The Random Thread

whats_luring

10 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

What ones are the fast diesel too on the pics mate?

Yes mate lots fems in making..  and second pic down :yep: 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

No only regs.  

Im sure it will be ;)

----------------------------------

Had a few people asking for smaller packs of the MWF,  so I've decided to make up a small amount of packs containing 6 seeds for those who are only after a few plants... 

large_MWF6.JPG

It may take a couple weeks before these hit the store due to present slow postal issues, so this is just an early heads up.  Extra seed in each pack to guarantee you get a minimum of 6 plants.  £25.00 per pack.  

Proven great performer from lat 50 up to 55...  

large.5e85c5d404daa_mwfs1-6of6.jpglarge.5e85c5d6ef4bc_mwfs1-3of6.jpg

large.DSCF2338.JPG

large.5d81f7cf6aaa3_MWFs1.jpg.jpg

large_MWF.jpg

:v:

I love looking at this strain, it's a shame I can't have it yet. can I buy it privately from you? Because it's hard to get in touch with the store... :)

• Like 6

4 hours ago, panik said:

Clones …. watch this space ,..:naughty:

large.E8705580-B35D-4A70-982D-DC876411546E.jpeg.jpg

large.2CD05117-3CF3-4D30-AEB9-EC9E30E73C6D.jpeg.jpg

large.CD04D1FA-FF3A-4E0C-B142-08DEC591443D.jpeg.jpg

New strains? Erdbeer is an old Swiss strain?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, murzyn said:

New strains? Erdbeer is an old Swiss strain?

It is indeed, translates as Strawberry :yep: 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, panik said:

It is indeed, translates as Strawberry :yep: 

Erdbeer pure from 2017 late oct finish.:yep:

large.5bce42d4ceaa6_DSC00085(2).JPGlarge.5bce42c953c2f_DSC00103(2).JPGlarge.5bce42c1057a6_DSC00089(2).JPG

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, Dr feelgood said:

large.5bce42d4ceaa6_DSC00085(2).JPGlarge.5bce42c953c2f_DSC00103(2).JPGlarge.5bce42c1057a6_DSC00089(2).JPG

Nice mate where’s this Erdbeer from??  Seed /cones? 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, panik said:

Nice mate where’s this Erdbeer from??  Seed /cones? 

It was a cut from owls productions originally that was selfed by a friend in denmark in 03.:yep: 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dr feelgood said:

It was a cut from owls productions originally that was selfed by a friend in denmark in 03.:yep: 

Nice :yep: 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, murzyn said:

Erdbeer is an old Swiss strain?

Yep, I know a bit about the history surrounding this cultivar as Im quite friendly with Knopse, a Swiss guy that is responsible for many of the seed lines that come from the clone.. The original erdbeer was grown for years as clone only in Switzerland , the exact heritage isn't known although there are some theories...  Years back whilst working on a farm that grew a lot of erdbeer, knopse noticed a single branch on one of the plants that had herm'd, and from this he got some S1 seeds which he grew out the following year. Some of these had the good traits of their mother such as good bud density and robustness, but were also earlier.  Its from these selections that nearly all other erdbeer seeds, crosses, cuts come from. So Greenhornet, HFH, blue hemp etc and the cut called 'erdbeerli' in Flowery fields nursery all derive from the 'early erdbeer' and crosses from knopse. 

The exception to this is the discontinued paradise seeds cultivar which some older members might remember called 'Rox' , which according to Knopse was created from the original years ago after Luc from paradise was doing some business in Switzerland.   I believe it might be this same old cut that Panik has as apposed the the one Knopse took to Flowery fields along with some crosses.  

Couple years back Knopse gave all his remaining Early erdbeer seeds to me and Arnold for reproduction, due to the age of the seeds the germ rates were very low and out of a couple hundred or so seeds I ended up with only two plants, both of which had deformed and twisted early growth due to the age of the seeds. They grew out of this but I was unable to make seeds from them.

large.5e870cb98c377_Erdbeermale.jpg

- one of the two 'Early erdbeer' plants I got.  

Arnold also had some more recently reproduced seeds from a German grower iirc, and so managed to get a larger number of plants and managed a successful reproduction, so thankfully the line still lives on in seed form.  

That year I also grew about 50 or so 'erdbeer' seeds from Helvetic seeds, despite the name these are actually a hybrid and lacked a lot of the traits that makes the erdbeer desirable. 

Heres a pic showing the other Early erdbeer plant I had (left), next to a 'erdbeer' from Helvectic (right).

large.e.jpeg

Note that the Helvectic plant has barely begun flowering and has a much more squat and 'closed' structure. 

Close up of the Early erdbeer...  

large.erdbeer.jpg-

The erdbeer on its own has some good traits but is quite bland and not the most potent, in crosses she can be good though, and there was one F1 I may still make with the line if I get the time.  But Im focusing mostly on my MWF line for now as some phenos can have similar density but with greater potency etc...  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 11

14 hours ago, Dr feelgood said:

Do you think could have some Purpurea Ticinensis in the mix there? I know Felix of Owl's productions and others made crosses like this, that led to things like erdpurt etc.  

I had a few Juraberri x's and the cross with PT that looked like the bud pictured. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, murzyn said:

Because it's hard to get in touch with the store... :)

Hopefully @Joolz can help here. He does all the sales side stuff :yep:

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

Yep, I know a bit about the history surrounding this cultivar as Im quite friendly with Knopse, a Swiss guy that is responsible for many of the seed lines that come from the clone.. The original erdbeer was grown for years as clone only in Switzerland , the exact heritage isn't known although there are some theories...  Years back whilst working on a farm that grew a lot of erdbeer, knopse noticed a single branch on one of the plants that had herm'd, and from this he got some S1 seeds which he grew out the following year. Some of these had the good traits of their mother such as good bud density and robustness, but were also earlier.  Its from these selections that nearly all other erdbeer seeds, crosses, cuts come from. So Greenhornet, HFH, blue hemp etc and the cut called 'erdbeerli' in Flowery fields nursery all derive from the 'early erdbeer' and crosses from knopse. 

The exception to this is the discontinued paradise seeds cultivar which some older members might remember called 'Rox' , which according to Knopse was created from the original years ago after Luc from paradise was doing some business in Switzerland.   I believe it might be this same old cut that Panik has as apposed the the one Knopse took to Flowery fields along with some crosses.  

Couple years back Knopse gave all his remaining Early erdbeer seeds to me and Arnold for reproduction, due to the age of the seeds the germ rates were very low and out of a couple hundred or so seeds I ended up with only two plants, both of which had deformed and twisted early growth due to the age of the seeds. They grew out of this but I was unable to make seeds from them.

large.5e870cb98c377_Erdbeermale.jpg

- one of the two 'Early erdbeer' plants I got.  

Arnold also had some more recently reproduced seeds from a German grower iirc, and so managed to get a larger number of plants and managed a successful reproduction, so thankfully the line still lives on in seed form.  

That year I also grew about 50 or so 'erdbeer' seeds from Helvetic seeds, despite the name these are actually a hybrid and lacked a lot of the traits that makes the erdbeer desirable. 

Heres a pic showing the other Early erdbeer plant I had (left), next to a 'erdbeer' from Helvectic (right).

large.e.jpeg

Note that the Helvectic plant has barely begun flowering and has a much more squat and 'closed' structure. 

Close up of the Early erdbeer...  

large.erdbeer.jpg-

The erdbeer on its own has some good traits but is quite bland and not the most potent, in crosses she can be good though, and there was one F1 I may still make with the line if I get the time.  But Im focusing mostly on my MWF line for now as some phenos can have similar density but with greater potency etc...  

Interesting stuff!

• Like 4