The Random Thread

whats_luring

23 hours ago, murphyblue said:

Here's a question for everybody who has grown outdoors.

If you could put out one plant already a large bush in the hope of getting a tree what would it be????

Would need to be a photo good mould resistance and would need to finish sept early oct.

Maybe a question best answered in oct but u must have done one plant that sticks in the memories when u thought i wish it was bigger come cropping.

Never to early to make plans for next year. lol

You've basically described Purple Maroc.

It's a bit old skool now, it was a very popular strain 8-10 years ago. I don't see many people around these parts growing it anymore.

An acquaintance of mine pulled 17oz from a single plant (well it was more of a tree) about ten years ago. Was an incredible all round strain.

• Like 1

Just now, TheWailingOne said:

I don't see many people around these parts growing it anymore.

It was an early finisher, big yield, nice smell, rubbish high. Might be different now, but mellow buzz at best, left me wanting more.. Don't get me started on Easy Sativa... lol

I remember years back a guy did some kc brains Mangos (iircs) in huge pots in his garden, absolute trees!! Can anyone remember who ? Start early, under lights, plant it in a huge hole as early as possible, feed it loads, you'll get a monster with many a  photo strain, DFGby Real Gorilla looks to get pretty huge.

Edited by MindSoup

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

I remember years back a guy did some kc brains Mangos (iircs) in huge pots in his garden, absolute trees!! Can anyone remember who ? Start early, under lights, plant it in a huge hole as early as possible, feed it loads, you'll get a monster with many a  photo strain, DFGby Real Gorilla looks to get pretty huge.

Mr mcgoo?

7 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Mr mcgoo?

No, it was a guy who left the forum after a disagreement, his plants were superb. 

Totally random but a friend in Cambodia sent me these pics overnight of a tiger wandering around his neighbourhood :doh:

large.IMG_20210702_073543.jpglarge.IMG_20210702_073524.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Don't get me started on Easy Sativa... lol

Trimmers after cleaning up an easy sat plot.The Female Seeds team had a booth at spannabis the last time we went, but they seem to have fallen out of favour in recent years. large.atta_024668_image_00D56D7FFE.jpeg.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Mr mcgoo?

I honestly have no clue, was a long time ago now, like 5-10 years, he had them hidden amongst a big garden structure, the stalks where like tree branches.

theres been some monsters on here over the years. i wonder if you vegged a plant till you got a good root mass in say a six litre pot so you got a really good head start. and you put it out at the start of may. how many litres of good quality earth would that one plant take up by the time it come to give it the chop say at the start of October. i know its like asking how longs a piece of string but im wondering just roughly if you wanted to grow just one big plant. im thinking 50 to 60 litres would be enough. i saw that old photo on here the other week of the Essex gold plant a guy had in his back garden in a pot and the pot was 35 litres and it was obviously root bound by the size of it and in full flower. ferret 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the ferret said:

theres been some monsters on here over the years. i wonder if you vegged a plant till you got a good root mass in say a six litre pot so you got a really good head start. and you put it out at the start of may. how many litres of good quality earth would that one plant take up by the time it come to give it the chop say at the start of October. i know its like asking how longs a piece of string but im wondering just roughly if you wanted to grow just one big plant. im thinking 50 to 60 litres would be enough. i saw that old photo on here the other week of the Essex gold plant a guy had in his back garden in a pot and the pot was 35 litres and it was obviously root bound by the size of it and in full flower. ferret 

A friend of mine did a huge tree in his garden, used a huge plastic bin,. about the size of an oil drum so 200L and it happily filled it with roots by the time it was finished, the guys out in California are using 1000 gallon fabric pots!

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 4

Its defo on my todo list for next year hopefully will be better organized than this year. lol

I have a few out in 15 gallon fabric pots that are doing well but to get to monster size will have to go really big i reckon.

Anyway wasn't thinking of putting her in a pot when she goes out was thinking straight in the ground in a pre-prepped plot of her own.

Couple of large squared metal cages like the americans use to spread her outwards should be piece of cake will be able to see her from space. lol

Would be a good idea for a comp for the outdoors "Grow your own tree" but as im poor prize would have to be your harvest. lol

Got until crimbo to decide i get bored easily and crimbo is the worst time 5 months before planting out though will be alright im sure. lol

• Like 2

On 07/05/2021 at 4:29 PM, tescoturnip said:

large.Screenshot_20210520_204648.jpg

This is somewhere around 350 - 400 litres I reckon, I lashed in dung that was too fresh for a seedling to handle this year but by next year should be good for another go at it. Layered it up starting with coir at the ground, used soil from an indoor grow, dung, woodland soil, more coir. 

large.Screenshot_20210522_191141.jpg

large.Screenshot_20210522_191208.jpg

large.Screenshot_20210522_191223.jpg

large.Screenshot_20210523_185708.jpg

large.Screenshot_20210523_190051.jpg

large.Screenshot_20210528_115123.jpg

large.Screenshot_20210601_202327.jpg

That little seedling didn't last long but should be better next year. I'd love to need a ladder to harvest a plant 

On 07/05/2021 at 4:29 PM, tescoturnip said:

• Like 6

11 hours ago, murphyblue said:

Would be a good idea for a comp for the outdoors "Grow your own tree"

Bit of a friendly comp on another forum for biggest plant.  Hoping this Timewarp S2 might stand a chance if she gets her skates on over next couple months...  

large.60e2075beb998_TimewarpS2.JPG

• Like 8

@Amarillo slim looking good so far.

I see it's got the electrical protection that you mentioned in an earlier post.  Be very interested to hear how that works out.  Here in the wet west slugs are a serious issue.

12 hours ago, hilbilly hifi said:

large.Screenshot_20210522_191141.jpg

large.Screenshot_20210522_191208.jpg

large.Screenshot_20210522_191223.jpg

large.Screenshot_20210523_185708.jpg

large.Screenshot_20210523_190051.jpg

large.Screenshot_20210528_115123.jpg

large.Screenshot_20210601_202327.jpg

That little seedling didn't last long but should be better next year. I'd love to need a ladder to harvest a plant 

That is a good swamp tube

• Like 3