The Random Thread

whats_luring

thanks for the reply's guys. it would be interesting if you guys run a competition on here next year to see who could grow the biggest plant. ive not grown in a while myself last year there was a travel ban. this year it was off and on with happening. and we still dont know when we be back to normal. so i never bothered. but next year i be up for a challenge if we back to normal and if you thinking of running a competition on here. to grow just one big plant. ferret

8 hours ago, the ferret said:

thanks for the reply's guys. it would be interesting if you guys run a competition on here next year to see who could grow the biggest plant. ive not grown in a while myself last year there was a travel ban. this year it was off and on with happening. and we still dont know when we be back to normal. so i never bothered. but next year i be up for a challenge if we back to normal and if you thinking of running a competition on here. to grow just one big plant. ferret

I always just try and grow 1 big one ;)

12 hours ago, the ferret said:

run a competition on here next year to see who could grow the biggest plant

Could be fun, could do different categories, garden/GG, height, width, overall yield etc. Start them off early indoors, might be a bit sketchy trying to get big plants to a plot mind.

• Like 4

im back and fore on here to see how everyone's doing and i hope you guys pull off a great grow this year. another mini heat wave coming in this month so theres another boast to your plants. a drop of rain at the moment will do them the world of good. but im up for a challenge of one big one next year. mindsoup thats a good idea about different categories. but overall height width and yield i be interested in. ferret

• Like 1

Havent been to any of my sites in about 2 weeks now, I've got hardly any cages and I've not used any pellets and Its put the fear of god in me tbh lads :pitchfork: so I've pulled out the bag of freebies from tude and rgsc and I've germerd the lot :badass: I'm gonna check up tommrow and fingers crossed things are good! I've got a load of cages pre cut ready to take up aswell,if I dont have to replace anything then I'm gonna have some sore fingers by the end of october :bong: I hope everyone is smashing it and not on the late runs like me!!! 

• Like 2

Its been a week and I've finally managed to get down and check everything and things are looking good so far,I've lost about 10% to what I'm not sure just mother nature doing her bit! I had a weird feeling they were all gonna be gone with no cages or pellets but its all good not even a dear print in sight!

I GAVE MY WORD.I GOT IT DONE.

I I managed to put all my freebies in the ground aswell I thought I was gonna be in for a shock with hardly any alive but now I've got more than I thought I would have :badass: hope everyone is killing it!

• Like 6

Put my last ones in the ground this morning everything is in corn fields this year it's a numbers game usually have a lot of casualties hope to come away with something 

• Like 2

Someone picked the wrong spot, 

Might of have a better chance if they were tucked in corner! 

large.Screenshot_20210719-104118_Facebook.jpg

• Like 5

On 01/07/2021 at 7:26 PM, TheWailingOne said:

You've basically described Purple Maroc.

It's a bit old skool now, it was a very popular strain 8-10 years ago. I don't see many people around these parts growing it anymore.

An acquaintance of mine pulled 17oz from a single plant (well it was more of a tree) about ten years ago. Was an incredible all round strain.

I grew them out last season mate..

They was huge...large.20200817_201454_compress56.jpglarge.20200817_201433_compress98.jpg

• Like 13

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of berries means lots of botrytis :unsure: although it also means lots of wild blackberry jam :yinyang:

• Like 2

HIMALAYAN BALSAM!!!

Went to check on one of my sites and it's been found,im abit annoid but now I kno to not go there next year so I got something out of it! 

Found out the whole area is infested with Himalayan balsam,an invasive species and the owners of the fields must go around the outskirts quite often to remove it.

About a week ago a few feilds up in the same bit of area I noticed piles of purple weeds all around the outskirts and a huge clearing and thought they could come further up to were I am and they did! Bastards lol.

I didn't know what the pants could be as it wasn't knot weed,hogweed or ragwort! 

So guys be warey of the HIMALAYAN BALSAM it does gets cleaned up between june-september. Look out for piles of dead weeds that look man made! 

Edited by whats_luring
  • Like 2

Just now, whats_luring said:

HIMALAYAN BALSAM!!!

Went to check on one of my sites and it's been found,im abit annoid but now I kno to not go there next year so I got something out of it! 

Found out the whole area is infested with Himalayan balsam,an invasive species and the owners of the fields must go around the outskirts quite often to remove it.

About a week ago a few feilds up in the same bit of area I noticed piles of purple weeds all around the outskirts and a huge clearing and thought they could come further up to were I am and they did! Bastards lol.

I didn't know what the pants could be as it wasn't knot weed,hogweed or ragwort! 

So guys be warey of the HIMALAYAN BALSAM it does gets cleaned up between june-september. Look out for piles of dead weeds that look man made! 

I actually Strimmed some down earlier today, wish I had taken a photograph of it now :ninja:

Can some kind folks show me what stage their fast diesel is at kindly.  Asking for a friend.

R.G.S.C.

Current pics appreciated whatever the lattitude or attitude.

Mention me in your reply if you can.

Need a wee comparison.

Really appreciate any input.

Outdoor any latitude, any current pics.

Please post and mention me.

;)

Thanks lads.