The Random Thread

whats_luring

@Silvia fair bud. I’m mostly the same. Though come mid Sept/Oct it can get a bit ming. I should be doing most trimming on site where poss. And I don’t want sit there all sodden for hours on end… trimming 15 autos end of July/beginning of Aug was a taster, it’s a bitch!… and the weather was nice then, too hot if anything …and unless something tragic happens I shall be trimming a fair few more than 15.. yeah don’t wanna spend too much dollar if I can avoid it.. but will probably have jeans on with some durable half decent waterproofs over them … ordered the Sealtex trousers, was £20.. will see what they like 

A flask, water, a camping gas stove, cup, tea bags, packed lunch, assortment of different length scissors, smell proof bags, headphones, usb power pack, a little fold out seat…. Erm a few more items… will make a list.. don’t wanna be wet for hours on end…

even walking to a few of my sites now, in the morning there’s long foliage that soaks your legs with the morning dew by the time you get there… no more of that… already got my footwear sorted. Never get wet feet!!! That’s a big no no for me … missions ahoy!

did your girls survive the drought weather then ? Managed to evade all the homeless people and lurkers occupying your plot entrance ? 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Erbman T said:

@Silvia fair bud. I’m mostly the same. Though come mid Sept/Oct it can get a bit ming. I should be doing most trimming on site where poss. And I don’t want sit there all sodden for hours on end… trimming 15 autos end of July/beginning of Aug was a taster, it’s a bitch!… and the weather was nice then, too hot if anything …and unless something tragic happens I shall be trimming a fair few more than 15.. yeah don’t wanna spend too much dollar if I can avoid it.. but will probably have jeans on with some durable half decent waterproofs over them … ordered the Sealtex trousers, was £20.. will see what they like 

A flask, water, a camping gas stove, cup, tea bags, packed lunch, assortment of different length scissors, smell proof bags, headphones, usb power pack, a little fold out seat…. Erm a few more items… will make a list.. don’t wanna be wet for hours on end…

even walking to a few of my sites now, in the morning there’s long foliage that soaks your legs with the morning dew by the time you get there… no more of that… already got my footwear sorted. Never get wet feet!!! That’s a big no no for me … missions ahoy!

did your girls survive the drought weather then ? Managed to evade all the homeless people and lurkers occupying your plot entrance ? 

Yeah it can get a bit damp, but the satisfaction of getting home and cleaning up is great (for me at least) like my boy scout days.

The girls have made it through so far yeah, they're a bit smaller than I was hoping (most waist height) but i'll blame that on the constant dehydration, every week they looked like they wouldn't make it but still popped back up as if nothing happened. My biggest DFG got eaten unfortunately, the rabbits even finished the roots off the next day. 

Them lads ended up fucking off not long after I crossed paths with them so I needn't army crawl through the thorn bushes at the back anymore thank fuck but I'm always on edge when weeding through them woods now. Getting out is still an ordeal though, you can never see whos on the other side until your out so i've had a few weird looks :wanker:

As far as trimming goes ima do something similar to yourself, except ill also be drying them outdoors under a tarp in some netting, hopefully the mold doesn't take hold of them as I've never dried outdoors before.

Might upload a few pics nearer harvest time if all goes well

• Like 3

@Silvia yeah the ones on my two bigger plots, the Semi Autos & photoperiods have ended up shorter than I thought they would try to do.. the semi’s have mostly ended up about waist height.. I too think this is due to my bare minimum watering… I was trying to train them low anyway so it actually has worked out well for what I wanted. I didn’t want them poking out over the foliage canopy at eye level and this has been achieved .. I’ve got lots of fairly bushy multi headed shrub like plants … when I visited the semi auto plot today they were dry but not wilting but I could see the bud on the flowering purple freeze hadn’t got much bigger in a week and I think it’s due to being a bit dry I.e needing more water to do it’s thing … it’s not stopping the Green Gold’s.. proper beasts them…

yeah at my photoperiod plot it’s a similar thing.. when I pop out the entrance to the path to the entrance it’s a bit like luck of the draw if someone is waking down the path .. I did get caught out a couple times.. nothing bad but people did see me.. like a dog walker at 5:30 am was just there when i popped out … so since then I have strict  night hours for watering and visiting … annoying cause I’d like to see my Serious 6 etc in the light … but better in the dark than get compromised. Hoping for a day visit for harvest tho… General plan 

good to hear your lurkers have gone 

Yep. Be cool to see your photos …

Salute 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 2

On 8/15/2022 at 1:25 AM, Erbman T said:

I quite like smoking it in dust form. I smoke neat so sprinkled on top of bud or ash in the pipe. 

I have pressed it before but I prefer it as the dust. 

Love the pic. You can't beat a bit of keif my friend :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Love the pic. You can't beat a bit of keif my friend :)

Glad you approve my friend. I like it to.  so easy to make.. only been making it last couple years .. had I known sooner... 

I find it so much easier than messing around with ice extraction... don’t get me wrong, people make some really good stuff using ice extraction... dry sift so much easy though 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Silvia said:

Them lads ended up fucking off not long after I crossed paths with them so I needn't army crawl through the thorn bushes at the back anymore thank fuck but I'm always on edge when weeding through them woods now. Getting out is still an ordeal though, you can never see whos on the other side until your out so i've had a few weird looks :wanker:

if you get out......just have a roll of toilet paper in your hand......and you will get only smiles.......and no-one is going to look..or wonder... what you did there  :):) 

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Silvia said:

except ill also be drying them outdoors under a tarp in some netting, hopefully the mold doesn't take hold of them as I've never dried outdoors before.

i never tried it...and never will........even today all day it was 80% +   in humidity..... :( 

and even indoors there are growers who manage to get mold... :( 

The Outdoor Drying Thread - Guerrilla Growing - UK420

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Silvia said:

except ill also be drying them outdoors under a tarp in some netting,

Have you done this before then? I did have a read of the drying thread that Dutchfox shared the link for previously… looks like a balls ache and risky with the rot… obviously you have your reasons like not being able to dry at home…is it the missus or what ? Fair play tho. Hope it works out 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Erbman T said:

Have you done this before then? I did have a read of the drying thread that Dutchfox shared the link for previously… looks like a balls ache and risky with the rot… obviously you have your reasons like not being able to dry at home…is it the missus or what ? Fair play tho. Hope it works out 

@DutchFox

Cant seem to scroll through the thread which is helpful:wallbash:

Something along those lines yeah, i could possibly set something up in the garage but im not sure if 1 carbon filter would be sufficient, another option would be to get a few containers with silica gel in the bottom and a small fan to circulate the air, its probably worth a try on a few bits to see what happens. amazon sells 60 ltr and 30 ltr barrels so its in the cards, haven't seen anyone do it yet though.

I didnt want to have to dry outdoors if i could help it.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t want to risk it. But if needs must.. if you could read that thread I’m sure folks did come up with ways but remember @DutchFox bring sceptical about it… seems it’s possible but I wouldn’t want to try. It’s usually wet wet wet come end of season.. love you to demonstrate a successful go at it… 

ya gonna get any pics up then ? Go on

theres a few others on here I’d like to see there pics to… it’s the uploader a lot of folks struggle with.. but i came up with a hack that makes it easier.. tho most my pics are very low detail because of it 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Silvia said:

1 carbon filter would be sufficient,

I think it would. If it’s not too old. But help if space is sealed a bit too I think.. a garage might have a few too many gaps for smell to get out… dunno if you could set the filter up in a tent inside the garage .. another thing would be the fan might make too much noise in the garage and draw attention … jus a thought 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Erbman T said:

I think it would. If it’s not too old. But help if space is sealed a bit too I think.. a garage might have a few too many gaps for smell to get out… dunno if you could set the filter up in a tent inside the garage .. another thing would be the fan might make too much noise in the garage and draw attention … jus a thought 

Ill get some pics up nearer harvest, hopefully by then they wont look like wet mops when i turn up, all depends on how the ground takes the rain. I also dont like having pics on my phone until im near the finish line for obvious reasons, so far this year ive only taken a few polaroids for that reason.

I did just think up an idea though, one long drain pipe cut in half would make a good drying tube I reckon, just line up all the branches and stick it back together, then attach a carbon fan to one end and restrict the flow to a trickle and it should all be under slight vacuum with no smell escaping, or I could make it out of cardboard, seems like a decent enough idea.

still cant like posts

Yeah sounds cunning. I like it. I got a fancy adjustable speed fan recent times from gro shop.. useful being able to adjust power… I tried a box that you plugged into before with a standard fan that allowed you to adjust a set speed fan.. but made the fan noisy af.. this new one I got is good.. been good as a fan to keep cool to.. I love it.. Im just gonna dry in my bedroom. Got lines hanging up… will attach a carbon filter tho … it’s just a small 4” but will do the job for drying 

things should be coming in a different times according to strain 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1