The Random Thread

whats_luring

4 hours ago, StumpMCgraff said:

Hi first post here, but been a heavy duty lurker for years.

I'm wondering if anyone else having problems with fast skittles from rgs fully germinating?, the method iv used for years is in wet bog roll for 48hrs and normally get a nice fat tap root. I only got half of them to actually crack. 

Iv got some really old stock of dfg and fast diesel from when rgs first set up website, they have all germd with no problems. I've grown rgs stuff every year without issues.

I’ve not had great germination rates with the fast zkittlez either bud. I know it’s not my methods as all the mwf, purple freeze, royal mazar and others have germed fine. Only had 1 out 3 with the fast cookies as well

P.s for any beginner lurkers (not meaning you Stump). Personally when I germ in soil I try to use bio bizz ‘light mix’, or have used the ‘all mix’ on occasion, reason I say this as back in the day I use to have germ issues when starting in crappy compost bought from supermarkets or garden centres) (not saying they are all crap). Reason being I think often these composts are too rich with ferts (and random shite) and kill the seeds/sprouts off even if they do pop open 

That’s what I experienced anyway 

other tip from my experience is, don’t dig the seed down too deep. I tend to keep the soil fluffy and don’t press it down or compact it. I make a very small hole or indentation with finger tip and hardly bury the seed down far. Prob about 5mm at the most. I then gently cover hole with a bit of soil, again I do not pat the soil down. I keep it airy… then I water very lightly. Often I use a sprayer to mist the top of soil and repeat if I see it looking too dry. I want the soil to still show a tad bit of dryness but with enough wet to reach the seed. but defo defo not waterlogged, waterlogged will also often fuck up and kill your germination 

• Like 1

large.71C67CFD-0E91-4038-8898-6BB15F64B9AE.jpegAll of me Acid Kush & Guerrilla Auto beans from Urban Legends came up… here’s a few on the go with the replacement GSC RGSC auto’s 

anyway excuse the rambling Stump… hope things work out. 

• Like 3

large.BA1F48BE-42FD-436C-AEE4-AECDF0FBC2CF.jpeglarge.31AEF4D3-CBEC-4EBE-BDD1-C279959C5A9E.jpeglarge.120FD4CD-3147-45F6-92F4-54474C636DAA.jpegThese from the first batch.. coming on ok now.. can’t wait to go have another look. Trying to keep visits down to reduce making visible trails to plot 

• Like 5

Hi erbman, I normally use clover compost, I have used biobizz compost but find it sets like concrete compared to clover mpc.

3 of the fast skittles have germed, so it's not all bad, 50% germ rate is abit shit though. At least I get to try them that's all that matters to me.

Ill get some pictures up at some point, I'm doing auto gsc and dinafem auto whitecheese in my garden aswell. The whitecheese seeds i had in my kitchen drawers for about 7 years, germed no probs.

Anyway cheers guys.

• Like 3

Hoo Bloody Ray… After 6 1/2 years as a member of UK420 I’ve only gone and made it to Senior Member!!!

I’ve had some great laughs, met some fantastic people and encountered some of the weirdest characters with even weirder ideas ever to grace the internet. Some entertaining, some infuriating but all part of the rich diversity that keeps me logging into UK420 

I’ve learned so much and appreciate the amount of information shared amongst the UK Guerilla  Community……Big Up to the Sunshine Club :cowboy:

I’d like to thank @Joolzand all the Mods over the years who have hosted and helped run this site, nice one guys  :cheers:

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, Lea Valley said:

Hoo Bloody Ray… After 6 1/2 years as a member of UK420 I’ve only gone and made it to Senior Member!!!

I’ve had some great laughs, met some fantastic people and encountered some of the weirdest characters with even weirder ideas ever to grace the internet. Some entertaining, some infuriating but all part of the rich diversity that keeps me logging into UK420 

I’ve learned so much and appreciate the amount of information shared amongst the UK Guerilla  Community……Big Up to the Sunshine Club :cowboy:

I’d like to thank @Joolzand all the Mods over the years who have hosted and helped run this site, nice one guys  :cheers:

Haha u never written tons of posts silent but deadly ;)

On 14/05/2022 at 4:02 PM, Erbman T said:

large.71C67CFD-0E91-4038-8898-6BB15F64B9AE.jpegAll of me Acid Kush & Guerrilla Auto beans from Urban Legends came up… here’s a few on the go with the replacement GSC RGSC auto’s 

anyway excuse the rambling Stump… hope things work out. 

Won't be disappointed with these done the gorilla and the acid kush and gorilla cookies last year acid kush was the jar filler gorrila cookies is bang on tho never had a flavour from bud like that the gorrila was fire aswell never tried the gsc from rgsc but want to might have be putting an order in got the acid kush on the go this year again got the cookie killer and critical kush all from urban legends hope they perform as the others do :smokin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ccs141 said:

Won't be disappointed with these

Can’t wait mate. Should be fun. Whatever the outcome. I trust your judgement on the genetics. Seedling are coming along nicely now

last time I attempted autos was 2019. Something called Moby Dick. It looked really crystally on one visit, the next visit it was a pile of mould 

so not holding my breath. These new autos sound good tho. Staggered yields with autos and semi autos hopefully means bit less frenzy when comes to harvest time sept and it starts raining… hopefully a load will be chopped end of July /Aug… yeah will see. At the mercy of the weather 

• Like 2

Moby dick was problem dinafem and tbh hear a lot of bad reviews on autos had a few stunt on me but over all I think there worth it even if it is just an early smoke I hate waiting till September October for bud find autos come in quick and before mold hits usually get a little bit but if you keep your eye on them they tend to be okay the acid kush auto from urban legends saved me I dident manage to get a plot going so no big plants :yinyang:

• Like 1

On 16/05/2022 at 5:45 PM, Ccs141 said:

never tried the gsc from rgsc

Yes well I read a review on them called ‘Outdoor strain review’ in the RGSC breeders section on here. By @Forestguy from last years season. (Not sure how to link other threads in yet).. well reading that made me want to try autos again as he rated the GSC auto’s and the yields sounded good in his review. On the RGSC website it says yield = High. So that perked my interest to. One part says ‘good for making extractions’ so dunno how good it tastes as bud. Guess it’s resinous. Forest guy seemed to rate it. Mentioning Sativa and Indica leaning Pheno’s. 

Forest Guy’s review also inspired my to order a couple of packs of Whitey Freeze to. I popped three seeds around Xmas and isolated a photoperiod Pheno (other two auto’ed). So I’m attempting to run the photoperiod cuts outside. Will see…

p.s put out my first batch of the Acid Kush & Gorilla Auto’s today mate.. got a few more to put out hopefully tomo… all on day 15..

Salute 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Erbman T said:

Yes well I read a review on them called ‘Outdoor strain review’ in the RGSC breeders section on here. By @Forestguy from last years season. (Not sure how to link other threads in yet).. well reading that made me want to try autos again as he rated the GSC auto’s and the yields sounded good in his review. On the RGSC website it says yield = High. So that perked my interest to. One part says ‘good for making extractions’ so dunno how good it tastes as bud. Guess it’s resinous. Forest guy seemed to rate it. Mentioning Sativa and Indica leaning Pheno’s. 

Forest Guy’s review also inspired my to order a couple of packs of Whitey Freeze to. I popped three seeds around Xmas and isolated a photoperiod Pheno (other two auto’ed). So I’m attempting to run the photoperiod cuts outside. Will see…

p.s put out my first batch of the Acid Kush & Gorilla Auto’s today mate.. got a few more to put out hopefully tomo… all on day 15..

Salute 

Whiteyfreeze photoperiod pheno..

large.20170924_130818_1506279353477_1.JPGlarge.20170924_130812_1506279354495_3.JPGlarge.20170924_130803_1506279355506_5.JPG

• Like 9

@Exile420yes bredda. 
what me waan see is how early it triggers and finishes and how cuts perform…. My indoor experiments with said clone seem to indicate early start and finish.. but there’s only one way for me to find out how it performs outdoors 

Lovely beasties Sir

Edited by Erbman T

Hi, I was looking around for different breeders and come across unicorn boys genetics, they do outdoor stuff. I seen they do some dfg crosses and few other interesting strains. 

Just wondering if anyone has grown any of there stuff. I just fired off a email to them for price/list. They only do regular seed, which interest me more as I'm looking to make my own seeds this year.