The Random Thread

whats_luring

Just now, murphyblue said:

Top of the list for next years adventures insect repellent they have bitten lumps out of me this year.

Red zone Super mate, its for horses but it works the best and is exactly the same as a much more expensive one marketed for people. That or eat loads of garlic. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So the humidity has shot up since yesterday morning here.. My drying room stats are reading 19.2'C and 65% humidity!! :unsure: I did put some fresh weed in one of the boxes yesterday so partly due to that but not entirely, humidity is 80%+ outside. So.. Dilemma.. The full situation in the drying room is: 2 boxes full of weed that has been hanging for 7 or 8 days and is still going, drying nice and slow; one box with fresh weed in it. 

Options:

1. Open window, temp goes down, humidity goes up...!

2. Run dehumidifier, temp goes up, humidity goes down...! 

3. Leave as is.. Feels risky with fresh plants in one box... 

What would y'all do? 

Is it possible to just run the dehum to cutoff at 60%? That should keep the temps down. Are you certain there's no mould already? I feel my stalks that already have mould, will fuzz up no matter what you do. The best way to avoid fuzzy stalks is mould free sticks to begin with. Should be fine at 65% really.. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Are you certain there's no mould already?

99.999%. Once the weed is in my hands it's hard not to obsess about making sure it crosses the line, I have a meticulous attention to detail (aka. OCD lol).. 

54 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Is it possible to just run the dehum to cutoff at 60%?

Yes, but it produces A LOT of heat this thing. Temps spike up to 22'C+ with window shut in less than an hour, just tested lol 

Looks like @B-real I'll try opening the windows top floor and running dehumidifier but not sure how low it'll get the humidity like that.. 

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been discussed already so apologies if that's the case, but has anyone grown Serious 7 this year? I know S6 isn't to everyone's taste for varying reasons (weak branches, potency etc) but I can't not put a few out every year as they always deliver for me. 

Anyway just had a ganders on their site and they are/were giving 2 promo freebie S7's away with a pack of S6.. 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 4:33 PM, Lively said:

Not sure if this has been discussed already so apologies if that's the case, but has anyone grown Serious 7 this year? I know S6 isn't to everyone's taste for varying reasons (weak branches, potency etc) but I can't not put a few out every year as they always deliver for me. 

Anyway just had a ganders on their site and they are/were giving 2 promo freebie S7's away with a pack of S6.. 

Yeah man. I spoke to the owners and got a pack of 10 for next year.  S7 sounds good. 

• Like 2

Apparently the Serious 7 is a pheno without the red hairs which produces bigger nugs the Serious 6 . I just harvested my S6 and the buds were like baby heads . So S7 is going to be mint :)

• Like 5

Yeah @Tommy tucker their website said it's more uniform and essentially the earlier finishing white pheno, but also with less smell and more resin. So hopefully earlier finishing and more potent, sounds good to me :)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, say I have 5 gorilla auto seeds I do not want to care for and just throw as seeds in the wild, step on them a little and come back rarely to check on them but no care. What would be the earliest I should do it? What temperatures? I don't really care if it fails or gives me a bad yield, but I would like to try and see if any makes it to maturity and gives any yield that way. No fertilizer, in soil that might be nutritive or a bit too humid/acidic. There's a stream next to the spot, and plenty of brambles in the area. The soil is a bit muddy but I'll pick a spot that doesn't seem too humid either and there's a bunch of sand in the soil composition. I've also spotted some minor clay deposits in that stream. Any advice would be appreciated. I won't sprout indoors, I won't dig, I won't use fertilizer, I won't water and I won't prune.

Edited by Sog1337