The Random Thread

whats_luring

On 18/08/2021 at 5:32 PM, Ch@ppers said:

I actually Strimmed some down earlier today, wish I had taken a photograph of it now :ninja:

large.Screenshot_20210820_165736.jpglarge.Screenshot_20210820_165802.jpg

• Like 5

Checked my cornfields out this weekend not so good put over a hundred out in three different fields and only have nine still alive and they ain't much between the drought and the deer my season is not looking good oh well try again next year 

• Like 2

@bfehillbilly that's a damn shame, hopefully the few remaining can hang in there for you. I've been using Grazers G1 for a few seasons now, its a rabbit, deer and pigeon deterant and seems to work well. I've got signs of deer activity all around my plot but so far no sign of them going for my girls. The real test is obviously when they're fully in flower, there's a lot more deer about this year, so if I get to harvest without any issues I think the G1 will have proven itself. Just one tip, make sure you fully harden them off before spraying them as it can scorch young/tender leaves which is enough to completely stop an auto in its tracks. 

For anyone who's afraid of botrytis check out bacillus subtilis. Foliar feed once a week a mixture of bacillus subtilis containing product and some molasses and one can sleep sound on a cold and rainy autumn night.

• Like 3

Interesting, just had a little gander at controlled tests with berries using B. subtilis to prevent Botrytis forming on the berries, very effective it seems.. Maybe time to do some control tests this season still with a couple plants.

• Like 2

Thanks MindSoup but I think the deer got them shortly after planting them I saw where they had been eating on the corn while planting and believe they decided to have some young cannabis plants as a side dish 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Forestguy said:

For anyone who's afraid of botrytis check out bacillus subtilis. Foliar feed once a week a mixture of bacillus subtilis containing product and some molasses and one can sleep sound on a cold and rainy autumn night.

Interesting indeed, i see in a video a dude eating the grapes from the bush that has been treated, and it seems people ingest Bacillus subtilis as a health product, sold in tablets on the e Bay, so led me on to the thought how safe could the smoke of it be, turns out from my research that it is one of the addatives used in tobacco....!?

It said "microbial preparation for tobacco, and a preparation method and an application thereof, which belong to the technical field of additives for tobacco.", soooo it is being smoked already, i would like to know if the smoke from bacillus subtilis is potentially carconogenic but as its a non-residue-leaving substance im guessing its ok, but thats just guess work, but if it keeps mold away it has got to be better than burning mold spores that connot be seen, even though grey mold does not contain Mycotoxins it is still not good to smoke of course.

The article mentioned it also breaks down the gas in tobacco making it much more of a pleasure to smoke, that make me tink about the chlorophyll gas in our ganja, sounds like Bacillus subtilis could potentially help with curing ganja, the art of cure is to slowly release moisture and the gases from the chlorophyll breakdown etc, a little bit of Bacillus subtilis in the curing jar too i wonder??

This is new to me, but i feel this needs to be look at very closly by our outdoor growing community, if it is indeed safe and effective it could well help us outdoor growers live longer and a safer life free from mold inhalation, in other words... a break through! We need a break-through in this country.

Envii Foundation contains it, but it is applied to the roots protecting them from harmful pathogens, but it does not act as a systemic i don't tink, i don't know if this bacteria is capable of working as a systemic but that would be the ideal and best way. From what i gather, as a external spray on the buds it would have to be soaked deep into the buds which in a way contradicts keeping your buds dry, i trust this stuff would fight away the mold spores but it just the thought of drenching the buds deep inside where the mold begins seems a little... daring or stupid, ain't sure which!

@Forestguy have you had experience with this bacteria if so please do tell. It sounds like a safe and healthy option, more than anyting i have seen or tried.

Bless Up for posting an interesting ting such as this bacillus subtilis heads up large.ras_thankyou_thumb.gif

• Like 3

Ps @Forestguy  I am affraid of..... mr. botrytis the mad mold monster.... we all are large.ras_eek.gif

large.large.jpg

He's worse than the boogie man! He hides in your lungs not under your bed!!

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 7

Check out bayer serenade fungicide. I tried it on few different plant species susceptible to fungal diseases and so far I can say that it's effective against downy/powdery mildew and botrytis. Nowadays with all sorts of residue in our environment and in things we consume I do not believe that cultivated soil bacteria would cause any more harm. But curing with it... more research is required...

• Like 1

reading around a few sites i also see you can use (potassium silicate) ive not looked into it so could be the same thing with a different name from another country. but again you foliar spray your plants once a week to help stop rot

• Like 2

Wee at the base of your plants and give them a light spray of fresh wee.Best to to this early on a dry but not sunny morning works wonders and it’s natural.Make sure you are well hydrated and you will keep the rot from ripping through your plot.Think about all the time you put in and to think a spray of wee can work wonders good luck.peace goohfy.

Went for a green crack auto that went to 120 days earlier, it’s come in looking lovely and dense and may make the magic oz mark (magic for an outdoor auto) whilst on plot, I noticed that one of the birches I ring barked in the early spring had come down narrowly missing my perimeter fence. Must have been a bit keen with the pruning saw lol  The other one is still up with shrivelled looking leaves letting more light in. Hopefully that might hit the deck over winter. Going to try raking leaves and layering a load of them over the whole bed after a dig and feed in the autumn. 

• Like 1