The Random Thread

whats_luring

• 4 weeks later...

I am an indoor noob, having just grown from seed GG style. If a mate was to veg out some plants from seed under a 400 watt MH for 6 weeks how many cuts could roughly be taken from plants that age? Also reg seeds how soon can the genefinder method be used?

• Like 1

Iv just had some seeds show sex in 4 ish weeks 3 weeks under flouros weekish under 600,s

You might only get a few cuts of each if your lucky it's not a lot of veg from seed mine a 4 week age old and only really have the top growth to take really side branches are only just starting to get going.

• Like 1

so sounds like it would want to go 6 -8 weeks then. Ideally i would like 10 cuts per plant but 6 -8 is not bad...

Hey @ Loam Gnome, I think I'm in the same boat as you,bought loads of regs cause not many early strains available in femms-so hoping to sex plants indoors take a few clones to increase numbers and plant femms out. Keep males back in pots and maybe chuck some pollen come flower to avoid buying seed next year.

Ive no experience doing this but have been told most early strains show by 4 weeks under a 400watt, and around 5 weeks under a T5 at 18/6. Apparently they wont stunt when put outside like during may at 14-15 hours daylight. I was wondering if it would be worth putting clones of early strains out as they might not vedge to a decent size , but later photos should be ok. Cant find much info on cloning early outdoor stuff.

What strains u looking at? I am looking at some Canadian stuff, GG crosses Early Grape and Bluebonic x GG. Apparently they are okay under 18/6 and show arouind 4-5 weeks iunder 400 watt MH which i would use. But flipping to 12/12 to find sex is ill advised for those... Fimming or topping I m told can slow down the appearance of pre flowers but is desirable for creating clonable mums...

Loam I' understand you said your not as much of an indoor guy, however a basic 1 pot dwc System is very simple to run and I've found especially in veg it can offer 2-3x the growth rate than coco or compost, I loved it so much but my plant got so big I had to take it out as it wouldn't fit in my tent in the end haha ;) but after 6-8 week in one of those you could have taken maybe 30 good cuts and it would have been fine.

just a quick one, how FBB to use per hole when pre prepping? they should get visited often enough for a good feed but i want the soil loaded up initially. giving them pretty large holes, 20 Gal per plant but prob would just chuck a few hand fulls in each hole, turn it over with some compost an let it cool down for two months, or should i be thinking more along the lines of like 1-2 kg a hole (or would that be just too much and too hot for the roots?) but i guess that would depend on how often they are visited? obviously theyl get the small seedling soil patch first before the roots grow out into this stuff. noob question i know just not something iv seen specified too much, thanks guys and good fucking luck out there

stay safe

They sound like good big holes WG. Are you digging shallow and wide ? I'd probably just put a couple of closed handfulls of fbb but I'd b mixing it with chickens shit / Pellets and then vermicompost as well. If its just fbb then maybe 3 handfuls per hole might be okay but id not want to put 1kg or more even when it is a couple or 3 months before plant out time. I've had success by planting into a cooler and less ferted patch of soil and compost mix in the middle of the main mix with ferts in and as you say, this seems to get a good healthy start without the risk of seedlings being burned. Once the roots get into your feed rich soil , the plants seem to grow at an amazing pace. Its a good feeling when they start reaching for the sky and bushing up and when the stems start going woody. Best for wishes for a very green 2015

Yeah man shallow an wide, give the tap a bit of a head start but nothing strenuous :) thank you though that helps, didn't prep last year just fead on the run an got 1 auto to six an half feet! It went out 11 June though so had the best if it for veg I suppose. Thank you though