The Random Thread

whats_luring

10 hours ago, MindSoup said:

And they're not particularly bad are they, I think most people just feel a bit rough and need a good lie down. 

they can kill you if you very young old or got a medical condition. but my mate who works in a hospital was telling me the anti venom injection makes you feel worst than the bite itself

Just now, the ferret said:

they can kill you if you very young old or got a medical condition. but my mate who works in a hospital was telling me the anti venom injection makes you feel worst than the bite itself

Yeah still not a pleasant experience I'm sure. Never been lucky enough to see a snake in the UK

plenty down a certain area by me a guy breeds them in the local university and sets them free. most years people get bit but rarely is it fatal. just before this pandemic a woman surfer got bit on the foot by one in a local car park. and i remember a dog getting bit but that died. that was on a coastal path. but i just had a read up on them and i think only 14 people have died in the last hundred years. more have died though bee stings. ive seen quite a few down by me and in certain areas they got signs up asking people to stick to the paths.     

• Like 1

On 09/03/2021 at 2:00 PM, murphyblue said:

And so it begins. lol

Up with the birds this morning and dropped off 3 x 40l blocks of coco to last years auto plot could only fit 3 in as i needed my wellies to get to plot.

Putting 8 plants there this year 6 of rgsc exo gold bx1 and 2 red manderine if they pop.

As i built the plot from scratch last year if i want bigger plants i need to add more bulk so each plant is gonna get a 40l block each so thats at least 2 more trips them blocks are heavy.

Going to add more top soil from nearby and a couple of bags of compo if my back will take it.

Also went out on weekend and visited last years plot where we had the bubbas gift which did ok to be fair so opened it out a bit more and will put the malawi x nl x dfg fems (3 freebies from rgsc).

We havent visited the "beast" plot yet but all being well theres 6 purple freeze bx1 going there bushes this year no trees. lol

We have another plot this year reserved for 6 serious 6 fems (mate wouldnt have regs) which i havent bought yet.

I've loads more i want to do but its finding the plots and im getting old. lol

Yep those aching bones lol sounds like you are putting the graft in man..im looking forward to the purple freeze too this season.. aswell as the serious 6..best get cracking soon, done a bit but not nearly enough.:yinyang:

• Like 1

On 24/03/2021 at 11:11 AM, MindSoup said:

And they're not particularly bad are they, I think most people just feel a bit rough and need a good lie down. 

Knew a guy who picked one up mistaking it for a grass snake, bit on the hand, his arm swelled up, he was vomiting, a couple of days in hospital and he was right as rain :yinyang: seen a few King cobra in the wild, a species to be avoided :unsure:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

seen a few King cobra in the wild,

Thats one of my dreams, where abouts ?

Hey guys I have a few seeds including some special for guerilla and while I do not want to go all out on organizing a grow (i cant find a perfect spot/soil combo in my region) I thought I'd sow them in the wild and check on them later to see what happens. My question is, what would be the best time to do this? I live near the Channel climate wise.

Edited by Sog1337
spelling

Sow into starter pots from late april through to end of may. Plant out at a 2-3 weeks old (autos as early as possible).

Edited by MindSoup

On 11/02/2021 at 1:20 PM, Revive said:

Hey dudes and dudettes.. just thought I'd share this for anyone interested in a decent knife/tool sharpener... bought this to keep my machete and sickle sharp when hacking out my plots in a month or so.. tried it on some very blunt carving ,and fillet knifes, my god this lil tool is the bizz.. rated no1 in the States.  So for anyone interested get on 1 of these..:yep:

large.20210211_122739_compress77.jpg

Whatever you do don't put it down when you're at your plot. I swear this is why they make this stuff camo so you loose the cunting thing and have to buy another.

• Like 3

Just now, NezA said:

Whatever you do don't put it down when you're at your plot. I swear this is why they make this stuff camo so you loose the cunting thing and have to buy another.

lollol gonna put the fuker on a bungee cord and tie it to myself.. should have got an illuminous yellow 1 :doh:

• Like 3

On 25/03/2021 at 3:57 PM, MindSoup said:

Philippines and used to see them in HK at times. 

On 25/03/2021 at 3:57 PM, MindSoup said:

Coincidentally my mate in Cambodia sent me this yesterday, found a cobra Slough in his utilities room :yinyang:large.IMG_20210330_124134.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ch@ppers said:

Coincidentally my mate in Cambodia sent me this yesterday, found a cobra Slough in his utilities room :yinyang:large.IMG_20210330_124134.jpg

Yowsa that would wake you up in the morning. 

Them 40l coco blocks from wilko are good value at £3 each but they are heavy just picked up another 3 and a couple of boxes of spud fert and there was no way i was walking back so phoned the mrs. lol

Anyway these 3 will be the last ones going to last years auto plot so that will be 320l of coco gone on there this year alone.

Want to add a couple of bags of compo and add more topsoil from near by bung down my ferts and ready for mid may.

• Like 7

Has anybody used grow bag planters before i spotted them while browsing and they look perfect for a GG.

The ones i seen had holes on the top for beansticks which would come in handy for a bit of training and support.

Plus i can see advantages to having 2 walls the slugs and snails would have to get over and a moat can slugs swim ? lol