The Random Thread

whats_luring

34 minutes ago, Revive said:

@Ch@ppers how  noisey are the spin pro.. this is gonna be done in a lock up but poss chance of people walking by.. you think it could be heard much??

No, just a slight sound of blades spinning, in a lock-up your biggest worry will be smell, that's unmistakable and will carry far further than the slight sound of the blades. 

Edited by Ch@ppers
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

No, just a slight sound of blades spinning, in a lock-up your biggest worry will be smell, that's unmistakable and will carry far further than the slight sound of the blades. 

Gonna put a tent in there with an extractor fan and filter.  Plan is to climb inside the tent and zip it up then get to work.. not sure id get away with it on site but we shall see.. if you say its quite then maybe that is the best bet.. any ideas that you can put across?

14 minutes ago, Revive said:

any ideas that you can put across?

Do it on site, leaves are turgid, it's the best way to do it and at speed. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

Do it on site, leaves are turgid, it's the best way to do it and at speed. 

Was gonna do the fan leaves on site.. at times there is foot traffic near to the site so just worried someone may hear strange noises and investigate 

2 hours ago, Revive said:

Gonna put a tent in there with an extractor fan and filter.  Plan is to climb inside the tent and zip it up then get to work.. not sure id get away with it on site but we shall see.. if you say its quite then maybe that is the best bet.. any ideas that you can put across?

this wont work,.. 

for the spin pro to work at full effect it needs to have turgid pointy trimmed leafs sticking out that roll around the cage and the leafs go threw the grill and get trimmed by the blades, having plants that have been cut down some hours ago will go all limp and just roll the limp leafs round the buds causing a right mess and fuck up ,..

• Like 5

1 hour ago, panik said:

this wont work,.. 

for the spin pro to work at full effect it needs to have turgid pointy trimmed leafs sticking out that roll around the cage and the leafs go threw the grill and get trimmed by the blades, having plants that have been cut down some hours ago will go all limp and just roll the limp leafs round the buds causing a right mess and fuck up ,..

Hey panik.. right so really this need doing as soon as its cut off the plant then? Yes it seems pretty quite apart from the odd squeak here and there lol so in your honest opinion would you say this is the quickest way to get it done.. on me todd mate and don't have bundles of time on my hands.. have you ever used the trim bags? I no its for dry bud so slight different approach.

Fuking dreading this lot comming down but hey by the time the rot sets in I may not have so much.. but looking at it atm it just looks like I'm out of my depth.. so would you say the way your doing it in the vid is the best and fastest way.

Great fuking vid by the way.. :yep:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Revive said:

Hey panik.. right so really this need doing as soon as its cut off the plant then? Yes it seems pretty quite apart from the odd squeak here and there lol so in your honest opinion would you say this is the quickest way to get it done.. on me todd mate and don't have bundles of time on my hands.. have you ever used the trim bags? I no its for dry bud so slight different approach.

Fuking dreading this lot comming down but hey by the time the rot sets in I may not have so much.. but looking at it atm it just looks like I'm out of my depth.. so would you say the way your doing it in the vid is the best and fastest way.

Great fuking vid by the way.. :yep:

Not tried the trim bags iv heard good things but I would assume it knocks all the trichromes off,.. but the spin pro does a bit of that aswell so.. 

its the quickest way iv found mate , use a spray oil (rape seed  or sunflower oil from Tesco every 5-6 spins and spray the grill down it stop the buds and trichromes sticking and it gunking up plus keeps it lubbed and stops the squeeking 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, panik said:

Not tried the trim bags iv heard good things but I would assume it knocks all the trichromes off,.. but the spin pro does a bit of that aswell so.. 

its the quickest way iv found mate , use a spray oil (rape seed  or sunflower oil from Tesco every 5-6 spins and spray the grill down it stop the buds and trichromes sticking and it gunking up plus keeps it lubbed and stops the squeeking 

Yeah being dry I would have thought the trim bags do more damage to the trichs.. its a daunting task this old trimming malarkey. Guess the spin pro does less damage as its all still so fresh.. may just hang and dry trim the big colas after removing the fans and hse the spin pro for the smaller stuff.. have you used any other makes of bud trimmers or is the spin pro the only 1 that is worth having? :yinyang:

• Like 1

I need fresh blades for my spin p, @Ch@ppers or @panik, is there any preference between the 4 blade and 2 blade type? Also, that upturned seat fits perfectly to support the bowl, is that just a regular seat I often see stacked from those High St shops? 

Cheers! :yep:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slippy One said:

I need fresh blades for my spin p, @Ch@ppers or @panik, is there any preference between the 4 blade and 2 blade type? Also, that upturned seat fits perfectly to support the bowl, is that just a regular seat I often see stacked from those High St shops? 

Two blade, why complicate the issue :yinyang:

large.Screenshot_20200821_154759.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Slippy One said:

Yes mate it’s the plastic stools from the Asian cheap shops , and you want piano wire mate you can cut it an get 3 blades with one length, get the right thickness though , too thin it bends too thick it won’t go through the hole on machine 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Revive said:

Yeah being dry I would have thought the trim bags do more damage to the trichs.. its a daunting task this old trimming malarkey. Guess the spin pro does less damage as its all still so fresh.. may just hang and dry trim the big colas after removing the fans and hse the spin pro for the smaller stuff.. have you used any other makes of bud trimmers or is the spin pro the only 1 that is worth having? :yinyang:

Iv used spin pro , trim pro, ardvark, bonsai scissors, the table stand trimmers Iv used most of them except the tumble trimmers but that not very outdoor plot convenient 

spin pro wins hands down

• Like 5