The Random Thread

whats_luring

8 minutes ago, whats_luring said:

Just been to one of the sites and everything is overgrown to shoulder height and I could only find about 8 out of 50 odd plants in the ground I'm so annoid atm.... but things will be okay I'm not gonna let it do me over that easy. 

They've been out about 6 weeks and I stupidly thought they would be okay,the ones I found are about a foot tall and I've cut back all the vegetation surrounding them.

I'm pretty sure the rest are still live and just hiding away but this stuff dies back and collapses in August/September so all I can do is wait to see if any of them push up through everything and I can see them!!

Hope nobody has been overgrown!!!

On the bright side, if you can't find them chances are no one else will. 

• Like 2

Hello , is it possible to upload photos through TOR? if so i will start a diary. I am uploading normally on all sites, only on this site I have problems....

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought as GG we all need a large capacity rucksack so any recommendations ?????

Must be able to fit a 50L bag of compo and my wellies as a bare minimum.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

Just a thought as GG we all need a large capacity rucksack so any recommendations ?????

Must be able to fit a 50L bag of compo and my wellies as a bare minimum.

Army issue Bergen , you can add side pouches if you want

On it’s own in the main compartment I have had 120 litre bag of verve from b&q and the same size Homebase bag years back so a 50l will fit in with plenty of space.

• Like 2

On 13/06/2021 at 5:04 PM, murphyblue said:

any recommendations ?????

A website called EMP sell a rucksack called the Big Loader or something for £25 inc. postage. It's an 80L main compartment with 25L bottom compartment and 7L side compartments. Can cut through the bottom of the main compartment to open it up into one large 100L+ compartment. It's a solid rucksack too. I've used it for 2 years lugging soil/water/camping gear around, dragging it through bramble tunnels etc. I did stitch up some stitching that came undone on 2 smaller compartments but that was because I stuff every pocket until it's almost bursting when I go camping. It's a right bargain!

• Like 3

@murphyblue +1 on the army issue bergen.. you won't beat these dude.. the 120ltr with removable side pockets is perfect.. doubt you will find much better and stronger than this.  Flea Bay have them.  Payed about £35 for mine as was a grade 1 so in great nick... they got a metal cage in them so make sure thats there as some come without.  This really helps when carrying a heavy load.. there the bollocks why I never bought 1 before god knows!!

Edited by Revive
  • Like 4

Shout out to rgsc just popped a load of dfg and greengolds and they have all cracked before the es and there always first every time! 

Been sat here killing my brain over how to move cages to a certain site without making them on site and spending hours ripping my hands apart so I thought to myself.....I can cut out the sections at home then fold them in half and flatten them,I've made quite a few and can squeeze in more than enough In an average sized hiking rucksack! Dont kno if anyone else does this??

Edited by whats_luring
  • Like 7

On 16/06/2021 at 1:02 PM, Revive said:

@murphyblue +1 on the army issue bergen.. you won't beat these dude.. the 120ltr with removable side pockets is perfect.. doubt you will find much better and stronger than this.  Flea Bay have them.  Payed about £35 for mine as was a grade 1 so in great nick... they got a metal cage in them so make sure thats there as some come without.  This really helps when carrying a heavy load.. there the bollocks why I never bought 1 before god knows!!

Brings back bad memories of the army though..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonnybigballs said:

Brings back bad memories of the army though..

I'm sure you had many a good memory in the army too? Why not look at it in a more positive way and let it remind you of those :yep:

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Revive said:

I'm sure you had many a good memory in the army too? Why not look at it in a more positive way and let it remind you of those :yep:

I was being sarcastic lol 10 mile tabs in the pissing down rain are a bit different to gg, the best times were on the piss with lads

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jonnybigballs said:

I was being sarcastic lol 10 mile tabs in the pissing down rain are a bit different to gg, the best times were on the piss with lads

lol

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a question for everybody who has grown outdoors.

If you could put out one plant already a large bush in the hope of getting a tree what would it be????

Would need to be a photo good mould resistance and would need to finish sept early oct.

Maybe a question best answered in oct but u must have done one plant that sticks in the memories when u thought i wish it was bigger come cropping.

Never to early to make plans for next year. lol