The Random Thread

whats_luring

11 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

How are the Alfemco 1 coming on ?

Im gonna extend their ripening and curing times to ensure maximum germination now as want maximum numbers for selection.  As numbers are low I will also only consider giving out very small numbers to growers that I know won't waste them.  The seeded plant is looking and smelling divine though, I can't wait to grow these out.  I think I might give the wall spot to them this year. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

Im gonna extend their ripening and curing times to ensure maximum germination now as want maximum numbers for selection.  As numbers are low I will also only consider giving out very small numbers to growers that I know won't waste them.  The seeded plant is looking and smelling divine though, I can't wait to grow these out.  I think I might give the wall spot to them this year. 

Nice mate. Well if you need a tester :naughty:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, harvestreaper said:

the harder the fight the sweeter the victory

Very true dude.. and this is gonna be 1 sweet victory :skin_up:

• Like 1

Didnt think this needed a new thread so adding here...

Anyone have experience with drill bit augers? Only small holes (3") but seem like they would be nice and easy to use.

I would include a link but I don't think it lets me? eBay has plenty of examples.

Edited by JP001
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, JP001 said:

Didnt think this needed a new thread so adding here...

Anyone have experience with drill bit augers? Only small holes (3") but seem like they would be nice and easy to use.

I would include a link but I don't think it lets me? eBay has plenty of examples.

I use them all the time.. what you going to use them for?

Hey guys, interested to hear your take on this..

So as I'm sure most do I germed more than was needed this year with the idea of picking my strongest out the bunch to plant out.. now I have some pretty healthy spares and wondering what to do with them.. do I just cut my losses and just bin them ( cant bear the thought of this) thought about squeezing them into the plot but not sure it's a good idea as it may hinder the rest due to growing space needed. Do I just dig a random hole somewhere and put them down? If they survive and dont get found bonus for me? Already gave 1 away for a old pals garden..

What would you do?

2 minutes ago, Revive said:

Hey guys, interested to hear your take on this..

So as I'm sure most do I germed more than was needed this year with the idea of picking my strongest out the bunch to plant out.. now I have some pretty healthy spares and wondering what to do with them.. do I just cut my losses and just bin them ( cant bear the thought of this) thought about squeezing them into the plot but not sure it's a good idea as it may hinder the rest due to growing space needed. Do I just dig a random hole somewhere and put them down? If they survive and dont get found bonus for me? Already gave 1 away for a old pals garden..

What would you do?

There's a little overgrown spot about 50 yrds from the house i'm tempted to stick one in there. lol

Dig some holes and plant if still there come harvest bonus u was going to kill em off anyway.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

There's a little overgrown spot about 50 yrds from the house i'm tempted to stick one in there. lol

Dig some holes and plant if still there come harvest bonus u was going to kill em off anyway.

Leaning towards this idea, the only hitch is if it gets found will it make someone think there is more to be found and go scouting for them. This may put my plot at risk... not much green space near me dude... maybe I need to take a drive somewhere, I just cant put them in the bin... I have reared these baby with my own bear hands lollol

Edited by Revive
  • Like 2

My plots are nowhere near where i live too populated that's why its tempting reckon i could get one out there ninja stylee in the middle of the night. lol

• Like 5

1 minute ago, murphyblue said:

My plots are nowhere near where i live too populated that's why its tempting reckon i could get one out there ninja stylee in the middle of the night. lol

Always fly by night me dude... fuk it I guess if it put nothing else at risk why not...no real work will go into it if its ninja stylee so you lose the lady is the worse that can come out of it I guess. Go for it dude :skin_up:

• Like 1

I know a few people have been waiting, so just to let people know there are now 6 packs of MWF available at the 420 store :yep:

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

I know a few people have been waiting, so just to let people know there are now 6 packs of MWF available at the 420 store :yep:

Nice one Mr Slim, I'll grab a pack tonight. 

• Like 1

Decided to put some of the birch I've cleared from around the plots to good use recently.. Lockdown boredom leads to creative ideas to keep myself entertained!

I ordered a nice cheap little bushcraft knife (Mora companion) and a small axe (Husqvarna) to do some whittling/carving and use later for some bushcraft camping trips.

Ended up making myself my first collapsible bowsaw/frame saw or whatever it is...

large.IMG_0169JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0170JPG.jpglarge.rsz_img_0173.jpg

Going to make another with a focus on a sturdier frame but pretty happy with it for a first attempt!

:skin_up:

• Like 12

On 28/04/2020 at 1:06 PM, Revive said:

I use them all the time.. what you going to use them for?

Well, the plan was to be as lazy as possible, plants are growing in seedling trays, to then be moved into 500ml bottles and then I can just drill holes and drop in the plants.

That being said, everyone else seems to be doing a lot of prep and I wonder if my laziness is going to drastically reduce my yield...

• Like 1