The Random Thread

whats_luring

Well they arrived fast like lightning.. says Fast Zkittles on the packet 

My mountain of Lemon Drizzle freebies is increasing..Chucked two in an indoor grow.. see how them do 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bfehillbilly said:

All it's showing now is Fast Cookies no Fast Zkittles on there at all are they already sold out @panik 

They should both be on there I’ll clear the cache 

• Like 1

On 20/01/2022 at 10:28 AM, LA LUNA said:

@Gaijin purkle #1’s a lovely variety if you do indoors !

large.42EE0C6E-B63C-4160-B790-AE7CFA82B094.jpeg

Lovely outdoors too but I would say late October to fully cook at lat 53.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

@Exile420 thats a big pot. I've done a kkfv mum in one about 200l and that got pretty big but the watering is a nightmare. Glad it got ripped lol

Blumats maybe?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ledgrowlights-Adam said:

@Exile420 thats a big pot. I've done a kkfv mum in one about 200l and that got pretty big but the watering is a nightmare. Glad it got ripped lol

Blumats maybe?

Got a local water source mate new spot middle of no were,  Mark is having them made mate, gonna do 2 huge girls in it maybe, see how it goes first.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

What does everyone do to reduce the damage from high winds at harvest?? 

I always thought non topped, pine tree shaped plants with a single bamboo stake, fared better after a storm. Wionder if anyone goes beyond this like build support etc?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Slippy One said:

I always thought non topped, pine tree shaped plants with a single bamboo stake, fared better after a storm. Wionder if anyone goes beyond this like build support etc?

She’d load of 6ft bamboos and zip ties :yep: 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Slippy One said:

always used tree stakes and rubber tree ties use them along the coast where winds are unbroken.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Slippy One said:

We got hit by the tail of a cyclone last week and it knocked over two of my plants and broke the stems on some of my other plants.  One plant that didn't receive any damage had two bamboo stakes supporting the main stem and garden wire tying the rest of the branches to the main stem.

All my plants have different types of support including large chicken wire cages, main stems tied to nearby trees or secured with garden wire and ground pegs.  The cyclone winds blew the plants so hard it ripped the pegs out of the ground, buckled the chicken wire cages, and pulled stems away from their bamboo support (Note to self: don't use garden wire to secure stems to bamboo).

Edited by Phillybonker
  • Like 1

It sure is getting rougher out there for growers on both sides of the equator. Used to be just bunny cages and hope for the best, now it's bunny cages, deer fences, pegs, beefy stakes, rubber ties...

Gotta say that anyone growing multi topped bushes will most likely need to erect scaffolding from now on. We've all had mad winds in the past, but I think we're all in for a shock this year. Hopefully my fears are proved wrong. :yep:

Xmas tree shaped plants - 6' Bamboo down the centre - add possible bracing, like a 45 degree stake is probably the best we can do. I'm planting fewer this year, so plan to really protect them from wind attacks. :D

• Like 3