The Random Thread

whats_luring

• 3 weeks later...

Crawling through an 18" tall 35ft tunnel under train tracks dragging 30 kg of nutes, a huge bucket, spade and a fork at 3.45am...

Not for the faint hearted

• Like 7

Crawling through an 18" tall 35ft tunnel under train tracks dragging 30 kg of nutes, a huge bucket, spade and a fork at 3.45am...

Not for the faint hearted

luxury.

being chased by three farm dogs sliding down an almost vertical slope coverd in ivey and brambles and landing in a shitty water filled ditch with loadsa lose barbed wire.. :fear:

• Like 5

Fuck yeah soon as i heard that bark my expectancy of gettin outta there would be somewhere around the same level of the brick that just dropped out the bottom of my trousers. I hope i have the same initiative and outright sack in a similar situation. People are one thing, dogs know your there long before you know about them. Good thing they are all loud :)

I lugged 150 litres of compost across 3 farmers fields in the wee early hours this morning. Ridiculous really...

edit- thats the hardest part done :rockon:

Edited by gravy_14
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

wheres rusty gone??, atm this forum is just a massive sausage fest and would benifit from a feminine touch every now an then, any other members on here secretly chicks?

• Like 2

So that's 25 holes cooking away nicely for the next few weeks each with 1kg chicken shit an just shy of 1kg FBB per hole even though it seemed about perfect anyway (a lovely dark clay but just workable). 9 a couple of weeks ago ready for a 4/20 plant out and another 16 today ready for start of May- ish. Cannot fucking wait to start popping beans

wheres rusty gone??, atm this forum is just a massive sausage fest and would benifit from a feminine touch every now an then, any other members on here secretly chicks?

I have been described as more than ever so slightly camp at times if that counts? I just like to think I'm in touch with my feminine side lol

• Like 1

So that's 25 holes cooking away nicely for the next few weeks each with 1kg chicken shit an just shy of 1kg FBB per hole even though it seemed about perfect anyway (a lovely dark clay but just workable). 9 a couple of weeks ago ready for a 4/20 plant out and another 16 today ready for start of May- ish. Cannot fucking wait to start popping beans

1 kg of fbb? how big is the hole mate?

About 3/4 fork widths each side but iv cut in and under surrounding area as well, just didn't want massive beds per plant each hole is about 20 Gal+? Soil is very wet so hoped this might help break it all down. I know it sounds like a stupid amount just wanna see how they handle it, iv got a decent patch for seedling soil in the middle of each whole- they won't be going straight into the hot mix. Also my plot has great sun exposure so I'm sure theyl be big hungry girlies come June/ July

I know that over the spring the ground will dry right out and actually become almost Sandy- very free draining and itl take alot of it with it. Theyl of all had at least 6 week's to do there thing. Would some lime help speed it along do you think?

About 3/4 fork widths each side but iv cut in and under surrounding area as well, just didn't want massive beds per plant each hole is about 20 Gal+? Soil is very wet so hoped this might help break it all down. I know it sounds like a stupid amount just wanna see how they handle it, iv got a decent patch for seedling soil in the middle of each whole- they won't be going straight into the hot mix. Also my plot has great sun exposure so I'm sure theyl be big hungry girlies come June/ July

The reason I ask is tried something similar with chicken shit and FBB but in isolation, The chicken shit one grew well. The one dosed with similar levels to what you described of FBB suffered severe over nitrogen with claw like leaves and it stunted like hell. It could have just been the plant as I had no other plant prepped the same way to compare but given the vast overdosing compared to about 100 grams or so per square metre on the box i put two and two together.

It will be interesting to see how yours perform. I tend to stick to published values and they grow well enough. Horses for courses I suppose.

:oldtoker:

Edited by iamafunkimunki

I know that over the spring the ground will dry right out and actually become almost Sandy- very free draining and itl take alot of it with it. Theyl of all had at least 6 week's to do there thing. Would some lime help speed it along do you think?

No lime and demineralising large amounts of feed is a sure fire recipe for sour soil if you ask me.

Again I've been down that road also many years ago now lol.

Its mad how people do the same things.

e2a:

not meant as criticism its just strange to see

Edited by iamafunkimunki