The Random Thread

whats_luring

Guest RandyBoBandy

alright guys..

just decided that im gonna force flower some garden plants, ill cover them up about half five, then take the cover off at half five in the morning before work..

ive not done this before... whats the avg time it takes to go in to flower ? i know it probebly depends on strain... but whats the avg.

and when they do go in to flower am i ok to leave the cover off ? or is there to many hours in the day and they will reveg ?

edit to add tune..

Edited by RandyBoBandy

Guest RandyBoBandy

googled it and found a thread on another forum.. guess i was being lazy .. cheers anyway :lookaround:

Edited by RandyBoBandy

Guest RandyBoBandy

@@attempt4

they should take roughly 2 weeks to go in to flower.. depending on strain, and maturity of plant

mine should hopefully take 2 weeks... (still need to find something to cover the plants)

ill keep them covered up to about mid august.. then leave the cover off as the daylight hours should not be a problem

one thing to watch when covering your bud is traping humidity and causing rott.. but mine will be from half five to half five in the morning, and by half 5 they should be in shade anyways...

plus the bud wont be up to much by then anyway

ive gotta give it ago as i dont realy want big plants in the garden

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 1

Have you not got a shed?

I tried the box weren't the easiest way but if it's the only way, I suppose it would do.

Just force flowering 3 plants my self for seeds for next year.

2 Mr Nice shit and a Blueberry headband.

I have used the pollen from a Hfh WS07

Guest RandyBoBandy

@

nice one, good luck with the seed run!

i do have a shed, but its at the other end of the garden... would make things so much easier, but i cant have the plants at the same end of the garden as the shed and i dont wanna be running up and down the garden every day as we have new neighbours

its a shame... ill find something though, ill have a think and try sort something tomorrow..

again good luck with the seedrun :yep:

Edited by RandyBoBandy

You'll only have to cover them for a few weeks @@RandyBoBandy then darkness hours will be long enough for them to continue flowering.

Use a large cardboard box as this will absorb some of the humidity created so long as it's not raining obviously.

I would say all strains will start to flower in 2 weeks, but if they are mature enough some will start in a week.

E2a shit missed one of your posts, the one that explains you've already found your answer :shutup::russian:

Edited by HongKongBluey

If you go with the box stick a few black bags over it to get it real dark and for waterproofing.

Good luck with what ever you do

Guest RandyBoBandy

nice one HKB :yep: yeah i think ill use one big box then... and if there's any sighns of rain, ill place a sheet of wood over the box :)

one week you say, that would be nice

cheers mate

opps just see your reply there bo8.. cheers mate :yep:

Edited by RandyBoBandy

What strains you doing?

If they're semi auto especially Danish they won't take much persuading at all.

Should do you well, especially in your semi tropical climate. Those extra few weeks head start will improve the quality no end.

At a guess i'd say the Durban and Mango will take a while to start, Passion number one will probably leap at the chance to flower. :thumsup:

I used a coal bin last year ,started this time too . Like mentioned above ,three weeks is good enough . They can't revert at 14 hours of light and receding daily . I even forgot and missed one or two evenings of moving them but they were clones and eager to flower . This year I flowered two small cuts inside for three weeks and put them out last weekend . The daylight hours are a tad too long so might disrupt em !

• 2 weeks later...