The Random Thread

whats_luring

3 hours ago, ocb said:

Double post

It’s in the right page number so still counts! :yep:

• Like 1

420 baby! Wait, am I the only one doing the math on how long the bag of trim I was gonna bubble might last if smoked? lol

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Exile420 said:

You all see the thread were the guy was talking about ripping a plot?

Imagine 3 years post rip, catching and identifying a geezer using drones directly above the scene of the crime during prep season?! :woot:

• Like 1

I know right?! But you can imagine my rage having the lot taken. We put a lot of bone crunching effort in at times. fuck rippers but fuck government policy more. :yep:

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Slippy One said:

I know right?! But you can imagine my rage having the lot taken. We put a lot of bone crunching effort in at times. fuck rippers but fuck government policy more. :yep:

Fuck terasa may and her husband and all there little cronies 

6 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Imagine 3 years post rip, catching and identifying a geezer using drones directly above the scene of the crime during prep season?! :woot:

Sorry mate we’ve spoken about this on insta too and I wasn’t sure at the time about the possibility being there or not but honestly if it’s 3 years after I’d struggle to be sure past reasonable doubt , certainly not sure enough to accuse him openly and not enough to take any action on it 

it could be anything , who knows maybe the person who did rip it told him where the site was and he fancied looking even - it could be a million things and mostly likely as everyone said it was checking power lines or just genuinely hobby use , I’d leave it if I were you now , I think if it was as you said then posting his face and name here was 110% enough 

I fully understand the pain of losing a site , I’ve lost one this year and 3 the last year before that that I did a GG , it sucks but it’s part of the game as they say , just proof that it wasn’t hidden well enough/hard enough to not be easily accessible - it’s not like you’re growing on your own land you just have to accept loses when you’re doing it as we do and move on whilst accepting it and learning your lessons

• Like 7

One of the main attractions about GG for me is that for about 97% of the grow, they’re not ‘my plants’. My seedlings yes maybe, then my harvest definitely (if it all comes together) - but not my plants when they’re out wild between late may and Sept / October. I guess what I’m getting at is that we use our special plots and places for something that is seen by many as ‘wrong’ in a way that removes a massive risk element over growing indoors. Perhaps the ‘they’re my plants’ mentality is bound to lead to a fall at some point. The phrase ‘having your cake and eating it’ springs to mind. What with that YouTube fella doing all his sloppy crappy grows with no respect for anything other than his own ego seemingly and then shouting about them all over place, the drones thing and tech in general getting ever more useful but worryingly so, it’s surely best to adapt as best we can. If we plant ‘1  for the ripper, 1 to rot and 1 to fill the jar’ and we get 2 in, we have exceeded our expectations and so have succeeded. Keeping stealth, respecting the land and it’s inhabitants, keeping the risk as low as possible and the jars as full as you can whilst never expecting anything to work out as you want it too is the aim of the game (to me anyway) and although I’ve had plots compromised, the blow has never felt too bad and the jars have never become empty. Wishing everyone an enjoyable season :yep:

• Like 17

13 hours ago, B-real said:

Fuck terasa may and her husband and all there little cronies 

Well, her hubby did finance GW Pharma, so technically they’re biggest weed facilitators in the UK. No wonder they want to protect their monopoly by keeping folks like us from the freedom they enjoy. 

• Like 1

@Clean GreenI totally get where you’re coming from, i.e spread your bets, don’t count the plants until they’re home and hanging, but I’m almost certain I’ve found and ID’d my main suspect, and as a grower with intimate knowledge of this area, I’m entitled to form my own opinion, just as much as anyone would say he’s just randomly flying his toys over my old plot for a bit of lockdown fun. I’d say my £100 camera was a worthwhile investment if it keeps that guy and his team the fuck away from me in future. 

I’m still amazed to capture AND identify anyone on a camera trap, I mean what are the odds?! 

large.6BFB9A55-6EB9-4639-A94E-8639D4A06099.jpeglarge.Back1.jpglarge.2drones.jpg

:v:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Slippy One said:

@Clean Green

I’m still amazed to capture AND identify anyone on a camera trap, I mean what are the odds?! 

large.6BFB9A55-6EB9-4639-A94E-8639D4A06099.jpeglarge.Back1.jpglarge.2drones.jpg

:v:

Very true , it is a massive game changer for gg’ing imo 

I've been partially ID’d by someone growing in my old area whilst out plot hunting - most of my foraging/mushroom /gg’ing spots have been used by someone else after some years of not being so interested in growing outdoors/too busy with work and it’s definitely a great way to keep track of rippers for sure 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we all gathered a database or something along those lines of images captured with confirmed ripped that we’d only have a few people to look at , I really wouldn’t put it past someone to put in a bit of work to take others work 

• Like 3

On 04/07/2020 at 2:46 PM, Nongshim said:

Very true , it is a massive game changer for gg’ing imo 

I've been partially ID’d by someone growing in my old area whilst out plot hunting - most of my foraging/mushroom /gg’ing spots have been used by someone else after some years of not being so interested in growing outdoors/too busy with work and it’s definitely a great way to keep track of rippers for sure 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we all gathered a database or something along those lines of images captured with confirmed ripped that we’d only have a few people to look at , I really wouldn’t put it past someone to put in a bit of work to take others work 

I was plot hunting in earnest with a buddy in 2016 when I stumbled onto about 3 of @panik's so I'm a marked man. Prolly a pic of me and grow bud on the wall. I'm still in awe, they were amazing. :yinyang:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Slippy One said:

I was plot hunting in earnest with a buddy in 2016 when I stumbled onto about 3 of @panik's so I'm a marked man. Prolly a pic of me and grow bud on the wall. I'm still in awe, they were amazing. :yinyang:

:yep: 

Edited by panik
  • Like 2