The Random Thread

whats_luring

Put the tent on its side and made drying racks from timber and mosquito netting 

large.497220C1-9CF2-4153-A760-AA525EF32EED.jpeg

There’s 4 shelves, each one is 1.1m x 0.55m

Planning on one plot at a time cutting down so should be enough room, if not I got another small tent and hanging drying rack I can use.

Just hope I don’t suffer rot like I did last year

Hi guys, went out to the plot tonight as I've not been in a number of weeks (last visit was probably at the end of August and there were no signs of flowering).

Couple of questions:

Can anyone give a rough guess how long they've been flowering from the photos below/how long they have left to go? They're supposed to finish in October according to the strain info.

The base of the plants are showing signs of nitrogen deficiency (yellowing/dying leaves). They've not been fed in 2-3 months.

Is there any point in feeding them now or should they be left to it? If feed is required would potash/blood and bone be the best combination?

qAHv1c0.jpg

kPbYlkh.jpg

WfSY18a.jpg

• Like 1

@erudite Couple of weeks max in flower i'd say, bit less more likely.  They probably got 6-7 more weeks potentially to go :yinyang: Yes feed, potash better, fish blood & bone not much point now as it takes too long to break down at this stage, try liquid high in phosphorus for optimal results, liquid bat guano for example, or mix some powdered bat guano in the water, it will extract some instant feed and also leave guano lumps for the roots to suck on, perfect! Seaweed is good also, commercially available, Or top dress with lots of worm humus, rocket fuel! It's always worth feeding if they haven't been fed for a while, it will be like a kick up the ass for them for nicer flowers of course :yinyang:

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, SubSpecies said:

@erudite Couple of weeks max in flower i'd say, bit less more likely.  They probably got 6-7 more weeks potentially to go :yinyang: Yes feed, potash better, fish blood & bone not much point now as it takes too long to break down at this stage, try liquid high in phosphorus for optimal results, liquid bat guano for example, or mix some powdered bat guano in the water, it will extract some instant feed and also leave guano lumps for the roots to suck on, perfect! Seaweed is good also, commercially available, Or top dress with lots of worm humus, rocket fuel! It's always worth feeding if they haven't been fed for a while, it will be like a kick up the ass for them for nicer flowers of course :yinyang:

Thanks man, will try to get up there before the end of the week with some suitable feed. Will check out the guano and seaweed. Appreciate the info.

Edited by erudite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SubSpecies said:

@erudite Couple of weeks max in flower i'd say, bit less more likely. ...

Just having a quick look, it looks like "guanokalong"  liquid bat guano is available or Multi mite liquid seaweed. Should either of them be good for the job and are they likely to give dosing information on the packaging?

Edited by erudite
  • Like 1

@erudite I used that brand of bat shyte with no problems, was very happy so i'd get it, its the goood shit, decent enough phosphoruus content (NPK 1-10-1)  (10 being the Phosphorous content) and i use Envii SeaFeed Xtra Organic combined with the guano with blinding results, highly recommend the SeaWeed, should put some color back in the plants if they should need it., not the cheapest but its extremly good and very clean. Why not give the plants a nice treat with both? But if you only chose 1 then id probably go for the bat guano because of the Phospherous content, but its a tough choice, they just seem 'right' togeather. Just be sure to follow the instructions dosage for each product, don't give them too much and stop the feed 2 weeks before you plan to chop, jobs a good'un :yep:

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 1

On 15/09/2020 at 1:36 PM, Jack010 said:

Put the tent on its side and made drying racks from timber and mosquito netting 

large.497220C1-9CF2-4153-A760-AA525EF32EED.jpeg

There’s 4 shelves, each one is 1.1m x 0.55m

Planning on one plot at a time cutting down so should be enough room, if not I got another small tent and hanging drying rack I can use.

Just hope I don’t suffer rot like I did last year

Thinking about wether you get more drying space on its side than standing up.....

large_bcf.png

lol 

Guess regardless easier to make less and longer shelves this way. 

May it see plenty of use.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

You have 2 plants that are fully cooked.. It's pissing it down.. Do you chop in the rain? Or wait 4-6 days for dry weather to chop? :g:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HullFeltMashematician said:

You have 2 plants that are fully cooked.. It's pissing it down.. Do you chop in the rain? Or wait 4-6 days for dry weather to chop? :g:

I would say it depends on your drying set up, if you can dry the plants out with a fan or something for a few of hours after harvest to remove the surface water, I would take them down in the rain and then bring them in to dry out, if you cannot dry the plants off, I would wait for them to dry off naturally and then harvest.

atb

greenie

P.s. I am happy I don't have to spend hours in the rain harvesting plants lollol

• Like 1

I could increase my fan speed and raise the temperature in the room a little bit for the first day.. Not keen on putting wet buds in the dry box and sealing it though... I'm now thinking a cordless hair dryer must be added to the kit list for next year lol

I'm going to be out in the rain doing a mould check and harvesting some runts for hash.. I'm actually quite excited about camping in my hammock tonight in the storm... :realcool:

Thanks for the input @green_machine, if it's not a mould fest already then I'll be waiting for dry weather. :yep:

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 4

@HullFeltMashematician fingers crossed for you bud :smokin: both for the plants and staying warm and dry tonight lollol (I like camping but camping in the rain is not for me!)

Think you are making the right call with waiting, I would want wet plants hung up in a room with  fan blowing on them for a few of hours to dry off before putting them into a drying box and this would be a massive security issue I think.

greenie

• Like 1

Had a visit from Mould Bill. If I’d had a front door on my plot he’d of had it off.
Touched loads of things and left a note saying apparently he’d had me under surveillance for the last 10 days and would be be back if I didn’t clear out and fuck off tomorrow.  

Not one to ignore the “signs” I’m going to get wet tomorrow morning and chop as much as I can carry. :thumbdown:

• Like 5