The Random Thread

whats_luring

12 hours ago, StumpMCgraff said:

Hi, I was looking around for different breeders and come across unicorn boys genetics, they do outdoor stuff. I seen they do some dfg crosses and few other interesting strains. 

Just wondering if anyone has grown any of there stuff. I just fired off a email to them for price/list. They only do regular seed, which interest me more as I'm looking to make my own seeds this year.

Bunch of chancers who made seeds their first time growing, never mind outside. Think they're just daft teen-agers who fancy themselves as the next RGSC but without the experience to back it up. No selections made 

Play stupid games, get stupid prizes. Better off sticking to stuff you can half way trust 

• Like 2

On 15/05/2022 at 8:48 AM, StumpMCgraff said:

Hi erbman, I normally use clover compost, I have used biobizz compost but find it sets like concrete compared to clover mpc.

3 of the fast skittles have germed, so it's not all bad, 50% germ rate is abit shit though. At least I get to try them that's all that matters to me.

Ill get some pictures up at some point, I'm doing auto gsc and dinafem auto whitecheese in my garden aswell. The whitecheese seeds i had in my kitchen drawers for about 7 years, germed no probs.

Anyway cheers guys.

Hey Stump. Soz I missed your reply. Yeah fair regarding the Clover. I should prob look into it myself. Think I just got a bit carried away with me rant back there,  

regarding the seeds if I was really sure it wasn’t me who bodged the germination I’d maybe email em..

Cool to hear your doing the GSC too. Be cool to see how you do with them.. big rain just happened here. Hope mine didn’t get too battered  ..

Nice 1

11 hours ago, BLhaze said:

really miss being in here!! hope all you lot are doing well!!

Welcome bk broski

On 21/05/2022 at 4:06 PM, Erbman T said:

@Exile420
what me waan see is how early it triggers and finishes and how cuts perform…. My indoor experiments with said clone seem to indicate early start and finish.. but there’s only one way for me to find out how it performs outdoors

Really interested to see how this goes, strangely enough I was hoping to do pretty much the same kind of experiments this year but I was out of the country until April and I've think I'm too far behind to get any meaningful results - I popped a dfg, a maff, and a whitey freeze but sadly the whitey was a dud - been trying to get some baby clones off both but they haven't even rooted yet and I was hoping to light dep at least a couple of the clones at the start of June - oh well maybe next year - good luck with your grow,  I hope it goes well 

• Like 1

my seriously butchered DFG - I've taken 5 cuts from this so far - unfortunately the first one rotted - the other 4 are hanging on but no roots yetlarge.IMG_20220524_081213.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Oss said:

Bunch of chancers who made seeds their first time growing, never mind outside. Think they're just daft teen-agers who fancy themselves as the next RGSC but without the experience to back it up. No selections made 

Play stupid games, get stupid prizes. Better off sticking to stuff you can half way trust 

Thanks mate, won't be touching them with a ten footer then. I couldn't find any info about them on ***** or here so kind of thought they were abit effy. Only place was Instagram, I'm not in to social media stuff haven't even got Facebook, I come from a time before everyone had mobile phones lol.

9 hours ago, Erbman T said:

Hey Stump. Soz I missed your reply. Yeah fair regarding the Clover. I should prob look into it myself. Think I just got a bit carried away with me rant back there,  

regarding the seeds if I was really sure it wasn’t me who bodged the germination I’d maybe email em..

Cool to hear your doing the GSC too. Be cool to see how you do with them.. big rain just happened here. Hope mine didn’t get too battered  ..

Nice 1

I'm going to take the blame for the seeds not germinating properly as I reckon the tissue I used was crap, was cheap toilet roll. Basically I was germinating seeds between sandpaper. Got some andrex now and getting 100% germ rates, I germed 11 bcn critical xxl fast fems with good results.

Yea I'm looking forward to the auto gsc, seen a review on here saying its a good producer.

I'm going to make a order this week from rgs, but just can't make my mind up on what to get.

Cheers.

• Like 2

@Roofless wonhey man. Glad my ramblings aren’t completely in vain.  I’m tending to post things that I myself would be interested to find if I were looking myself. Generally I try to clone everything I grow. What I’d really really like to do is reverse one of my Malawi clones and pollinate the Whitey with it as well as some of the other genetics I am running outdoors.. but that’s entering whole other unchartered realms.

Hope your clones root up. Good luck to you to & hope goes well for you to. 

Enjoy 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StumpMCgraff said:

I'm going to make a order this week from rgs, but just can't make my mind up on what to get.

Yep plenty of goodies to choose from. Ive got quite a few of their strains now, entering double figures… Green Gold just entered into my collection this week, I’d been eying it for a while. Some purple freeze, Exo Gold and Green Gold got put into soil lastnight…

All the best 

• Like 3

On 24/05/2022 at 2:42 PM, Erbman T said:

Yep plenty of goodies to choose from. Ive got quite a few of their strains now, entering double figures… Green Gold just entered into my collection this week, I’d been eying it for a while. Some purple freeze, Exo Gold and Green Gold got put into soil lastnight…

All the best 

I ordered some green golds bx1's last night, I seen a review on here saying with abit of lst he got over 500g, my eyes popped out my head reading that. Proper nice looking bud too. So excited to get things rolling, I can't contain myself lol. 

Cheers mate.

• Like 3

Just now, StumpMCgraff said:

I ordered some green golds bx1's last night, I seen a review on here saying with abit of lst he got over 500g, my eyes popped out my head reading that. Proper nice looking bud too. So excited to get things rolling, I can't contain myself lol. 

Cheers mate.

Nice one bud

yes I’m looking forward to try the Green Gold. Mine should be popping up v soon. Yep from my reading on here  it sounds like a strong/big yielder. I read a few comments where some liked the smell and taste and others not so, also fair few comments about large yields. I find smell and taste is often Pheno dependent with different strains so that part can be down to luck sometimes growing from seed. Think it’s one of RGSC’s older strains and is in the Exo and Mighty Gold. 

I know what you mean about the excitement. I was excited about this season when I was cropping last season. Defo good to enjoy it. And I do. I love it 

went to visit one of my auto plots today. And was glad to see my young ones hadn’t been destroyed by the heavy rains, wind and slugs…

the Sun will be coming soon 

salute 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Erbman T said:

went to visit one of my auto plots today. And was glad to see my young ones hadn’t been destroyed by the heavy rains, wind and slugs…

the Sun will be coming soon 

Glad all is OK, autos are so temperamental, if they get over watered I found they struggle to bounce back, but if in the ground it's not to bad as the native soil will soak up excess from the compost the autos are in. 

Going by the weather forecast we shouldn't have any rain for the next week....hopefully, in south west.

Cheers.

• Like 1

large.1F1CBA99-8238-4B12-AF03-94FD835403FE.jpeglarge.C0C3CE9D-B52B-44B4-A1C1-5E3DF19F0235.jpeglarge.E1E3CEED-BB4D-431E-AA1C-8299BDA4B1BC.jpeg

These pics are from yesterday. These three were planted out 5th of May and seem to be well established now… but yeah hoping my little ones come through.. could do with a proper good roast really 

• Like 7

I ended up emailing rgs as I felt I was making excuses for poorly germ rates on the fast skittles. Me saying it was down to the tissue seems abit silly really. Out of a pack of 6 the least you should expect from germination is 90% germ rate, I should of had around 5 germed and growing...not 3.

My germination method is in a tub with a layer of damp tissue then seeds and a layer of tissue on top and mist sprayed, in 15 years growing iv always had good rates of germination with this method.

The last thing I want is to come across as a seed scavenger but feel I'm untitled to get my money worth. Losing job due to covid and rising inflation, fiver a seed is worth alot to me. Just needed to get that off my chest as it's been abit frustrating to fair. I got 3 greengold bx1 going in to germ, wish me luck lol

But I do love the rgs stuff, it's set me up good and proper the last few years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StumpMCgraff said:

I ended up emailing rgs as I felt I was making excuses for poorly germ rates on the fast skittles. Me saying it was down to the tissue seems abit silly really. Out of a pack of 6 the least you should expect from germination is 90% germ rate, I should of had around 5 germed and growing...not 3.

My germination method is in a tub with a layer of damp tissue then seeds and a layer of tissue on top and mist sprayed, in 15 years growing iv always had good rates of germination with this method.

The last thing I want is to come across as a seed scavenger but feel I'm untitled to get my money worth. Losing job due to covid and rising inflation, fiver a seed is worth alot to me. Just needed to get that off my chest as it's been abit frustrating to fair. I got 3 greengold bx1 going in to germ, wish me luck lol

But I do love the rgs stuff, it's set me up good and proper the last few years.

Yep deffo the tissue, had 3 zkittles all popped using blue cloths the tissue doesn't work aswell.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jonnybigballs said:

Yep deffo the tissue, had 3 zkittles all popped using blue cloths the tissue doesn't work aswell.

Iv never used the blue dish cloth before, sounds like a good idea as it allows more air through and doesn't get saturated soggy like tissue. Good shout will try that.

I was bit drunk yesterday when I made that post, little out of character. Perhaps I should refrain from scrolling while drunk lol.