The Random Thread

whats_luring

1 hour ago, BLhaze said:

@latitude54  did he not return? i know he went back some years ago but i thought he came back? 

I'm not sure mate. Be good if he has! I'd love to get on the waiting list! 

I'm having my sleeve worked on by Mat Lapping at Creative Vandals in Hull. I'm at about £1400 to date with 2 maybe 3 more sessions to go. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

large.8868285B-17C6-4C9A-97E1-9D32C110EEEB.jpeglarge.D2D045FC-80D4-4D5A-9DE6-2B0735BACE91.jpeglarge.2D69DFB8-83D6-4B13-8BE4-3AB02208283F.jpeglarge.2F1A7D3F-2484-408D-8A8F-AC9D3C6D1CF7.jpeglarge.120953B3-6402-439C-8964-818596CF7EF7.jpeglarge.7A5C52E5-BB84-4707-874F-4B2C876CF12C.jpeglarge.EE6BCAF7-D8B0-4E9F-A8BB-9FCCE70414FB.jpeg
well that was fun. Went to bang a few more cheeky late plant outs out after work… long story short visited a cheeky lil spot I’d whacked x1 Mighty Gold Bx1 cutting, X1 Royal Mazar cutting & x 1 Tropicana Poison Fv cutting bout three weeks ago, doin ok… dug in x2 Whitey Freeze seedlings … then I hear the voices, won’t go into to much detail but i think they’d heard me come through their zone as it were, 

the voices were getting closer and I hear the foliage near by cracking under their feet, I also left another 4 seedlings and some other stuff I didn’t wanna drag down the tunnel at the entrance , was just waiting for them to find it. They were right there having a scout about by the sound of it … then I hear sounds like someone’s crawling down the tunnel … I’m lay on the floor right to the ground.. then a dog pops in. I’m like shiit.. waiting for dog to start barking but it just takes a look at me then fucks off… I can hear the people having a look around and I go into ninja mode and finish plant the Whitey freeze in…. Eventually they bog off and I sneak out and head to the next spot to finish up 

large.F601686D-E216-4D96-8AC9-1B390AC9B41B.jpeg
I messed up with these seedlings x2 are DFG bx1 and x2 are Royal Mazar … when I germed them I got them mixed up, cause ideally I’d want the DFG at the back behind the Royal Mazar as the DFG get taller… oh well they shouldn’t get too tall with a late plant out and I can train them if they start to.. jus a bit of fun… this spot is another ridiculous spot aswell.. I won’t go into it but peeps would never believe where some of these are growing 

right.. time to go have a well deserved bath  

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 3

large.06CF8082-BCE1-49BB-A7F6-939C15201BB6.jpeg

Well the experiments continue this morning.

Last week today I planted x2 Fast Zkittles seedlings at the mutant reveg site..(which before now I only visited once a month, but will now visit once a week for a few weeks til seedlings have deeper roots)…

the experiment is whether these slug collars are really as good as I think they are, done me proud so far with no slug pellets being used anywhere at all… and zero casualties…(will see…)

also the experiment is to find out what results I get from later and later plant outs 

basically I wouldn’t usually plant out little seedlings, I’d usually aim to grow them up bigger first so they are more established and in a better position to survive slug attacks etc …. 

well these fast Zkittles planted our last Saturday morning have shot up and there’s not a slug bite in site … so very happy on both accounts 

the true test will be tomo when I visit the x3 Fast Zkittles and x1 DFG Bx1 seedlings planted out last Sunday … the place I observed was crawling with snails everywhere , so will see tomo 

am well happy about the growth in these Fast Zkittles in just a week.. really looking forward to see the results from these late plant outs ..

im not quite finished … I’ve got some more Green Poison Fv, , Gorrilla Dawg, Gorilla Girl Fv, Killer Kush Fv, a lone Purple Freeze Bx1 and finally a batch of UEL regs to plant out until I’ve finished planting out for this season…

here’s the x2 Fast Zkittles at plant out last Saturday…

large.943BA739-E812-4ACD-8F28-60AC8D57B39B.jpeglarge.F77AFFA0-C556-4AF3-A5E2-1C218CA173EF.jpeg

and here’s them this morn 

large.0173879A-86A5-4F53-A6E9-878866FA22CF.jpeglarge.512AE3A8-C093-4A80-8FD6-2A9E29D2D6A8.jpeg

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 3

oh I couldn’t resist dig in another Green Poison Fv and DFG Bx1…. Walking back from the mutant reveg zone ….

will check them again in about a week
large.9E6F1934-2332-4A84-BD2B-37B2DC8FB8DA.jpeg

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 4

large.51FC40A7-E87C-41AE-83F2-9898315F2D40.jpeg

not sure where I’m getting this energy from today… received a second wind .. right, that’s another plant out done, x2 Gorilla Dawg & x2 Green Poison Fv 

now home for a nice bath 

a cup of tea

and a big fat pipe 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 2

anyone producing any monsters this year? unfortunately im not in the ground this year as life got very busy.. but i can imagine there should be some stonkers with the weather weve had so far.. i bet autos n semi's are smashing it? not seen much in the picture thread etc, cant say iv searched many diaries.. 1 thing im not missing though is carrying 60-80ltrs of water through gorse bush.. gorse spikes sticking to ya sweaty skin. 

the last time i had a crack- before i planted out, i went to turn the compost and found a very stinky seedling amongst the pile that must of grown from a dropped seed from a rotting branch i launched.. (purposely seeded) some may remember from a thread i made.. now that year i put out an abundance... many many of my own hacks that are regs.. i made a unwanted decision to abandon the site after maybe one month of maintenance as this was when life got very busy (in a good way). sooooo . i had piles of muck around my plot u sed to amend every year.. the plants were many fems with possibly many males.. iv never been back... whats the chances of a few naturally occurring bloomers you guys reckon? as i say i found one naturally growing that year in the compost pile... :george: still have a couple cams set up there too, which is probably the only reason i will return one day to retrieve i think... wouldnt mind going before season over and see if the gods have blessed me though :yinyang:

Edited by BLhaze
  • Like 1

Just now, BLhaze said:

wouldnt mind going before season over and see if the gods have blessed me

That would be pretty cool. A self growing plot with perpetual harvests 

yeah been lugging the water. Making me look more buff tho ha 

Edited by Erbman T

large.674FE377-C785-4F42-A16C-524FCEB80599.jpeglarge.CA16F6BD-B994-42AE-AF78-1676EF7D8E5D.jpeglarge.911C9DFB-CB59-419A-99C8-CF2CA5573952.jpeglarge.7FE50FA3-B894-4C1A-B251-1F257AE7B2FD.jpeglarge.68D051E7-2EDC-4C37-ADD3-29A2D8431199.jpegRight then…

Just been to check the x3 Fast Zkittles & x1 Purple Freeze Bx1 seedings I planted today last week Sunday 

Happy to see their growing nicely 

Heres last weeklarge.BA2C5F22-7C70-4826-90EF-8FD7085BD057.jpeg

and here’s today 

large.805368E4-F409-459D-9C95-0520173E556C.jpeg

Nice healthy growth !

as you can see, these little snails are everywhere down here, like a few per m2 in some places. Small seedlings were left for a week with no pellets down so collars work with these lil snails that’s for sure…. Didn’t see any slugs tho

eksewhere the collars have done me good anyway. Just thought this be a good testing ground considering the amount of these snails about 

happy with progress of these late plant outs so far. Will be interesting to see how tall they get and if I will have to train them or not  

Salute 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 2

@Erbman T easy mate, just see your post in a diary about the collars. Didn't wanna clog up the diary.

I see you use the collars to help with watering . 

I use cut off plastic bottles for the same reason. Found many years back that it makes life so much easier. It holds the water until it's all soaked in and follows the roots getting evenly absorbed by the soil around the root.  No evaporation and no running off .

I ended up adapting mine as slug collars , but don't seem to need it at these plots. There's snails about but few slugs .

I find the pellets often attract rats and rabbits , so use them sparingly unless the place is infested. 

Anyway mate. You're doing a great job and the proof is in that pudding you'll be enjoying.

Peace out mi bredda 

Edited by CheechChongReturns
  • Like 1

@CheechChongReturns

Hail Up mi breddah..yep… it was a revelation.. a bonus golden nugget to my collar takeover plan … it works a fookin’ treat blood ! I waste not a drop !!! Nothing worse than lugging water fi miles just to see it run off from where you want it to go 

‘Avin it blud !!! Forwards >>>

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1

Just now, Erbman T said:

large.EA0E2550-F265-4CF0-8F31-0E2F9E7BD11D.jpeglarge.E012C7F6-62B3-45EA-B3EF-4F986C9CE273.jpeglarge.DDC721FC-E4AB-4DFD-84F8-924F144A7BA8.jpeglarge.D56CF8E6-14A6-4CA5-AB5A-B02476E63B67.jpeglarge.880B3C04-EB25-4A51-AC26-E71FA104AE7D.jpeglarge.61413812-B657-4EA7-A7AB-922E639BBF27.jpeglarge.28BE8173-BDA5-46B7-B0B7-E8024455EF81.jpeglarge.087E0E9F-18E9-46D8-87E0-066136903D22.jpeg

Setting the bar high for us all bro. 

Great to see them all come along .

Big up starr

• Like 3

@CheechChongReturns ah it’s not a competition. I hope all good folk do well. Whether they grow 1 plant or a gazillion. Besides Choppers and the big boys havn’t shown up to the party yet this year 

havin a Good one tho… they really drinking the water now. Glad I went to the Semi auto plot… weren’t droopy but they were ready for a drink… gave them 25 litres today 

im checking the autos regular now too. Like every few days. That stem rot freaked me out the other day … could smell auto plot #1 from the beginning of the tunnel entrance today .. they are getting real nice 

looks like another roaster.. my plants love it, but watching all the undergrowth turning brown and starting to die off is a bit worrying.. I.e my cover… could do with a bit of rain just for the surrounding undergrowth really

… same way my auto buds are liking it Sunny and dry   …. Maybe it could rain when their done, that would be optimal to keep the rot at bay as I head for the auto finish line .. Otherwise all Good so far .. keeping me busy 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1

@Erbman T choppers  and the other big boys. I'm still getting used to their re-branding .

We got a bit of rain last night. Nothing substantial . Should be some more the next few days .

lol , we only compete with ourself and nature, but awe and appreciation for other growers is normal.

I wasn't even gonna grow this year until you lot gave me the nudge and I'm glad you did.

Using this season to set me for next season and grab a few Oz at the same time. 

I'm happy so far. Ticked all the boxes I wanted to and got my mojo back. :yinyang:

Talking rot. I was thinking of rigging up cheap battery fans to solar , or a solar battery. 

Like I say , thinking. 

I ain't tested it out yet , can't seem to find any of the fans around . They used to be in the poundshops every summer. 

Anyway, the idea is to have one on the main colas . If it's even practical.

Let's hope you get enough rain to stop the cover dieing off with enough wind to stop the rot.

• Like 1

@CheechChongReturns rebranding ? I only became aware of the site mid grow with some RGSC beans last season …sometimes I’ve wondered if Choppers is Panic lol but think not, he’d have to make a split personality …

that Bad Penny put on a good show reading back in this thread .. him and Panic where a lethal team by the look… think they had to tone it down by the looks … rusty tricomes now she was something … she still about.? Some great reads reading back in this thread .. some classic material 

I was working yesteday (I work outdoors mostly) and it started to spit rain for about 2 mins around 10am while it was blazing hot Sun… 

your a clever dude and I like your vibes .. rooting cuttings with no clonex, doing sex changes with normal Colloidal silver and now outdoor fan…. Pretty cool dude ! 

my STS arrived … hehe mmm the experiments continue … got get my targets in better shape, x3 cuttings that are about a foot tall.. could produce a lot of cum I imagine 

Get the lab coat out 

havnt slept … bout to check auto plot #2… then I might jump in a river 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1