The Random Thread

whats_luring

Got 6 seeds.. 3 x RGS DFG and 3 x Durban Poison.

First time guerrilla. When and where should I be starting the seeds? Now? End of April? Windowsill or mini GH?

Guidance is much appreciated. Want this to be the best it can be.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GuerrillaGoo said:

Got 6 seeds.. 3 x RGS DFG and 3 x Durban Poison.

First time guerrilla. When and where should I be starting the seeds? Now? End of April? Windowsill or mini GH?

Guidance is much appreciated. Want this to be the best it can be.

Personally I would get them beans wet right away! (I'm at lat 51 with average last frost date in April, my beans are in soil now..) With some luck they'll all be up out of soil in 3-5 days, then you've got a couple weeks to see 'em through to May, when, depending on your Latitude, they'll be ready to go out. 

You'll get leggy plants on the windowsill no doubt, but you'll have a hard time keeping temps up outside in a "mini GH"; which I'm assuming is one of the plastic cover jobbies. For me, I don't mind them a bit leggy and I opt for the windowsill, or rather in front of the south facing double glazed doors.

I've got 3 Kushty that I started in Feb, on the windowsill, as an experiment. They look just fine, no sign of early flowers, not even that leggy; happy looking plants all round I'd say. Did this as I can't get the bloody Kushty to finish before Christmas lol with some luck maybe this is the year for that Kushty to mature! 

Best of luck Guerillas! The game is on!

HFM

:skin_up:

• Like 2

On 14/04/2021 at 6:36 PM, HullFeltMashematician said:

Personally I would get them beans wet right away! (I'm at lat 51 with average last frost date in April, my beans are in soil now..) With some luck they'll all be up out of soil in 3-5 days, then you've got a couple weeks to see 'em through to May, when, depending on your Latitude, they'll be ready to go out. 

You'll get leggy plants on the windowsill no doubt, but you'll have a hard time keeping temps up outside in a "mini GH"; which I'm assuming is one of the plastic cover jobbies. For me, I don't mind them a bit leggy and I opt for the windowsill, or rather in front of the south facing double glazed doors.

I've got 3 Kushty that I started in Feb, on the windowsill, as an experiment. They look just fine, no sign of early flowers, not even that leggy; happy looking plants all round I'd say. Did this as I can't get the bloody Kushty to finish before Christmas lol with some luck maybe this is the year for that Kushty to mature! 

Best of luck Guerillas! The game is on!

HFM

:skin_up:

Cheers mate appreciate it - put them in some paper towel today.

• Like 1

Alright boys and girls I’ve got a question for you all :yep: found a perfect spot but the spot has previously been used by a fellow guerrilla grower if I was to guess it was maybe 7 years ago due to the grow litter that’s there, the question being would you take advantage of this spot with perfect soil or leave it to maybe never be used again 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, lofthatchfarms said:

Alright boys and girls I’ve got a question for you all :yep: found a perfect spot but the spot has previously been used by a fellow guerrilla grower if I was to guess it was maybe 7 years ago due to the grow litter that’s there, the question being would you take advantage of this spot with perfect soil or leave it to maybe never be used again 

How can you be sure it was that long ago and not last year? 
biggest thing is mate is if you feel comfortable with it ,

if it was me I’d stay clear all together or I’d put a couple plants there that I’m not bothered about and see what happens so you know for next year 

• Like 3

@lofthatchfarms it really depends on what graft your gonna have to put into getting it up and running.. if your gonna break your bollocks and you are gonna depend on it being a success then wipe my mouth and walk away from it..

If there is signs of human traffic by potential grow spots then you shouldn't be growing there.. in this case its other growers.. who is to say they won't return at some point while looking to go again and find signs that you are in the process of using it.. they may let it be and come back for your crop once its ready.. id look for somewhere new dude.. this game is once a year so keeping as much of the odds in our favour is a must as far as im concerned..there is already so much that is out of our hands with regards to it being successful so why tempt fate :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, UKGrow3r said:

How can you be sure it was that long ago and not last year? 
biggest thing is mate is if you feel comfortable with it ,

if it was me I’d stay clear all together or I’d put a couple plants there that I’m not bothered about and see what happens so you know for next year 

The growth that had took place there gives me reason to believe it hasn’t been used in some time everything was completely covered by high nettles including a rusty old rake that definitely hadn’t been moved  in years, I agree it’s a risk but what isn’t with this game :yep: the only reason for wanting to test the waters is the ground is perfect so it’s an easy one to just Chuck some plants down with no prep

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Revive said:

@lofthatchfarms it really depends on what graft your gonna have to put into getting it up and running.. if your gonna break your bollocks and you are gonna depend on it being a success then wipe my mouth and walk away from it..

If there is signs of human traffic by potential grow spots then you shouldn't be growing there.. in this case its other growers.. who is to say they won't return at some point while looking to go again and find signs that you are in the process of using it.. they may let it be and come back for your crop once its ready.. id look for somewhere new dude.. this game is once a year so keeping as much of the odds in our favour is a must as far as im concerned..there is already so much that is out of our hands with regards to it being successful so why tempt fate :yinyang:

The only reason I want to utilise the plot is the lack of work mate it’s a nice south facing nettle patch and the ground is perfect, as I’ve got other plots that are more Secure I think just throwing a couple here to see what happens is worth the risk :yep:  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, lofthatchfarms said:

The only reason I want to utilise the plot is the lack of work mate it’s a nice south facing nettle patch and the ground is perfect, as I’ve got other plots that are more Secure I think just throwing a couple here to see what happens is worth the risk :yep:  

If this is the case, why not.. as I said if its relied upon to bring home the bacon I wouldn't..  as you say you got other plots so throw a couple in... good test to bang it out for next season if there untouched :yep:

• Like 1

A handy little tip but don't tell anyone. lol

One of the german discount stores beginning with the letter "L" throws away the pots that the cut flowers are in.

Not sure how many ltrs but they are 10" high and the diameter at the top is also 10" with no holes in the bottom.

Managed to get my hands on some and just cut out the bottoms as where they are going is a bit swampy.

• Like 6

Had got a new pair of cheap waders and was en route to MY swamp this morning to do a few bits and bobs only to discover a 40 tonne digger clearing the banks of the reed beds, absolute disaster, the sinking feeling in my stomach was something like I'd imagine catching your missus in bed with your mate would feel, had thought this was going to be a lifetime plot and year on year I'd improve my technique of growing here but no that puts an abrupt end to that dream. To relieve some frustration I went and cleared brambles from a different spot for the day then, not ideal territory kind of woodland area but gets nice sun and a bag of lime and some imported soil should do a bit for it. 

large.Screenshot_20210422_172424.jpglarge.Screenshot_20210422_172459.jpg

Edited by hilbilly hifi
add pics
  • Like 15

@hilbilly hifi Gutted on the loss mate but onwards and upwards, a nice new plot to work on now! I remember the feeling well, that sinking feeling.. Lost a plot last year in similar circumstances.. My adrenal system kicked in like a mule when I spotted the digger and workers, I was dizzy and heavy and dropped into a crouch but then all of a sudden sprung up as agile as a cat lol never moved so well through the bush, silent and swift was my exit. 

• Like 6

@hilbilly hifi fuk that's a shame man.. I feel your pain.. sounds like that was your bread and butter plot and you'd had it for a while.. I guess there's is a lesson for us all in this that anything can happen even at the most secluded spots..

New plot looks good man... hope it works out ok for you bud.. peace:yinyang:

• Like 1

If a helicopter was taking photos, would the camera it used have a flash?.... I had a helicopter come over the top of my plot the other day, it was pretty low but not scary low, just I could hear it approaching real loud like. I scarpered to the edge of the plot and hid my bare skin (it was a nice sunny day..), crouched down half in the bush.. I was looking straight at the thing, then it flashed at me, real bright. I couldn't figure out if it was a sun reflection, it seemed unlikely but my judgement of angles after smoking a couple blunts is probably a little (waay) off lol I'm thinking, why would it need a flash..? But.. Can't shake the thought that there might be a high res photo of me in my plot looking right at the camera... :unsure: Anyone any idea?

• Like 2