The Random Thread

whats_luring

On 10/2/2020 at 0:06 PM, HullFeltMashematician said:

You have 2 plants that are fully cooked.. It's pissing it down.. Do you chop in the rain? Or wait 4-6 days for dry weather to chop? :g:

Chop in the rain. Invest in some decent water proofs n you'll be fine to stand in it all day bro.. I'd give the buds a good shake off before bagging them to go home if they soaked tho. Peace

• Like 4

On 02/10/2020 at 11:03 PM, Lea Valley said:

Had a visit from Mould Bill. If I’d had a front door on my plot he’d of had it off.
Touched loads of things and left a note saying apparently he’d had me under surveillance for the last 10 days and would be be back if I didn’t clear out and fuck off tomorrow.  

Not one to ignore the “signs” I’m going to get wet tomorrow morning and chop as much as I can carry. :thumbdown:

Do you mean old bill left you a love letter mate saying you got to leave the spot.if you harvest isn't it sketchy if they got you on camera and can bust you with your crop at home. 

I thought a seen a flash of light from the side of me at my spot hope it's not a stealth cam getting paranoid lol

15 minutes ago, B-real said:

Do you mean old bill left you a love letter mate saying you got to leave the spot.if you harvest isn't it sketchy if they got you on camera and can bust you with your crop at home. 

I thought a seen a flash of light from the side of me at my spot hope it's not a stealth cam getting paranoid lol

I think hes saying mould has started strong and if he dont harvest now itll be fucked as hes been removing bits for the last 10days

• Like 3

Oh I have decent waterproof gear @ocb mate, patagonia goretex and goretex snow boots with thinsulate lining lol no fuckin' around! I was more worried about the girls being soaked..  They were piss wet through, half my girls were basically on the floor due to the extra water weight..

@green_machine In the end I chopped as soon as I got there, in a torrential downpour. Just as well, mould had started setting in, it only took 3 days of rain.. Was a sad story in general, but saved the one Lem Og x Frzlnd I was worried about. Anyway full update in diary shortly.

Here she is..

large.rsz_img_0337.jpg

I slapped the branches against my leg (gently) to get some of the water out of the buds.. Then layed out on cardboard as soon as I got home, heating on, 2 oscilating fans pointing staright at the branches. Branches rotated each 30 mins for 2 hours. Then they went into the dry box. Best I could do.. Fricken stunk the house out.. lol

• Like 7

@HullFeltMashematician fookin hell. You must be like the Steve backshaw of guerrilla growing lol.. bet that cost a tidy bit.. n there was me thinkin I looked good in my dewalt waterproofs lol... Yeah the extra water weight is a shitter. Was tying n supporting a couple yday. Peace

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ocb said:

@HullFeltMashematician fookin hell. You must be like the Steve backshaw of guerrilla growing lol.. bet that cost a tidy bit.. n there was me thinkin I looked good in my dewalt waterproofs lol... Yeah the extra water weight is a shitter. Was tying n supporting a couple yday. Peace

lol

Picked up the boots in Black Friday sales a while back for £50, steal. Got the Patagonia Pluma Pro for, wait for it, £140! I got a prototype display jacket a long time ago, before the official release of the product, from an outdoor shop that a good friend of mine worked in up north.. The pre release prototype actually has an extra pocket lol Trousers are just the cheapest goretex pullovers I could find, still not really cheap at £80. I used to do a lot of mountaineering, rock climbing and hiking..

I'm going to get out today and give them all another shake off and make sure they're supported, I did tie them up a bit but admittedly there was so much to do it wasn't a thorough job.

Atb

:skin_up:

• Like 3

On 04/10/2020 at 11:45 AM, HullFeltMashematician said:

Oh I have decent waterproof gear @ocb mate, patagonia goretex and goretex snow boots with thinsulate lining lol no fuckin' around! I was more worried about the girls being soaked..  They were piss wet through, half my girls were basically on the floor due to the extra water weight..

@green_machine In the end I chopped as soon as I got there, in a torrential downpour. Just as well, mould had started setting in, it only took 3 days of rain.. Was a sad story in general, but saved the one Lem Og x Frzlnd I was worried about. Anyway full update in diary shortly.

Here she is..

large.rsz_img_0337.jpg

I slapped the branches against my leg (gently) to get some of the water out of the buds.. Then layed out on cardboard as soon as I got home, heating on, 2 oscilating fans pointing staright at the branches. Branches rotated each 30 mins for 2 hours. Then they went into the dry box. Best I could do.. Fricken stunk the house out.. lol

like mine they are nice chunky nugs kinda smaller ones lower down branches but quality and dense and smell make up for it. Such a nice lemon pong isn't it mate.

3 hours ago, HullFeltMashematician said:

lol

Picked up the boots in Black Friday sales a while back for £50, steal. Got the Patagonia Pluma Pro for, wait for it, £140! I got a prototype display jacket a long time ago, before the official release of the product, from an outdoor shop that a good friend of mine worked in up north.. The pre release prototype actually has an extra pocket lol Trousers are just the cheapest goretex pullovers I could find, still not really cheap at £80. I used to do a lot of mountaineering, rock climbing and hiking..

I'm going to get out today and give them all another shake off and make sure they're supported, I did tie them up a bit but admittedly there was so much to do it wasn't a thorough job.

Atb

:skin_up:

I feel your pain bro, this rain has caused major issues and not just rot.. plants are flopping all over the show and there is too much to do to put it all right, plants are getting harvested on the go so its a nightmare right now.  We can only do our best dude:yep:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Revive said:

I feel your pain bro, this rain has caused major issues and not just rot.. plants are flopping all over the show and there is too much to do to put it all right, plants are getting harvested on the go so its a nightmare right now.  We can only do our best dude:yep:

woke up to most of main harvest moldy this morning after having the heating on overnight and hoping for the best. It's years like like where you wonder if it's worth it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geo1 said:

woke up to most of main harvest moldy this morning after having the heating on overnight and hoping for the best. It's years like like where you wonder if it's worth it

Fuk bro... sorry to hear that man. When did you harvest the bud? Was it ok when you chopped?

Did you have a good check.. i no that shit spreads fast. If I find it I tent to throw the whole bud rather than try to cut it out..found a fair bit yesterday, must have thrown a few oz at least

Chin up dude, your a fuking guerilla :yep: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geo1 said:

I found about 2oz worth affected, gutted

Got loads still out but it’s been constant rain for ages so not holding much hope 

Another shit year for me I think

My DFG... chopped a few of the large colas yesterday as I’ve noticed a lil bit of mold. Not sure it’s fully cooked 

large.CAD13416-CBB0-48AF-98EF-361A9F1278F0.jpeglarge.059DB6CC-D2E8-45E4-A3E4-889EFE260A72.jpeg

• Like 7

The weather has been a wash out @Jack010

You welsh boys are even more up against it..

Its a fuker dude.. i expect to be throwing a whole lot more away this eve too, breaks my heart but i have well overdone this season so will still have a  bumper harvest I hope..

Gets you down man but this is the game we are in dude.. hope the rest of your girls make it :yep:

• Like 1

so I just found a mold on a big bud in my drying room, must have missed a bit when I harvested yesterday.. whats the chances of that contaminating the room and putting the rest at risk, could spores attack the other buds if any are flying around in there?? There is no fan blowing in there if that makes a difference.. appreciate some feedback if anyone has experience with this.. fist for me during the drying process

Popped out today to find mould mould mould.. This rain was very poorly timed.. Even the serious 6 is going mouldy after 3 days of 80%-90% humidity here.. 8+Oz rotten that wasn't rotten a few days back. Going to have to get my ass back out to the campsite and take the lot of what's left early or not, or I might not even break my 15oz target for the year, from near enough 50 plants :angry: all I can think is thank F I got the red purps down in time! Got a box of it to trim soon!

• Like 3