The Random Thread

whats_luring

7 hours ago, Jack010 said:

The drone footage won’t have people know where it is

Theres thousands of roads , motorways, roundabouts and stuff that all look familiar 

They might be sacking that plot off after that season anyway

I recognised that van tho.  :yep:

Hope they had a good year this season, you know who you are.  :smoke:

Ibthought i recognized the frying pan and thought could it be 2 extraterrestrial  who no's 

Edited by B-real

8 hours ago, Jack010 said:

The drone footage won’t have people know where it is

Theres thousands of roads , motorways, roundabouts and stuff that all look familiar 

They might be sacking that plot off after that season anyway

I recognised that van tho.  :yep:

Hope they had a good year this season, you know who you are.  :smoke:

Look a bit closer, its not hard to work out.. Also im pretty sure from that video alone and remembering seeing pictures of there plots before vanishing (season they got ripped) that this video was recorded last season..  I could be wrong but from memory i vaguely remember 1 of those plots from the video.

49 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

Scientists in British Columbia are doing research into producing botrytis free strains of cannabis for commercial growing, just been reading about it in a Canadian newspaper. 

https://theprovince.com/news/scientists-probe-dna-to-create-game-changing-strain-of-mildew-resistant-cannabis

Yea I read about this earlier today, very interesting 

9 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

Scientists in British Columbia are doing research into producing botrytis free strains of cannabis for commercial growing, just been reading about it in a Canadian newspaper. 

https://theprovince.com/news/scientists-probe-dna-to-create-game-changing-strain-of-mildew-resistant-cannabis

Slightly confusing that the article's authors seem to be presenting this as relating to botrytis, yet the science seems mainly aimed at powdery mildew..?  They mention targeting a few different types of mildew, but I don't think botrytis falls under that??  

Very true what they say that most breeding neglects disease resistance though... I see a lot of people growing indoors under 'ideal' conditions when making selections, essentially breeding blind when it comes to resilience, and as a result introducing more weak genetics to the gene pool.  Ive had people think I'm mad for purposefully introducing pathogens into cabs /rooms for selections, hopefully they read that article and see there is method to the madness :oldtoker: 

Wish I had a £4.2 million genomics budget to help out, don't we all? lol Nice that they are making the results public, will be interesting to see...

Canadians where always ahead of the game breeding hardy outdoor genetics.. Now its being taken to the next level with the help of science :flex: 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

Hmm, slightly more controversial way of achieving similar ends I guess.. Never really had problems with PM on cannabis outdoors here, only a couple times I can think of. Hear about it as more of a problem in places like California and other parts of the US, Which I guess have more similar conditions to Israel.  Courgettes and some other types of squash seem to be the main thing I see affected, would be a good source of spores if you were breeding for resistance.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

squash seem to be the main thing I see affected, would be a good source of spores

i think p.m is plant specific....?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

Hmm, slightly more controversial way of achieving similar ends I guess.. Never really had problems with PM on cannabis outdoors here, only a couple times I can think of. Hear about it as more of a problem in places like California and other parts of the US, Which I guess have more similar conditions to Israel.  Courgettes and some other types of squash seem to be the main thing I see affected, would be a good source of spores if you were breeding for resistance.  

same here, also my melons and cucumbers allways fall foul to PM without fail

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

Very true what they say that most breeding neglects disease resistance though... I see a lot of people growing indoors under 'ideal' conditions when making selections, essentially breeding blind when it comes to resilience, and as a result introducing more weak genetics to the gene pool.  Ive had people think I'm mad for purposefully introducing pathogens into cabs /rooms for selections, hopefully they read that article and see there is method to the madness :oldtoker: 

couldnt agree more if not tested in the feild there is no true selection for the job at hand ..i cant tolerate labrat type plants even from indoor varieties every plant i breed must have a strong lifeforce before anything else is considered  ,,ive recently had a nitemare indoor diffrennt types of mites flies power cuts drought  light leak you name it  understadably many hermied an went down with fair reason but the few that took it all without a wimper are my fauorites :thumsup:

• Like 1

So it looks like whoever it was that lost their plot right next to the eurostar tracks felt the need to bring vice along to more of their plots and show off :g:I hope they weren't planning to use these ones again 

• Like 1

was literaly just about to post this lol i recognise the plots from the photos, they're one of us ;) 

personally jealous of the vice crew, would have loved to make a mini doc like this

• Like 1