The Random Thread

whats_luring

On 04/02/2021 at 9:51 AM, Jack010 said:

Went to the two plots which loose sun in September due to tree line to cut down some trees

Gets there and all the way along the rail side had been chopped down along with most the trees

i was buzzing, thought I can put photos along with the 26 autos I bought for these plots as it will have loads of sun in September now

climbs over two walls with about 40kg of gear and my bike to find tractor path straight through the plots

gutted as the soil is amazing 

two plots down now 

Fuker that is bro.. that just happ to me. The plot i was planning where I found the big mound of soil is gonna be a no go I think, had everything going for it literally. Yesterday I jumped the big fence to take a look and found plenty of footprints very close by. Also a small part of another small fence the briges the big fence had visible signs of it being climbed over so u think I will prob leave that 1 now.. only just fuking found it so pretty pissed about that man :yinyang:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Revive said:

Is that 1 big brick or loads of small ones bro?

They are bigger bricks says on back to add 16 ltr's water if i remember right from last year the small ones u add 4 ltr's.

I invested in a bigger rucksack this year and could get 4 of these in it easy.

These and more of them will go to last years auto plot where this year i want to put 6-8 photos.

I built the plot from scratch last year taking some nice soil from near by it was when i finished 18-20 inches in depth but with the welsh weather and my fat feet i reckon it has compressed down.

The plot itself is a good one all day sun and well out of the way of footpaths and is a bitch to get to.

These will add a lot of bulk to the plot quickly and save me a lot of digging.

• Like 1

On 04/02/2021 at 0:51 PM, murphyblue said:

Any idea when poundshop start selling them coco bricks want to add a lot of bulk to last years auto plot as i want to put photos there this year.

Figured if i add 20 to 30 blocks plus then add more soil from close by it will save me shitloads of digging. lol

Think that's the name of the game this year.. it can be alot of hard work depending on the approach taken when getting plots ready.. I have a lil idea for this season to really cut down my work so will be sharing this later once the season starts.. still trying to find 1 or more decent plots as there will be a bit more variety this year. Couple of small plots that can house say 4 or 5 max.. been looking but its still a bit early to make a decision on if there viable or not, we shall see once everything greens up a lil in a month or so.. be lucky mate :yep:

Whilst popping to the shops earlier i spotted a pile of stuff someone was chucking out a good amount of that foil backed stuff think its used under wooden flooring.

So i grabbed it well anyway there was some inch thick stuff there also so means i have a nice steel cab coming midweek i am now awaiting the cover of darkness to go grab that. lol

I have turned into a womble and i have reclaimed these. lol

Sheets are roughly 800 x1150 x25 and grabbed 6 of them not sure how much on the roll and the folded up stuff but there's a lot.

Should have plenty got a new double door steel cabinet coming midweek plan is an internal wooden framework might do a little build diary.

One mans shit and all that . lol 

large.DSCN2999.JPG

Yo @Dodgee could this be that "i am" stuff again i wished for insulation and insulation appeared sort of thing. lol

• Like 8

Hey dudes and dudettes.. just thought I'd share this for anyone interested in a decent knife/tool sharpener... bought this to keep my machete and sickle sharp when hacking out my plots in a month or so.. tried it on some very blunt carving ,and fillet knifes, my god this lil tool is the bizz.. rated no1 in the States.  So for anyone interested get on 1 of these..:yep:

large.20210211_122739_compress77.jpg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Revive said:

Hey dudes and dudettes.. just thought I'd share this for anyone interested in a decent knife/tool sharpener... bought this to keep my machete and sickle sharp when hacking out my plots in a month or so.. tried it on some very blunt carving ,and fillet knifes, my god this lil tool is the bizz.. rated no1 in the States.  So for anyone interested get on 1 of these..:yep:

large.20210211_122739_compress77.jpg

Talking about sharpening knifes

Walked in the kitchen the other day to my wife attempting to sharpen one of the knifes. lol

She had the sharpening rod in one hand and the knife in the other

She was literally hitting the rod with the knife in a karate chop motion, lifting the knife in the air and chopping it down on the rod. lol

I was laughing so much I couldn’t say “STOP”

Women, can’t live with them and can’t live without them 

47 minutes ago, Jack010 said:

Talking about sharpening knifes

Walked in the kitchen the other day to my wife attempting to sharpen one of the knifes. lol

She had the sharpening rod in one hand and the knife in the other

She was literally hitting the rod with the knife in a karate chop motion, lifting the knife in the air and chopping it down on the rod. lol

I was laughing so much I couldn’t say “STOP”

Women, can’t live with them and can’t live without them 

lollol dude that was as funny as fuk.. wont forget that 1 in a hurry.. she will end up with a knife like a fork lol

Went to 2 plots today to put my water source in and add more dry ferts.

The ground in the open was to frozen to dig or turn over.

Lucky enough that where I tunnelled into the think undergrowth, the soil wasn’t frozen so the top soil I dug up, I put in garden sacks and carried them back to the plot, put the dry ferts on my frozen beds soil and then covered with the top soil so it doesn’t blow away 

All I need to do now is on plant out, take the massive pile of mulch I made from clearing the area at the start of the prep and cover my beds, all sorted then.

My few different trail cams took a few hundred photos on each and no sign of humans and they been out since October/November 

The newest one is a mini version and the batteries still had 80% in them so well happy as it only takes 4 batteries as well. Took 4 fully charged for that one but didn’t bother swapping them out. 

Not long left to go now

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And so it begins. lol

Up with the birds this morning and dropped off 3 x 40l blocks of coco to last years auto plot could only fit 3 in as i needed my wellies to get to plot.

Putting 8 plants there this year 6 of rgsc exo gold bx1 and 2 red manderine if they pop.

As i built the plot from scratch last year if i want bigger plants i need to add more bulk so each plant is gonna get a 40l block each so thats at least 2 more trips them blocks are heavy.

Going to add more top soil from nearby and a couple of bags of compo if my back will take it.

Also went out on weekend and visited last years plot where we had the bubbas gift which did ok to be fair so opened it out a bit more and will put the malawi x nl x dfg fems (3 freebies from rgsc).

We havent visited the "beast" plot yet but all being well theres 6 purple freeze bx1 going there bushes this year no trees. lol

We have another plot this year reserved for 6 serious 6 fems (mate wouldnt have regs) which i havent bought yet.

I've loads more i want to do but its finding the plots and im getting old. lol

• Like 6

1 hour ago, murphyblue said:

And so it begins. lol

Up with the birds this morning and dropped off 3 x 40l blocks of coco to last years auto plot could only fit 3 in as i needed my wellies to get to plot.

Putting 8 plants there this year 6 of rgsc exo gold bx1 and 2 red manderine if they pop.

As i built the plot from scratch last year if i want bigger plants i need to add more bulk so each plant is gonna get a 40l block each so thats at least 2 more trips them blocks are heavy.

Going to add more top soil from nearby and a couple of bags of compo if my back will take it.

Also went out on weekend and visited last years plot where we had the bubbas gift which did ok to be fair so opened it out a bit more and will put the malawi x nl x dfg fems (3 freebies from rgsc).

We havent visited the "beast" plot yet but all being well theres 6 purple freeze bx1 going there bushes this year no trees. lol

We have another plot this year reserved for 6 serious 6 fems (mate wouldnt have regs) which i havent bought yet.

I've loads more i want to do but its finding the plots and im getting old. lol

Good luck man nice choice 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Still can’t find any 7cm x 8cm jiffy pots with slits? Anyone used any good alternatives? 

Just seen 8 x 8.5 on ebay, doesn't seem to be any shortage there. Will they not do?.....or does it have to be 7 x 8?