The Random Thread

whats_luring

On 1/1/2021 at 0:59 PM, Mr Herbert said:

Is anyone still running any of the nordic strains? Hybrids from hell etc

Yep. Ran Royal Dane in 2019 and Danish Gold in 2020. Both good hardy strains. The Danish Gold is pretty potent. The royal dane was a very easy to grow plant which had a nice high.

Alright guys, back from a long break on the guerrilla scene. Been doing it indoors for family medical reasons last few years. Didn’t really have the heart the year before that, as everything was going tits up. But I’m happy to be back hunting for plots again with my drone lol and thanks to  @panik at rgs got some smashing new strains from yesterday’s drop. Roll on spring!! 

• Like 5

On 01/01/2021 at 0:59 PM, Mr Herbert said:

Is anyone still running any of the nordic strains? Hybrids from hell etc

If I could get some wild super07 fems is be over the moon.. they were belting 

gallery_92525_12706_43844.jpeggallery_92525_12706_255471.jpeg

• Like 8

Has anyone considered using super absorbent polymers to get around importing water to the plot during drought

bit of reading and a link at the bottom with more information..

Super absorbent polymers are compounds that absorb waterand swell into many times their original size and weightSuper absorbent polymers are used in soil to create a water reserve, near the rhizosphere zone (roots) and benefit agriculture (Zohuriaan-Mehr and Kabiri, 2008, Han et al., 2010).s 

https://www.sapgel.com/super-absorbent-polymer-for-agriculture/

On 1/9/2021 at 11:31 PM, panik said:

Hi guys ok so new stock and big re stock is going live tomorrow Sunday 10th jan 2pm don’t miss out there limited numbers of some stuff like fast Zkittles.. 

sorry for delays it’s been hectic and there’s a couple more things coming next week also .. :yep: 

Hi panik is there gonna be any more fast zskittels just see there sold out cant believe how quick they went

Does anyone know the sort code for RGSC Barclays account pls inbox?Screenshot cropped it out and I need to do a transfer so not to loose order? Think they hectic atm can get ahold cheers 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Does anyone know the sort code for RGSC Barclays account pls inbox?Screenshot cropped it out and I need to do a transfer so not to loose order? Think they hectic atm can get ahold cheers 

Message the Panik 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Went to prep a plot yesterday. Was supposed to get up at 6am to travel in the dark and to get the plot done before the rain in the afternoon that was scheduled.

Woke at 5:20 and thought I’d go back to sleep till 6am but slept till 7:20 so had to travel in the light.

Gets to the plot later than planned and started to turn it over to de-root all the weeds, lovely frozen soil that crumbles lovely , decided to go deeper than last year which made the job a lot harder cos I’d already took 100s if not 1000s of stones out, some as heavy as me.

Accidentally broke a mouse back legs and maybe back as I was forking out slabs of stone, didn’t know he was there as it was a foot or so under the ground, laid him on some grass to see if he recovered but he didn’t so I had to take him out of his misery, poor bugger

Then I hurt my elbow which hurt from there out every time I moved my arm but I wanted to finish the job so I kept going, then it started to rain and hail but I kept going as I was halfway through but then my 3 prong fork, that used to be 4 prong but broke last year at this plot, broke again to become a 2 prong fork .  :wallbash:(5 minutes later found the 4th prong under soil from last year) haha

So the 2nd half took ages as I had 2 prongs and the soil was soaking from the rain and was a lot harder to get the roots out. 

Put down a mix of ffb, bone meal, chicken pellets and rock dust and turned the plot over again 

By the time I finished I was covered in mud like I had rolled around the floor wrestling some topless woman

The things we do to grow outdoors

@Jack010Sorry to hear that. No body likes hurting animals. I hope you recover from the injury. This game doesn't get any easier especially in winter time. I knew you'd be prepping already. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

@Jack010Sorry to hear that. No body likes hurting animals. I hope you recover from the injury. This game doesn't get any easier especially in winter time. I knew you'd be prepping already. 

Felt so guilty, one more done a runner and another later on burrowed out of the pile of soil I had piled up. Thought I’d done something prior to seeing them as some dried grass came out. Gutted I messed up their home as well. 

That’s my 5th plot prepped so far, got 3 more to do but one of which will be done at plant out, the nightmare to get to one which I’ll just put down slow release pellets like last year but will stake the cages proper this time so they done blow over and suffer rot again.

Also see a potential 9th plot but don’t know if I’ll go ahead with that one cos 8 is hard to handle as it is.

Hope for better this year, I know I say it every year but iv spent money this year on loads of bone meal, chicken poo, ffb, rock dust and more which iv put down a mix of around 15kg per plot mixed with the soil and coco and mulch from the area.

Got bamboo as well, going to stake things up properly this year

5 hours ago, Jack010 said:

Felt so guilty, one more done a runner and another later on burrowed out of the pile of soil I had piled up. Thought I’d done something prior to seeing them as some dried grass came out. Gutted I messed up their home as well. 

That’s my 5th plot prepped so far, got 3 more to do but one of which will be done at plant out, the nightmare to get to one which I’ll just put down slow release pellets like last year but will stake the cages proper this time so they done blow over and suffer rot again.

Also see a potential 9th plot but don’t know if I’ll go ahead with that one cos 8 is hard to handle as it is.

Hope for better this year, I know I say it every year but iv spent money this year on loads of bone meal, chicken poo, ffb, rock dust and more which iv put down a mix of around 15kg per plot mixed with the soil and coco and mulch from the area.

Got bamboo as well, going to stake things up properly this year

Sounds like you no what needs to be done this year man .