The Random Thread

whats_luring

On 28/08/2020 at 7:20 AM, MacGanja said:

Some asshole creature has eaten the green stem of two my plants all the way around the stem.... Has anyone had this before and the plant survived? 

large.IMG_20200826_201128_copy_1382x1843.jpglarge.IMG_20200826_201143_copy_1382x1843.jpg

Its hard to see as its not the best light... But its like its been girdled... 

Cheers guys... 

It's called ring barking

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=922#:~:text=There are three main causes,weather when food is scarce.

It can kill plants so keep a careful eye on it.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2020 at 7:41 AM, MacGanja said:

Cheers dude... 

Yeah they gave it a good going over... 

large.IMG_20200826_201137_copy_1382x1843.jpg

I have moved them now... And put them in another plot... And considered them dead... However i will pop by in October... If they have survived... Its a bonus... 

Cheers for the reply! :yep:

If the full circumference is stripped they are finished. large.user406701_pic1495187_1442000928.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks @Dodgee and @Ch@ppers for the reply... I think you have confirmed my fears... They are done for... I knew you could kill a tree like that and i am pretty sure this would be the same... Yes its been attacked all the way round... As above... Thanks guys! 

• Like 1

12 weeks flowering today this. Auto x photo is suppose to make a fast version right? These are longer than both parents so I call them slow version should be finished around the end of September at 16 weeks.large.IMG-20200830-WA0000.jpg

• Like 5

Tough choice to make to chop it, i bet they didn't really wanna chop it, given they didn't report it, but after chopping the maize it would stand out like a sore thumb and they could get nicked. Such a shame and a waste, i think only auto's in a maize plot would guarantee harvest i guess, photos are too risky, picture a prime example. What a situation to be in lol

• Like 1

On 28/08/2020 at 7:20 AM, MacGanja said:

Some asshole creature has eaten the green stem of two my plants all the way around the stem.... Has anyone had this before and the plant survived? 

large.IMG_20200826_201128_copy_1382x1843.jpglarge.IMG_20200826_201143_copy_1382x1843.jpg

Its hard to see as its not the best light... But its like its been girdled... 

Cheers guys... 

Ring barked mate bye voles we have had this happen  loads of times now we put protectors around stems and afraid once ring barked plants are rip

• Like 3

On 31/08/2020 at 8:56 PM, brock1 said:

My female is just starting to drop pollen now. Very pretty tranny even if i do say so. :wub::blushing:

large.20200831_173219.jpg

Looks lovely mate, any pollen going spare this year?

• Like 1

large.s6pollen.jpg

First try at creating my own hacks. S6 male chopped the other day. Already got a bit of pollen on the sheet. Hoping to produce some S6 F2 seeds and some S6 x Disco Biscuit, S6 x Flo OG, S6 x Black widow, S6 x ESB if I collect enough and try them in my plot next year.

Edited by growitandsmokeit
  • Like 9

I always cut the balls off the plant put them in a brown paper lunch bag let them dry a couple days take your fingers and grind them all up inside the bag pick a lower branch on the female poke it inside the bag squeeze the bag shut and shake it mark the branch with a twist tie with what you have there you could do a couple branches on the five females and make several hundred seeds just don't do it on a windy or wet day 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Exile420 said:

Looks lovely mate, any pollen going spare this year?

I think that's against the rules on here mate. :wassnnme: I think you mean will seeds be available from this pollen? Not sure just yet I will have to see what I get from it. :yep:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brock1 said:

I think that's against the rules on here mate. :wassnnme: I think you mean will seeds be available from this pollen? Not sure just yet I will have to see what I get from it. :yep:

Yeah summit like that mate lol 

message yeah over the road.

• Like 1

large.AAEDF105-2956-4F1A-8ED8-9A23ACB7DAED.jpegOne of my cheeky early July plant outs. P’ s Lemonade OG. Loving the sharply serrated  leaves and super healthy colour. No dig, coco, MPC and a handful of chicken Poo.  Normally the Nettles in this small copse are much taller here, but due to the early drought this year they’re not covering the 56 inches of this interloper, it’s standing out like a Green Ganja Beacon against the backdrop. I’ve tied that Bitch down hard. It looks like it’s on the floor, it actually 2 foot above. So let’s see how she does in the next 8 weeks. 

• Like 4