The Random Thread

whats_luring

19 minutes ago, HullFeltMashematician said:

Decided to put some of the birch I've cleared from around the plots to good use recently.. Lockdown boredom leads to creative ideas to keep myself entertained!

I ordered a nice cheap little bushcraft knife (Mora companion) and a small axe (Husqvarna) to do some whittling/carving and use later for some bushcraft camping trips.

Ended up making myself my first collapsible bowsaw/frame saw or whatever it is...

large.IMG_0169JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0170JPG.jpglarge.rsz_img_0173.jpg

Going to make another with a focus on a sturdier frame but pretty happy with it for a first attempt!

:skin_up:

Nice frame-saw,i think theres a few on here know a bit about bushcraft and outdoor foraging/survival. :yinyang:

• Like 2

On 28/04/2020 at 2:18 PM, Revive said:

Hey guys, interested to hear your take on this..

So as I'm sure most do I germed more than was needed this year with the idea of picking my strongest out the bunch to plant out.. now I have some pretty healthy spares and wondering what to do with them.. do I just cut my losses and just bin them ( cant bear the thought of this) thought about squeezing them into the plot but not sure it's a good idea as it may hinder the rest due to growing space needed. Do I just dig a random hole somewhere and put them down? If they survive and dont get found bonus for me? Already gave 1 away for a old pals garden..

What would you do?

Yes if you really cant use tactile guessing nature reserve park nature walks in your area .pick a place on google maps then google bridleways etc south facing c'mon get onit

2 hours ago, B-real said:

Yes if you really cant use tactile guessing nature reserve park nature walks in your area .pick a place on google maps then google bridleways etc south facing c'mon get onit

Due to this lockdown dude I really need to fine somewhere that can be got to easy enough, sadly where in come from we dont have many nature reserves, nature walks, or much green space. Already got my hands full with my regular plot so this was more about trying a quick thing rather than throw those girls in the bin..that feels like a sin man!!

3 hours ago, JP001 said:

Well, the plan was to be as lazy as possible, plants are growing in seedling trays, to then be moved into 500ml bottles and then I can just drill holes and drop in the plants.

That being said, everyone else seems to be doing a lot of prep and I wonder if my laziness is going to drastically reduce my yield...

Ok I see what you mean now, dude it would take a pretty big drill to drive that into the ground, be much quieter to dig some holes by hand, this depends where your growing and what your ground is like.. better do some prep dude you will be greatful of this come harvest.. good luck

3 hours ago, HullFeltMashematician said:

a nice cheap little bushcraft knife (Mora companion) and a small axe (Husqvarna)

Good bits of kit Moraknivs , i think i'm on 9 and counting! just used my 810 companion to make a cheese sarnie lol

Which husqy did you opt for? i have their small forest axe , couldn't stretch to a gransfors bruk example but its every bit as good (if not better) 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Hey guys.. quick question, this morn I noticed a bit of white mold forming on the surface of my compost.. the girls appear to be doing just fine but wanted to no if this was anything to be concerned about? From my understanding this white mold is wat is responsible for breaking down organic matter and is a natural occurrence in compost and soil's  I have read that this can indeed be beneficial to the said compost so was wondering what other members views on this was...thanks guys

15 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Good bits of kit Moraknivs , i think i'm on 9 and counting! just used my 810 companion to make a cheese sarnie lol

Which husqy did you opt for? i have their small forest axe , couldn't stretch to a gransfors bruk example but its every bit as good (if not better) 

:yinyang:

In truth my husqy hasn't arrived yet and I carved that whole frame-saw with the 810! Glad to hear it's also good for a cheese sarnie lol

I ended up getting the hatchet from gardenmachinesltd. It was super cheap and I believe that's because they haven't worked the edge so much and the handle is untreated. I've got some linseed oil somewhere and a good friend of mine knows everything there is to know about the sharpening of any sort of blade, I'll pick his brain and give it a couple hours love and attention which in the end should make this an absolute steal for £24!

• Like 2

Going back a good few years on here in  2010 " Marco's king harvest" is still such a good read and look back at how guerrilla growing in the UK was 10 years ago.

Funny thing is nothing has changed we have been doing it correct from day 1 and the strains are only getting better and better it's kushty  :skin_up:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

These were taken before 2010 back when plod nor the public were aware.

Impressive - let's hope that as the p 'n' p become more aware decriminalisation / legalisation comes closer so that as the risk of discovery/rips increases the need to be covert decreases.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Socksnsandals said:

Impressive - let's hope that as the p 'n' p become more aware decriminalisation / legalisation comes closer so that as the risk of discovery/rips increases the need to be covert decreases.

Wise words my friend... a bit of light in the dark..

2 hours ago, Socksnsandals said:

In truth I think if that happens the game might lose part of its appeal,we have had some fun times,some good laughs,and seen the game change a lot in the last few years.

• Like 7

As much as I would love the decriminalisation/legalisation of our favoured herb I would really miss the thrill of sneaking around in the undergrowth, planning stealthy lil missions to get your plot ready, and watching all your hard work pay off.. it just wouldn't be the same if we was aloud to do wat we wanted.. this is a great secret lil hobby and so much fuking fun when you pull it off :)

• Like 3