The Random Thread

whats_luring

tescos have 3 for a 10 on a 40l not sure what.

early yet though my local b+m got a garden centre near by so they compete a bit which is good for me lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, panik said:

Nice mate I used to do graffiti as a kid and love graff , the graff scene is actually booming again around Europe and London even the world I guess, iv recently got some designs under way from one of London’s most prolific graffiti writers for some new summer Tshirt hoodies etc watch this space :yep: 

I thought as much. I remember seeing an old pic of yours and you had written panik on it. Could tell from the handstyle that there was a Graff history there somewhere. I've always liked Graff. Ironically it's only bin as an adult that I've really got into it and practiced it. I'll look out for them t-shirts!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Lidl "Garden Event" starts this week.  A few things which may be of interest.  Folding saw like a large penknife with an 18cm locking blade £2.99.  Extendable loppers £7.99 - I found these fine on part-extension for branches up to an inch across but have not tried them at full extension with larger branches - when not extended they just fit in a large rucksac as does the short shovel from Screwfix.  Hand tool set (two trowels and a hand fork) £6.99. Couple of little plastic propagator sets (not deep like root trainers though) one of them has four sets each of 24 well inserts + tray + transparent cover at £3.99.  For the garden grower who might be interested in a cheap and not v robust mini-greenhouse 1.4m square, 2m height (the young adult woman model they have used in the photo must a) be about 3' 6" tall or b) she is kneeling or c) she has her greenhouse sitting on a 2' plinth!) with a metal, presumed tubular steel frame, opaque, so mildly stealthy plastic sheeting reinforced with ~10mm grid white mesh and 4 shelves for seedlings, roll-up door and separate ventilation "window" £39.99.  Would get a couple of autos in there or perhaps one photoperiod - the latter so long as you started it relatively late or it would erupt out of that space by flowering time. 85L pop up garden waste bag might be usable as a raised bed thingy £4.99. Peat-free compost £0.99 for 20L and unspecified, presumably peat-containing compost £1.99 for 40L. Waders - can't believe that they are that good at £6.99 but I have been surprised at how good some of their things are for the price. 

D.O.I. I have no connection with Lidl other than buying food there and being a sucker for the "man bait" aisles - have managed to resist welder's masks, a raised lavatory seat for when I get really old, rock salt lights, innumerable socket / screw / washer / sewing thread / fridge magnet sets, foot warmers, every possible thing with LED lights - e.g. shower heads - wtf?? but have several indoor/outdoor thermometers - so I know that atm my greenhouse is 6.8C and 85% humidity, that it is low tide now and that sunrise is at 06.49 in Cardiff tomorrow... and have several LED desk lamps including one with an integrated magnifying glass, workwear, socks with vaguely amusing designs and so on.  Was looking at a blackcurrant bush - I have one which produces loads of fruit - lovely just melted with sugar in a heavy pan and eaten with creme fraiche or cream but couldn't see the price.  They have blackberry, raspberry, gooseberry... etc as well - hmm, I digress, munchies.

• Like 4

Got a new t5 veg/seedling light tday. Going to get another 3 as they daisy chain together. 8 per power lead. Struggled with heat last yr using an envirolight as I don't really extract so less heat is good. They only 20 quid each. Got a lil reflector on it too..20200305-203627.jpg20200305-203655.jpg

• Like 10

On 11.12.2019 at 8:30 PM, panik said:

Hello Panik. Which strain should be the earliest of these new crosses? I'm interested in the hard structure of the flower :) Frezland is in indica or sativa action ? I ordered Frezland Ibl , and FreezeWarp maybe something else worth buying from the new ?...I still have Fast Diesel and Lemonade OG.  Greetings .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, murzyn said:

Hello Panik. Which strain should be the earliest of these new crosses? I'm interested in the hard structure of the flower :) Frezland is in indica or sativa action ? I ordered Frezland Ibl , and FreezeWarp maybe something else worth buying from the new ?...I still have Fast Diesel and Lemonade OG.  Greetings .

You pretty much got it covered with all those you have mate ,.. maybe try some GG5 x freezeland or purple freeze :yep: 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, panik said:

You pretty much got it covered with all those you have mate ,.. maybe try some GG5 x freezeland or purple freeze :yep: 

Okay, I hope I'm satisfied.

• Like 1

Its been awhile wassup chaps..

Actually going to get a grow under way seeds have started popping but hardly any viable.. should of took better care.

Head been everywere past 2 years nothing going right and bills but my mind set is now clear and ready to get digging under way.

Just popped..

Fire99 x fire99 auto

Purps#1  dinafem

Black lime reserve x og kusg

Black lime reserve x amnesia

More to come yet :)

Happy growing fellas and ladies.

• Like 11

Trawling thru the Tude looking for new and inspirational genetics for 2020. Some of the names are great. My favourite so far is from Dr Krippling with their ...... Mong U Mental.

Love it, shame I can’t GG it. 

• Like 3

Is plot preparation or planting out an "essential journey"?  Thinking of the likely level of lockdown soon GG will be difficult, not only because of the decreased ratio of peeps out and about to officials, but travel restrictions.  "Officer, my gran has to have FBB to supplement her diet, and needs chickenwire to [insert plausible medical necessity if you can think of one]" though if it extends into late April/early May "well officer/corporal, you see it is essential that I get these young plants into the ground now..."

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Socksnsandals said:

Is plot preparation or planting out an "essential journey"?  Thinking of the likely level of lockdown soon GG will be difficult, not only because of the decreased ratio of peeps out and about to officials, but travel restrictions.  "Officer, my gran has to have FBB to supplement her diet, and needs chickenwire to [insert plausible medical necessity if you can think of one]" though if it extends into late April/early May "well officer/corporal, you see it is essential that I get these young plants into the ground now..."

On the flip side... The plod will probably not want to pull over every Tom, Dick and Harry as they probably won't want to catch whatever you've got... So as long as you are doing things discreetly and driving like a sensible human being then you should be OK. 

It's not like walking with a backpack in the wild is a crime. Just make sure you're not doing anything blatant and you'll be fine... 

How are they going to lock us down? So ridiculous... Nobody is telling me I cannot go for a drive. Cannot go for a walk... Cannot go and stick a few plants out... Come on... Dont buy into the media bollocks... Take a deep breath and get digging... 

• Like 7

Well said chappers no one is stopping me! I can access my plot just by the local canal thats a 2min walk from my house.

My post was tongue in cheek but we will have to see how draconian the emergency powers in the upcoming Bill will be and how firmly the police +/- army will enforce them should they be invoked.  If they do as has been imposed not only in totalitarian China but in some European democracies freedom of movement might be severely curtailed which may not be able to prevent people like Exile420 ninjaing out to nearby plots but which may stop us travelling long distances on foot, bike or by car to further ones.  I will be able to use my garden which is nice, however I prepped three small GG plots earlier this year and would like to use them but all require either driving, or a journey on foot or bike of 2-7 miles which, if we are not being allowed out other than to go to work or for food shopping will be a (First World) problem.  Friends in France say that you have to have and fill in a form to say where you are going (each day) with gendarmes at roundabouts stopping you - difficult to say you were popping out to the supermarket if heading out of town to a GG, particularly if they take an interest in what you are transporting.  Another friend in Spain says you can go to work, to supermarket or chemist but have to have proof and that there are police and army everywhere (of course Spain has always had a fairly heavy road police presence - a legacy of 1) the Romans who knew that if you control the roads you control the country and 2) Franco's rule.  We have never had ID cards or a heavily policed state (in our lifetimes) but these are unprecedented times and it will be interesting to see what happens. Will give an extra frisson to GGardening to those of us who enjoy the subversive element.