The Random Thread

whats_luring

22 hours ago, Revive said:

So guys and girls a had a nice lil find today while scouting out area of a potential new plot.. wanted to check out a few more of the finner details of what would be needed supply's wise to make it a success.. water source is in place 50 meters away. Nice big fence to keep any wanderers out.. not sure on the cover yet as its all still a bit bare.. access is great as its a little sneak off a public footpath.. parking is a plenty  many diff lil spots to interchange between during visits.. the 1 thing that kind of lets this whole area down is the native soil, prob 70% clay.. hmm so I had some idea to save having to lug dirt/ comp  there..so as said I was taking in the surroundings and making my plans I took a lil detour to check the other side of some rough and bingo had the find of my life.. bang on location 100m away id say...

Why thank you Mr farmer I am forever in your debt lol

large.20210202_162801_compress40.jpg

large.20210202_191229_compress22.jpglarge.20210202_185701_compress46.jpg

I am sure this will not be there for long so my plan is to sneak over 1 eve very soon, bag some of this up and hide it in the rough close by..  I just hope there is enough lol

not usually this lucky so someone is looking down on me :thumsup: maybe ill just rake it out a bit lol talk about a mega bed lol

More than likely topsoil that's been skimmed off another patch I would think by the look of it, could possibly be digestate too but looks more like topsoil, either way should be good gear nice find man.

• Like 2

Just now, hilbilly hifi said:

More than likely topsoil that's been skimmed off another patch I would think by the look of it, could possibly be digestate too but looks more like topsoil, either way should be good gear nice find man.

Sweet bro.  Yes it was my lucky day it seems.. few tests over the next week should clarify most of my concerns.. :yep:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Revive said:

Sweet bro.  Yes it was my lucky day it seems.. few tests over the next week should clarify most of my concerns.. :yep:

Check for worms, if there aren't any then be sceptical. Lots of worms then you're good to go I would have thought.

My reasoning being; if it's top soil, there will be worms. If it's not top soil then it must be a big pile of shit (probably cattle, but maybe even human) that has been left there to decompose (2/3 yrs? ) for later use. If it is shit, and there aren't any worms then could be way too hot and/or has anti-worming meds and other farming nasties still kicking around in it and therefore only recently put there. There is no vegetation on it which would suggest that....... It looks fertile and broken down nicely tho, hmmm, just contradicted myself :g:

If I came across it I would probably use it as a soil amendment or top dressing thinking it is very rich in nutrients. I would not use it as a main medium or try to germ seeds in it. 

I'm no expert tho, just my 2p.

Edited by Topdeck
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mcgarret said:

Nice dog, even tho I'm a cat lover, that's a nice looking dawg. :yep:

My right hand man bro.. great for excuses.. top notch security, and a man's best friend.. what more could a man want.. a cat lol

Funny I used to hate cats years ago just found them to be a bit sneeky.. however when I starting my company and was trying to build up my reputation I used to do a lot of leaflet dropping.. well I ended up meeting a lot of cats in people's gardens on there doorsteps and so forth.. I used to pet them while taking a breather and some were so happy to be stroked due to there owners being out at work and was friendly as fuk.. loads of times they would follow me up the road. Some I had to literally pick up and take back to there doorstep or bin they was sitting on.. so this changed my opinion of them.. I love animals man.. sad to say but I much prefer them to people lol.. the only cat i could see myself owning mind is a bengal.. they are awesome and still a lil wild.. I like that..

Thanks man :yep:

• Like 1

Went to the two plots which loose sun in September due to tree line to cut down some trees

Gets there and all the way along the rail side had been chopped down along with most the trees

i was buzzing, thought I can put photos along with the 26 autos I bought for these plots as it will have loads of sun in September now

climbs over two walls with about 40kg of gear and my bike to find tractor path straight through the plots

gutted as the soil is amazing 

two plots down now 

Just now, Jack010 said:

Went to the two plots which loose sun in September due to tree line to cut down some trees

Gets there and all the way along the rail side had been chopped down along with most the trees

i was buzzing, thought I can put photos along with the 26 autos I bought for these plots as it will have loads of sun in September now

climbs over two walls with about 40kg of gear and my bike to find tractor path straight through the plots

two plots down now 

Fuckkkkk it mate onwards and upwards. your like me mate u got loads of heathland from your plots i seen previously (i think anyway) just makes it more intresting and think of that as a full body workout my legs are fuckedfrom tbe other day 5 buckets of stone about. A Mile up some seriously steep hills to and fro from the car .

Be a unit come may :)

Just done a few miles to get to near one of my other plots to check out an area near by which looks good on google earth but it’s all boggy shit and trees everywhere so another wasted trip. :wallbash:

iv got 20+ kilos of dry ferts on me and I might put it in the near by plot but it’s already had about 15kg not sure if it will burn the plants come may

either that or leave it there to top dress or to collect later

no way it’s all coming back home with me as my back and shoulders are killing me and my bike rack is weighing my tires down 

Any idea when poundshop start selling them coco bricks want to add a lot of bulk to last years auto plot as i want to put photos there this year.

Figured if i add 20 to 30 blocks plus then add more soil from close by it will save me shitloads of digging. lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

Any idea when poundshop start selling them coco bricks want to add a lot of bulk to last years auto plot as i want to put photos there this year.

Figured if i add 20 to 30 blocks plus then add more soil from close by it will save me shitloads of digging. lol

I bought 70l blocks off Amazon , had  12 for £80 but I can’t find them again

Poundland will sell them soon but are hit and miss, some stores have them and some don’t , make sure you clear the shelf if you find them as the guy told me that they don’t stock many and they come in dribs and drabs

5 hours ago, Jack010 said:

two plots down now 

Anywhere near power lines by any chance ? 

Went to have a nose at a potential plot last week looked ok on google earth but it seems workmen have been busy clearing underneath large areas i assume for access to the nearby power lines.

36 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

Anywhere near power lines by any chance ? 

Went to have a nose at a potential plot last week looked ok on google earth but it seems workmen have been busy clearing underneath large areas i assume for access to the nearby power lines.

Yes mate, under the wires

They usually only do under the pylons, iv grown here for 5 seasons, I’m gutted.

Theyve done a few miles of it , I’m just glad they done it now instead of later in the year when the plants are ripe

Took a trip to town earlier mainly to check the poundshop but no gardening stuff yet.

Had to pick some cleaning stuff up so took a wander around wilkos.

A lot of stuff including the gardening stuff was taped off so i asked a shelf stacker if he knew when i would be able to buy stuff.

His reply was "Just pick up what u want and take to checkout they wont stop you".

Well anyway i grabbed 3 of these £3 each they also had the 10ltr ones like the poundshop a quid.

I loves a bargain me. lol

large.DSCN2996.JPG

• Like 2

This years prepping kit.. traveling light this season. Should not need more than these so no more storing on the plot for me.. good bit of kit.. small pointed spade and mini mattock are tough as old boots ....as the sickle well looks the part, feels the part so we shall see if it lasts.. razor sharp so im sure it will be just fine :yinyang:large.20210205_154207_compress9.jpglarge.20210205_154325_compress30.jpglarge.20210205_154241_compress26.jpglarge.20210205_154426_compress23.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, murphyblue said:

Took a trip to town earlier mainly to check the poundshop but no gardening stuff yet.

Had to pick some cleaning stuff up so took a wander around wilkos.

A lot of stuff including the gardening stuff was taped off so i asked a shelf stacker if he knew when i would be able to buy stuff.

His reply was "Just pick up what u want and take to checkout they wont stop you".

Well anyway i grabbed 3 of these £3 each they also had the 10ltr ones like the poundshop a quid.

I loves a bargain me. lol

large.DSCN2996.JPG

Is that 1 big brick or loads of small ones bro?