… I drank as a tea. Then I was due to drive my friend to the train station… but it kicked in savage and I had to pull over and get him to drive me home again … I lay on my bed tripping balls with heart palpitations wishing it would end … 

when I eat a larger dose it takes me to a place I call ‘the inner court’.., but save that for another story 

Your soup was making my mouth water looking at the pics. But think I will pass… prob be good for your health in the long run tho…

Peace to u also 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1

The soup looks delicious.

Lots of people having trouble with glitches at the moment, I was using Chrome and it was making the site pretty much unusable. I've now switched to Brave browser and everything is working fine again. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Erbman T said:

@Silvia Cool to see your site. 

I ate cannabis instead of smoke it for around two years and I’ve dabbled with eating it on and off for decades. Totally different hit isn’t it. Haha funny (in retrospect) when you think your only taking a low dose and it kicks your ass… I’ve had various experiences with it. When I was doing regular I’d mix RSO oil with MCT oil. When you know the right amount you can work with it… but easy to overdo it. Hence I find most people who eaten it once, don’t again cause they always overdose it with tasty cake etc and find it disturbing…,

Its no joke when it’s a strong hit isn’t it. Once I lost the power to speak all together. I could think what I wanted to say but after attempting the first word I’d forget the sentence I was trying to say before I could get it out… apparently it stimulates the part of the brain that helps us forget info we don’t need… or over stimulates with a larger dose 

last time I did the old ‘this shouldn’t do much, should be a light buzz’ .. I boiled up stalks from bud I’d been collecting thinking stalk won’t do much… I drank as a tea. Then I was due to drive my friend to the train station… but it kicked in savage and I had to pull over and get him to drive me home again … I lay on my bed tripping balls with heart palpitations wishing it would end … 

when I eat a larger dose it takes me to a place I call ‘the inner court’.., but save that for another story 

Your soup was making my mouth water looking at the pics. But think I will pass… prob be good for your health in the long run tho…

Peace to u also 

Yeah completely different, I have done it once before and it was much stronger than this so I was prepared at least, after the initial shock I found I was able to recall childhood memories in quite some detail which was cool, definitely worth a pursuit to get the dosage right as it has some good characteristics. Absolutely hilarious in retrospect, I figured any decarboxylation would be minimal to non existent due to the low temperature for 4 minutes, dead wrong.

That will be the last time I underestimate a sodding leaf:wanker:

• Like 3