The Random Thread

whats_luring

@Reviveget all your fluffy, badly trimmed, faded outdoor buds out of those jars and onto a screen. The finished weight will be a fraction of the starting point, as you'll get rid of all that useless plant material. Tastiest edibles. You can vape it or smoke it although it's very monging and harsh on the throat/lungs. I also recommend the trimbin, as it's free hash while you trim, which is a boring repetitive job that requires large amounts of medicating to endure. For bigger sift runs, dedicated screens are super cheap and super fun! :)

If I ever do bubblehash/ice hash again it'll be a commercial operation for live resin only, i.e. super clean freeze dried bubblehash squished in a Rosin press for refinement. Too messy and time consuming for hippies at home! lol

Edited by Slippy One
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

get all your fluffy, badly trimmed, faded outdoor buds out of those jars and onto a screen.

Thats not what your gonna find in my jars mate, how dare you lol

Tbh ive got loads of fully loaded jars of dense buds that haven't been touched since last season, there just not my flavour.. prob 3 diff vars that i just didn't like.. then ive got a few others where ive just robbed the best buds out of them and left the broken up stuff in there and just moved to another jar.. its all stored as should be and is in pretty much the same state it went in just nicely cured now..still soft and sticky.. gonna look at some bigger screens prob for some fine grade sift I reckon..not sure otherwise how ill get through it and just dont won't it sitting there doing nothing its pretty pointless.. I never realised it was harsh to smoke, the kief that comes out the bottom of the bottom of the grinder is pretty smooth to smoke if honest..

Thanks for the link slippy,ive looked at it before but forgot it was you that posted it :yinyang:

• Like 3

I use sift 98% for edibles as I gag on that over boiled spinach taste. The vape/smoke is thicker, wrecks my vaping capsules, covers them in brown oil. Lungs feel congested after 2 days of vaping sift, and if you didn't like the original flavour/buzz it won't be a better flavour/buzz in it's concentrated form.

For shelf life, removing the plant material is best for storage, as a chunk of hash won't crumble like flowers do after a few years. Nice to free up some jars in the process.. :yep:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Revive said:

What method is this mate? 

a measured amount of silica beads go into a tub with the bud and a small fan, the air circulates and dries the lot but all with the same air so no terps get lost, should make for some stinky stuff.

apologies for the above spam, i have no clue what happened there :wanker:

Edited by Silvia
stinky
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Silvia said:

a measured amount of silica beads go into a tub with the bud and a small fan, the air circulates and dries the lot but all with the same air so no terps get lost, should make for some stinky stuff.

apologies for the above spam, i have no clue what happened there :wanker:

Ok I heard of this method but I think its questionable as to weather or not the bud is more stinky dried this way..personally never tried it so I won't knock it mate but it would also be difficult to use this method with a large amount of product.. ill be really interested to see how this goes for you buddy so please update your results :yep:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slippy One said:

if you didn't like the original flavour/buzz it won't be a better flavour/buzz in it's concentrated form.

Well the hope is once the plant matter is removed  it will change the taste.. again from the kief I smoke out the grinder I find it gives back a more hash like taste than the original bud it comes from.. if not it can all be used for edibles im not that fussed tbh.. freeing up some glass is deffo needed for the comming season,im not fuking buying anymore so I'll vac pack the contents if i need to..just feels like its piling up.. theres still bud and some rough from 2020 season too that still hasn't been sorted and so it will go on if I don't do something mate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Revive said:

Ok I heard of this method but I think its questionable as to weather or not the bud is more stinky dried this way..personally never tried it so I won't knock it mate but it would also be difficult to use this method with a large amount of product.. ill be really interested to see how this goes for you buddy so please update your results :yep:

Will do, I'll be trying it out on some exodus outdoor grow (if it makes it) and will do a control test also. Exited to see how it turns out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silvia said:

Will do, I'll be trying it out on some exodus outdoor grow (if it makes it) and will do a control test also. Exited to see how it turns out.

Good stuff mate :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 1

I’ve used a barrel on its side for the last few years for my auto harvest and then later on for finishing libs so they’re completely dry. Think it’s 90l - the clamp on top type previously used for bulk food. It’s too small for the photo harvest though. 

This year I thought by using 2kg of brand new silica, adding a better usb fan and digital temp/rh sensor, I’d be good to put two consecutive loads of auto harvest though it. Trouble was though that a combination of using rgsc autos and a properly prepped and fully dug over perimeter fence plot with some semi decent weather (for my northern tricky lat) resulted in too much coming in in one go. RH went from below 20% when empty to 75% overnight and I was forced out in mesh bags under a tarp in the woods for a few days. Luckily, this coincided with the heatwave end last week and through the weekend and we’re back in the barrel now after getting them dry enough not to overwhelm it and Im seeing the rh gradually dropping as the dry is nearly now done. I like this method a lot. It does seem to result in lovely looking and smelling flower that cures well (as long as you don’t take the dry too far before jarring up - it goes very fast at the end) I only really vape and eat weed though so not sure if newly dried bud smoked might be a bit harsh? Older cured stuff dried this way is fine smoked though. 

Little edit for a safety note, all silica gel is dusty and it’s not what you want to inhale, the beads are much less so but it’s important to handle it gently, don’t let your buds touch it and let it sit a good while still before adding material to dry. Once the dry has started, don’t disturb the gel, a stir and settle between batches helps uncover less moist gel from underneath but buds should be well out of the way for this. 

Edited by Clean Green
  • Like 1

A glimpse inside the barrel.  These have just been jarred but lids not going on for another day or two.  USB fan top right runs off a battery bank which lasts three days on the bank I have.  The RH and Temp sensor / sender isn't in the pic but send the info to a weather station so I can see exactly whats going on remotely.  Second pic shows how the beads are getting fairly moist now and will need a recharge soon.  Last couple of pics are the autos after starting to chop and a nice Dosidos that caught thistle down on its top cola and reminded me of a Christmas Tree.  Bud shots to follow ....:oldtoker:

large.3613F8F0-AA43-446D-BA23-37E3BF3FEA

large.2ECB6AD9-B5C8-4295-8774-E6F4FBFF9B

large.0BC6400B-EF83-45E6-9DD5-66EFF07D92

large.417B2A87-20AE-4E49-B444-BB5248C3D0

Edited by Clean Green
found a better photo
  • Like 13