The Random Thread

whats_luring

large.1FAA22F7-9B2C-4285-8F3E-7DAAA6C5E127.jpeglarge.4728A0E7-F5EB-44FF-BA86-33747374B3DA.jpeglarge.4DFB00A3-8064-4034-804D-773A242C516F.jpeglarge.9190409B-F0C2-42B8-B609-A363A9E9651C.jpeglarge.CC0B2B38-9BE4-4A72-8B0A-04963CF18BF5.jpeglarge.0250CD47-0B0C-41D6-979A-D9DD44278FC6.jpeglarge.1EDD59D8-B30C-42DE-A3B3-C8095C8A48CF.jpeg
Whitey Freeze indoors at exactly 6 weeks today. So last time I cropped at 6 weeks with them from the same cut cause they looked done like these do judging by the tops. But this time they slightly bigger plants that has revealed a lot of fresh white stigmas in the lowers.. So maybe I took down a bit early last time, maybe they ripen top down…will see. But don’t think they gonna be too much longer. 
large.77BB8C92-E67A-41E7-B02A-5C24F22933F5.jpeg

These Whitey Cuts will be going out v soon.
large.03F69E51-AD27-49E8-AA47-0D6E509A8B38.jpeg

large.EBCD68C7-12A5-43F0-BAB6-DF0BA7E43DB9.jpeg

In fact a lot of cuts will be going out this Sunday (Full Moon) as I need to free up my mini tents to start semi auto seeds in the not too distant + give more room for my second wave of auto sproutlings

large.37EC8BD4-D828-48D4-AF88-B40097299DCF.jpeg

large.23271423-443F-4A98-B6BB-8FE627A309F8.jpeg

Missions….

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 5

@Erbman T how come u run the outdoor strains indoor do u take clones from the best ones you find and put them out or is it just to test them out before plant out nice buds btw :yinyang:

• Like 1

Well basically I only just got back into outdoor 2020. Only discovered RGSC and this website 2021.

Theres a number of reasons to answer your question. I see where your going I think, as I did take cuttings from my outdoor last year namely Malawi x NL x DFG, Royal Mazar & Mighty Gold. The Malawi was my best Guerrilla strain so im hoping to reap with it again this year. Also the other two strains will have a few cuts out to. So yeah defo makes sense to take cuts of ya best outdoors.. really wish I had more room for it though as you would have to take a cut of everything you put out and label them well to find what is the best, earliest to keep them and potentially selfie them I guess, I could really do with more room.

but yeah other reasons are. Seeing I do my smallish cupboard grows it would be good to find a few strains that are perfect for both indoors and outdoors. 

thirdly of course I’m just curious what they are like and wanna give em a run indoors to see what genetics I’m dealing with and if I like the bud

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 2

Nice man fair enough I'm trying the gorilla dawg this year for first time should be good tho rgsc never let down what's the royal mazar like wanted to try this for a while :skin_up:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ccs141 said:

Nice man fair enough I'm trying the gorilla dawg this year for first time should be good tho rgsc never let down what's the royal mazar like wanted to try this for a while :skin_up:

It’s been a lot of work to be fair. Keeping cuttings going, labelling etc. I do see the appeal of just planting from seed each spring and having a rest after harvest over the winter… I do enjoy it to but yeah been a ball ache. 

I’ve got a feeling these cuts might reveg a bit when I put em out cause I’m putting em out a bit early really. Another week or two or more on top would be better but just not got the room anymore plus they pot bound and don’t have the space to repot them. But I’m thinking even if they do reveg a bit it might not be so bad as I don’t want em to get too big if poss and should slow em down for a while … not ideal but my main focus is the seed grown which will be later plant outs

nice one I’m planing to put another order in soon and grab a few gorilla dawg freebie beans with it. Dunno if I will run it this year tho. Well interested by it tho. Be cool if you get some pics, details, dates etc. sounds like a strinker 

I really really like the bud from the Royal Mazar from what I’ve grown indoors. Really tasty smell. Bud is quite airy but nice when dry and cured. Quite hairy. Darker coloured bud but with reddish hairs. It’s not like a skunk smell. It’s a rich kinda spicy kinda smell. Afghani in there judging by the name. It’s a more musky old school kinda thing to me rather than skunky. I love it. I did grow it out last year and it was the second strain I cropped after the Malawi. Think it was like mid Sept if I remember. I did do a post in the ‘Random Guerrilla photos section’ at the time so that should show the exact date. It grew more bush like rather than being an aggressive upward stretcher. Ah was a couple auto runts from seed to. Now to be fair the dried outdoor grown Royal Mazar bud didn’t end up fully mature like when I’ve grown it indoors since from its cuttings. It smelt good and had quite a bit of frost and resin when it was live before I chopped it, but when I dried it it lost most of its smell even with a bit of cure. But i still found it quite strong. I think it coulda done with another couple weeks probably. I’d been nipping the mould out of it on a few visits already then a big rain was due so just decided to take it then.. might try and leave it longer this time. And it might flower a bit earlier being cuts. 

The main course for the season will be from my seeds though 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 2

On 07/05/2022 at 11:53 AM, Downsouth said:

Some lesser stealthy plots seem like a good idea at the time but when your are in the last few weeks and you got some bushy Christmas tree’s swaying in the wind with all the autumn colours.. they do stand out, especially when the trees won’t look much different a few inches growth maybee. Try a couple tho it wont hurt, win some loose some 

The thought was a few cheeky autos tbh.. shrubs are all about the place that are various heights so they will get lost with those id have thought :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 2

On 07/05/2022 at 1:48 PM, Clean Green said:

Sure no one’s clearing ‘weeds’ with strimmers or brash cutters ?  Other than that, it could be worth a few autos scattered about. 

Na dude.. they are recreating a forest that once was there before farmers used the land for crop.. they are just gonna let it run wild so its as natural as poss id have though.. they dug some big holes filled with water to create a wetlands in some parts.. the rest I think they will just let it go keeping the paths in order for folk to walk..

• Like 1

Left some tools hidden in and amongst small plants near one of the plots. Upon return, vegetation had exploded. It took me 20 minutes to find my spot that was “wide open”. It seemed like I was standing in a completely different place. Tools will be lost and probably rusty by next year. Cheap Poundland ones anyways. Had to laugh at myself tho, how could I not expect to lose them lol 

• Like 4

Found a bit of a hack for uploading pics on here

usually I have to offload them to my computer to resize in photoshop. (I know some use online resize’ers)

but anyway I’ve found if I take my pic of whatever, it’s too big to upload to the site straight from my phone like that but if I screenshot the pic after taking it, the screenshot of the origjnal pic uploads without having to do any resizing 

lower res pics … but might be a handy tip for anyone who has trouble … now I can upload em straight away without the fuckry 

p.s dunno if this works with all phones 

cheers y’all 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 5

Just now, AnonyMice said:

@Erbman T wow thanks for that. Can use various apps for resizing but it’s a hassle 

Yeah man. Hope it works for you

maybe I should put it up as a separate thread 

nice 1 

• Like 1

Hi first post here, but been a heavy duty lurker for years.

I'm wondering if anyone else having problems with fast skittles from rgs fully germinating?, the method iv used for years is in wet bog roll for 48hrs and normally get a nice fat tap root. I only got half of them to actually crack. 

Iv got some really old stock of dfg and fast diesel from when rgs first set up website, they have all germd with no problems. I've grown rgs stuff every year without issues.

3 hours ago, StumpMCgraff said:

Hi first post here, but been a heavy duty lurker for years.

I'm wondering if anyone else having problems with fast skittles from rgs fully germinating?, the method iv used for years is in wet bog roll for 48hrs and normally get a nice fat tap root. I only got half of them to actually crack. 

Iv got some really old stock of dfg and fast diesel from when rgs first set up website, they have all germd with no problems. I've grown rgs stuff every year without issues.

Why no photos bro?

Hi Stump. I had x3 come up (one was a mutant runt) after planting all x6 from a x6 pack of RGSC GSC auto in recent times. I mentioned it to RGSC as a comment on the order when I was putting another order in for other bits, and they kindly sent me x4 replacement GSC auto seeds (v kind to chuck one in for the runt lol). All 4 of the replacements germinated very fast.

I always germ straight in my soil personally, in little pots. Every now and then I get the odd few seeds here and there not germ from seed companies. I’ve had the odd one here and there from RGSC previously that didn’t. I usually take it in my stride as bad luck and don’t complain as seed companies can’t guarantee, as seeds are living things.. but I did mention this particular time as was half the pack didn’t come up…

Anyway I’ve got a 12 pack of Fast Zkittles not tried em yet.. so can’t comment on them particularly. 

Will say though RGSC are v sound and if your sure as can be it’s not something you done wrong your end, I’d imagine there’s a good chance they will replace them. 

Edited by Erbman T