The Random Thread

whats_luring

4 hours ago, panik said:

Iv used spin pro , trim pro, ardvark, bonsai scissors, the table stand trimmers Iv used most of them except the tumble trimmers but that not very outdoor plot convenient 

spin pro wins hands down

Sweet brother, I'm on it :yinyang:

• Like 1

Been to visit this morning and a little hasmould in onset furthest along plants

What's the general consensus when coming to bit of a early chop due to mould? 

Last checked these 2days ago and were fine.

About 2%-5% mould on plants that are week or so off, have removed affected areas but with a wet and windless week. Is general practise to chop what you got(are these far enough along to do to)? Or just keep removing as it crops up but risk of turning up one day to mushy plants? large.20200824_110522_resized_compress17.jpglarge.20200824_105942_resized_compress85.jpg

:yinyang:

• Like 4

@tescoturnip Personally I would chop all the tops now... I left a Fast Diesel that had 2-5% mould, 4 days later came back and it was 20%+ and the weather wasn't all that bad.. Once it's there, it can spread scarily quickly in bad weather.. Looks pretty well cooked too tbh.

• Like 4

Okay cheers for advice, yes mostly cloudy under a loupe. Think might be pushing my luck to leave any longer with forecast and the risk I've missed some mould if it spreads that quickly!

• Like 1

If a plant has a harvest date on the packet of October, should you be checking now for mold? If so, how frequently is it recommended to go and check?

Some asshole creature has eaten the green stem of two my plants all the way around the stem.... Has anyone had this before and the plant survived? 

large.IMG_20200826_201128_copy_1382x1843.jpglarge.IMG_20200826_201143_copy_1382x1843.jpg

Its hard to see as its not the best light... But its like its been girdled... 

Cheers guys... 

5 minutes ago, McHazy said:

@MacGanja Rats can be bad for that believe it or not 

Iirc they will nibble a ring right round the stem

Asshole rats... Have you had it before and the plant survives? 

Not had it wi weed but watched em do it to other plants survival tends to depend how much they gnawed intae it it can also cause stem rot best ye can do really is keep an eye on em if the plant still doin ok 

Not sayin that's what wrong wi yours just sounds similar and triggered a brain cell lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McHazy said:

Not had it wi weed but watched em do it to other plants survival tends to depend how much they gnawed intae it it can also cause stem rot best ye can do really is keep an eye on em if the plant still doin ok 

Not sayin that's what wrong wi yours just sounds similar and triggered a brain cell lol

Cheers dude... 

Yeah they gave it a good going over... 

large.IMG_20200826_201137_copy_1382x1843.jpg

I have moved them now... And put them in another plot... And considered them dead... However i will pop by in October... If they have survived... Its a bonus... 

Cheers for the reply! :yep:

• Like 3

Had what I guess was a rabbit chew on a stem made it look like a hour glass didn't seem to hurt it just needed extra support

• Like 1